The Official January 2010 Car Rental Thread

Since car rental rates depend on your specific dates which dates do you require the minivan in March?

March 3-10.

I took your codes from the Official April thread for Budget (X474200 & MUGZ009) and am now down to $298.00! I'll also be signing up for Fast Break too. Thanks...

I just booked a mini-van using walmart code and the coupon AD2123JMC for Jan. 30-Feb.5 for a total of $218.00. Before I cancel my other reservations can someone tell me if I need a copy of that coupon and where it is from. I didn't see it on the Alamo site, just on here.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I used the Costco code and 30 off for a rate of $118 all in, and the extra driver for Jan 23-31st.

And yup, the rates change daily a bit, so it does help to keep looking.

just returned, got a GREAT Hotwire deal on a midsize with Hertz- would do it again in a heartbeat! shuttle to place was fast, used kiosk,got car- very easy- the rate was 220.00 with ALL FEES AND TAXES for 2 weeks! Hertz was great,and a good deal- highly recommend

Looking to rent a mini van from 2/13-2/20, not the most ideal time cost wise. The best price I've come across is from Avis $769.78, anyone have anything better?

Looking to rent a mini van from 2/13-2/20, not the most ideal time cost wise. The best price I've come across is from Avis $769.78, anyone have anything better?

I'm just new to the site, but I think you can do alot better.

Try Budget with code X474200 & coupon MUGZ009 and see what you get. I bet it will alot less than $769.78...

My midsized rental for next week dropped $1.40 to $123.80. That will help with tolls. Alamo with the $30 off and the AP holder code.

Alamo rates are down again.

$144 for 10 days + 2 hours
Jan. 28th - Feb. 7th
Standard car (which I understand should be Full Size row)
Pick-up TPA/Drop off at MCO

Wal-mart code: 430710 (includes free additional driver)
$30 e-coupon: AD2123JMC

Now I need to decide if I want this reservation or take a chance on the Emerald Aisle at $10 more. I guess we'll see if the rates drop any lower too before we leave. Still 9 days to go.

Alamo rates are down again.

$144 for 10 days + 2 hours
Jan. 28th - Feb. 7th
Standard car (which I understand should be Full Size row)
Pick-up TPA/Drop off at MCO

Wal-mart code: 430710 (includes free additional driver)
$30 e-coupon: AD2123JMC

Now I need to decide if I want this reservation or take a chance on the Emerald Aisle at $10 more. I guess we'll see if the rates drop any lower too before we leave. Still 9 days to go.

I think that your rate might be even lower if you use the contract ID SUNPROMO with the $30 ecoupon you list above.

I just happened upon this code today on the Alamo website.

I think that your rate might be even lower if you use the contract ID SUNPROMO with the $30 ecoupon you list above.

I just happened upon this code today on the Alamo website.

Thanks it is a few dollars lower. Of note it doesn't appear to include the free additional driver. We don't really need it so it doesn't bother me.

I also found on another forum a $40 off coupon for BJ's. Do you need to be a member there as I'm not. If you used the Kiosk with "Save Time" would you have to show proof of membership? I would print out the coupon as found here:

http://travel.bjs.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJs_Alamo.pdf

Thanks it is a few dollars lower. Of note it doesn't appear to include the free additional driver. We don't really need it so it doesn't bother me.

I also found on another forum a $40 off coupon for BJ's. Do you need to be a member there as I'm not. If you used the Kiosk with "Save Time" would you have to show proof of membership? I would print out the coupon as found here:

http://travel.bjs.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJs_Alamo.pdf

I have used these coupons from Costco with Alamo and always used Kiosk to check in real quick and then go out to garage to pick vehicle. Upon exiting the garage you show your drivers licence and that's it. I have never been asked to show costco membership card or coupon. I wouldn't worry about it.

I have used these coupons from Costco with Alamo and always used Kiosk to check in real quick and then go out to garage to pick vehicle. Upon exiting the garage you show your drivers licence and that's it. I have never been asked to show costco membership card or coupon. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks Webworm. I noticed this on the coupon fine print:

"Not valid with any other discount or promotional rate, except your BJ’s discount."

Have you sucessfully used a coupon like this one with another contract ID (ie: SUNPROMO or Wal-mart) ?

And also with this type of coupon (non e-coupon) when using the Kiosk you didn't have to show the coupon at the counter or gate attendant ?

My rate goes down to $124 using SUNPROMO code and BJ's coupon.

I'm just new to the site, but I think you can do alot better.

Try Budget with code X474200 & coupon MUGZ009 and see what you get. I bet it will alot less than $769.78...

$294.80 for 6 days in March-thanks!

I was just playing around with my Alamo rentals and my 7 passenger van is now down to $203 for Jan. 30-Feb. 5. Just for the heck of it I put in the Sunpromo code on a new reservation for the same time along with a $25 off e-coupon and I was surprised that not only could I choose a 7 passenger van but an 8 passenger van as well. Back to using the Walmart code and the 8 passenger van was gone.

Just thought I'd mention that in case someone needs an 8 passenger van instead of 7. The price was about $20 higher

I was just playing around with my Alamo rentals and my 7 passenger van is now down to $203 for Jan. 30-Feb. 5. Just for the heck of it I put in the Sunpromo code on a new reservation for the same time along with a $25 off e-coupon and I was surprised that not only could I choose a 7 passenger van but an 8 passenger van as well. Back to using the Walmart code and the 8 passenger van was gone.

Just thought I'd mention that in case someone needs an 8 passenger van instead of 7. The price was about $20 higher

If you use the Costco code 7014627 and $25.00 ecoupon the total for 7 passenger van is $197.46. This includes a free additional driver and the sunpromo code does not. They have never asked for costco membership in like the many times I have rented from alamo. I just use the kiosk to checkin and then when drive out all you need to show is drivers licence.

My National rate dropped another $15 for 10 days.

Now I have Emerald Aisle for $139

This is using Continental code 5007160 and $40 coupon ND1881JDK.

or

Alamo Standard (Full Size) for $124.

What would you take ? :goodvibes

We can make do with an Int/Full Size but I like the chance of getting something nice. We're picking up in TPA which seems like there aren't as many good choices on EA as MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter