~*~*~*~*The Official DECEMBER 2015 Thread*~*~*~*~

We will be at POFQ December 12-20! This will be our third ever trip to the world and the first outside of May. This trip has moved so many times it's not funny. We had to change from (you guessed it) May 2016, due to grad school schedules (the gf and I attend different universities). Then work got in the way of our rescheduled for January 2016 trip. So I guess we'll just have to "settle" for Disney at Christmastime :santa:. MVMCP tickets are ordered, so this date is set in stone! We have seven day parkhoppers and that eight day will be spent relaxing somewhere off-property. Leaning towards a manatee excursion at one of the state parks.

We were booked at Pop for Nov 28-Dec 5 but I got nervous and canceled. Now I'm considering booking again. I was reluctant for several reasons. I'm a teacher on leave for 4 months so my pay will be lower this year and we are also booked on a DCL next August with extended family which is a huge investment already- it feels irresponsible. We just had a baby so we have a 6yo a 4yo and a will be 4 month old. Worried 4 month old will make it all too difficult. We plan to drive. 6yo will miss a week of school.

Reasons I can't let the idea of the trip go- It's the one time before I retire that we can go non peak and also enjoy Christmas in Disney non peak. We are always more on the conservative side with spending and do have the money for the trip- worst case is we end up canceling the cruise which would stink but we can do a cruise any summer. Because I had an awful pregnamcy we did nothing at all this summer and the thought of having no vacation for another year is rough.

I thought it would be amazing to secretly set up most of our Christmas tree the night before Thanksgiving and put out our elf with a note that Santa sent Christmas present a little early and we would be going to WDW leaving the wee hours of Black Friday morning.

As a teacher (and mom of 3) I completely understand your dilemma. I personally would choose the December trip over the cruise, because a vacation for you, versus an extended family vacation seems needed at this time based on what you have said. 4 month traveler should be piece of cake. No solid foods, hopefully sleeping good stretches of time. I totally get the budget consideration. Can you scrap any money spent on gifts (outside of stockings and small things for the big kids?) we are traveling on Christmas, because at this point, I don't want to spend money on more things kids never use. They will enjoy the experience, and the memories last forever.

As a teacher (and mom of 3) I completely understand your dilemma. I personally would choose the December trip over the cruise, because a vacation for you, versus an extended family vacation seems needed at this time based on what you have said. 4 month traveler should be piece of cake. No solid foods, hopefully sleeping good stretches of time. I totally get the budget consideration. Can you scrap any money spent on gifts (outside of stockings and small things for the big kids?) we are traveling on Christmas, because at this point, I don't want to spend money on more things kids never use. They will enjoy the experience, and the memories last forever.
Thank you! I knew I'd find a teacher that understood! I agree- the kids have EVERY toy they don't need another present heavy Christmas. I think I will book tomorrow so we don't lose out on fall promos and we can play it by ear until 45 days.

So, I'm kinda scared about this El Nino that is supposed to hit. Just read that it's supposed to be bad from the end of November through March. That will coincide with all our vacations. I know that the parks stay open for it, but walking around in the rain for my 1st trip after waiting 46 years will not make me a happy camper to see all my photos of me looking like my dog who just walked inside after going out to do her business. LOL

So, I'm kinda scared about this El Nino that is supposed to hit. Just read that it's supposed to be bad from the end of November through March. That will coincide with all our vacations. I know that the parks stay open for it, but walking around in the rain for my 1st trip after waiting 46 years will not make me a happy camper to see all my photos of me looking like my dog who just walked inside after going out to do her business. LOL
Yes, I'm worried about too much rain also! I would hate that some of the party events would be canceled.

Yes, I'm worried about too much rain also! I would hate that some of the party events would be canceled.

Yep, we have the party on the 8th and that’s what I’m thinking too; everything will get rained out. Oh this is troublesome

I wouldn't worry about it too much...I just watched a video that made it sound like this would be a pacific event more than atlantic...fingers crossed. I am in CA and we need the rain!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much...I just watched a video that made it sound like this would be a pacific event more than atlantic...fingers crossed. I am in CA and we need the rain!!

My home state! :) Talked to my sister last night (she's in the L.A area) and she's hoping for it there but not our trip lol

I am sooooooooooo excited! I just booked our flights!!!!! We were debating on driving or flying because flights were so expensive. I just booked with Expedia and booked 1 hotel night, so we are actually leaving Florida on the 28th instead of the 27th and saved a TON of money! I got it for only $1368 for flights and the 1 hotel night. We will not get there until 9:45 at night on Saturday night, which is sad, but we were going to have to leave early on Sunday morning and not get park time on that day and now we get to be there all day Sunday! Woo Hoo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter