The *Official* February 2011 Thread - Happy Dance Time...The Park Hours Are Out!

Congratulations!
To all of those who are thinking of going in February 2011 or who are booking for a trip in February 2011

So I just realized that next month is August already! August is a big month I suppose for many! The park hours are released, the 2011 Room Rates are released, ADR's can be booked etc.

Happy planning!!

OH wow! I didn't know the park hours are to be released as well! :cool1:

put us down. LOL.
Just dd and me...DH watches up above. :angel:.
We are aiming for 1/30 - 2/5 at CBR.

OH wow! I didn't know the park hours are to be released as well! :cool1:

I thought that they would be? Maybe I'm wrong, I most likely am. I just thought since we could make ADR's next month according to the ADR calendar...? I mean they have the January hours on the WDWInfo website already.

I've confused myself haha.

I thought I posted to this thread but I guess it was another one. It looks like My dear hubby and I are going to be going in late February for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon. we were going to bring the girls, but now are thinking of just doing a Mommy/Daddy trip. It would be nice to do a grown up trip to WDW since we haven't done that in 11 years. :D We will be there Feb 24th-28th hopefully, hoping to book with a bounceback when we're there in October for DD's 4th birthday. Crossing my fingers. :D

I thought I posted to this thread but I guess it was another one. It looks like My dear hubby and I are going to be going in late February for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon. we were going to bring the girls, but now are thinking of just doing a Mommy/Daddy trip. It would be nice to do a grown up trip to WDW since we haven't done that in 11 years. :D We will be there Feb 24th-28th hopefully, hoping to book with a bounceback when we're there in October for DD's 4th birthday. Crossing my fingers. :D

DH and I will be bringing the fam in Feb but we are also hoping to book for Oct 2011 for our 30th bdays sans KIDS! We haven't had a "grown up" trip in many moons lol. Love my family but would also love a trip with just the two of us lol!

Almost time for ADR's guys!!! I'm getting sooo excited! I think I have everything in order and better yet, I've been checking the online adrs just to see as mid jan to mid feb is pretty much the same so I hear and Ive been able to find TONS of availability for the places we never got to try on our last trip, including LeCellier, Coral Reef and CRT so wow...I'm getting giddy! And hungry reading over all these menus :)

I think I'm down to about 20 days till our adrs can be made!

Hi Lilandvisma!!

I just read an article about Disney planning and it said that the VERY BEST time to to go Disney is for the Superbowl. It said it was the lowest park crowds of the entire year!!!

I can't remember exactly where I read it, but it was a reputable planning site.

BUT... looking at Touringplans, here is what I found for your dates:

Wed, 02 Feb '11 1 MK EP HS AK
Thu, 03 Feb '11 3 EP AK MK
Fri, 04 Feb '11 5 MK HS EP
Sat, 05 Feb '11 6 MK HS
Sun, 06 Feb '11 7 EP MK Superbowl Sunday
Mon, 07 Feb '11 5 HS AK
Tue, 08 Feb '11 2 MK HS AK EP
Wed, 09 Feb '11 2 MK EP HS AK

So it reads like this... the number after the date is the crowd level (one being the lowest crowd, 10 being the highest levels). The parks listed after the number are the parks that are the best to go to that day, and the one park listed last is the park to avoid. I tried to break up the list a bit, so it would be more easily read, but I can't do that in a post, apparently.

This would show that Superbowl Sunday is the worst day during your trip, but still manageable. Check out those 1 and 2 days!!!

Hope that helps your planning! :thumbsup2

We are waiting for the 2011 rates to be released before we make our reservations. I am hoping that they give the 4/3 deal again like last year. If they do we'll probably do Club Level again like last year. Although I expect the rack rates to be released in 2 weeks, when does everyone believe the discounts(if any) will be made public?

I have a question for planning for February?

My SIL asked me to do some research for February for her. I tried getting some quotes from Disney reservation system online, but it said I couldn't book past Jan/11. Do I have to call for prices?

Hi Lilandvisma!!

I just read an article about Disney planning and it said that the VERY BEST time to to go Disney is for the Superbowl. It said it was the lowest park crowds of the entire year!!!

I can't remember exactly where I read it, but it was a reputable planning site.

BUT... looking at Touringplans, here is what I found for your dates:

Wed, 02 Feb '11 1 MK EP HS AK
Thu, 03 Feb '11 3 EP AK MK
Fri, 04 Feb '11 5 MK HS EP
Sat, 05 Feb '11 6 MK HS
Mon, 07 Feb '11 5 HS AK

So it reads like this... the number after the date is the crowd level (one being the lowest crowd, 10 being the highest levels). The parks listed after the number are the parks that are the best to go to that day, and the one park listed last is the park to avoid. I tried to break up the list a bit, so it would be more easily read, but I can't do that in a post, apparently.

This would show that Superbowl Sunday is the worst day during your trip, but still manageable. Check out those 1 and 2 days!!!

Hope that helps your planning! :thumbsup2

VERY cool:woohoo: THANKS!!!

We are waiting for the 2011 rates to be released before we make our reservations. I am hoping that they give the 4/3 deal again like last year. If they do we'll probably do Club Level again like last year. Although I expect the rack rates to be released in 2 weeks, when does everyone believe the discounts(if any) will be made public?

I've heard later in the year...Novemberish??

I have a question for planning for February?

My SIL asked me to do some research for February for her. I tried getting some quotes from Disney reservation system online, but it said I couldn't book past Jan/11. Do I have to call for prices?

Yes, you have to call and as of right now you'd only be given an estimate of rack rate I believe. You CAN book a room only ressie right now...this is what I did to ensure us our hotel of choice. They should be releasing info soon now come August!

Can someone give me the numbers from touringplans for the week of February 5-12. First time visiting in February, hoping for low crowds. Thanks!

Yes, you have to call and as of right now you'd only be given an estimate of rack rate I believe. You CAN book a room only ressie right now...this is what I did to ensure us our hotel of choice. They should be releasing info soon now come August!

Thanks! I called for her today and quotes for packages in value, moderate & deluxe.

I was given the following information: for 2 adults, 2 kids ages 3-9 February 13-19th

Pop - Preferred room $120.00/night, base tickets $913
Package price with DDP & hoppers $2500.00

Caribbean Beach Resort - Pirate Room - $200.00/night
Package with DDP & hoppers - $2980.00

Wilderness Lodge - Standard Room - $390.00/night
Package with DDP & hoppers - $4100.50

Hi Disney Angel,
Here are your Touring Plan crowd levels!

Sat, 05 Feb '11 6 MK HS
Mon, 07 Feb '11 5 HS AK
Thu, 10 Feb '11 5 EP AK MK
Fri, 11 Feb '11 6 HS AK MK
Sat, 12 Feb '11 4 MK AK HS

Have a GREAT time!!!

Dee (o2bnoz)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter