The Official January 2010 Car Rental Thread

I just checked carrentalsavers dot com and they had an Enterprise Minivan for $167/week. Jan 22 - Feb 1 and my total was $352.37. Enterprise used to be off-site, but this said they were in the terminal???

Enterprise is now in the terminal.
I believe the only major off site is now Hertz

Update, my National rental just dropped again this evening. Now paying $152 for a 10 day full size -- or larger (Executive Aisle) rental. Using the same codes as earlier, 5007160 and $40 coupon ND1881JDK. My rate is $96 before taxes and fees added. Not bad -- $9.60 per day before tax/fees. Plus I have another week to go, so more drops?? maybe.

Can someone tell me about the Costco code for Alamo? Where does it come from? Do you have to be a membe to use it? Will I need a hard copy of it?

I am leaving tomorrow for WDW and arriving on the 16th by train, taking a cab to the airport to pick up rental car...Anyhow, for a rental car from 1/16-2/1 for a standard size car I gave them the price of $11 a day and won. The car will be from Avis. Came to $316 after 16 days of rental and taxes...Not BAD!!! Originally I gave them a price of $10, it came back no. Then it came back asking to change not just the price but also a day, car type or location, and of course price too. So, I selected premium car, changed the pick up time, and price to $13. It said it would probably come back no, but I pressed to go on. It was denied. So, I went back in for one more try, went back to my original car--standard size and put in the price of $11 and it was accepted. Just thought I'd share, as it seemed pretty good....I'm leaving in 14 hours, waited to the very last minute, so I think I did good considering it all.

Update #2 :cool1:
My National reservation also went down last night ! $ 138.77 for a midsize Emerald Isle member, 1/21/10-1/29/10. Originally paying $151. Continued to use Contract code #5007160 and $40.00 discount Coupon Code ND1881JDK.
This is the best rate I've ever had for a mid size rental to Florida. :confused3 The only thing I wish is that I could get a full size car for less then what they are coming in for me, but I'm still really happy with what I've got.. Thanks again,
Jimmy

My National reservation also went down last night ! $ 138.77 for a midsize Emerald Isle member, 1/21/10-1/29/10. Originally paying $151. Continued to use Contract code #5007160 and $40.00 discount Coupon Code ND1881JDK.
This is the best rate I've ever had for a mid size rental to Florida. :confused3 The only thing I wish is that I could get a full size car for less then what they are coming in for me, but I'm still really happy with what I've got.. Thanks again,
Jimmy

Wow, that's fantastic! I was looking this morning at rates for our trip starting the 23rd, and I put in your codes and got a fantastic rate. But do I need the actual coupon and where do I find it? Thanks so much!!:goodvibes

Jimmy

Midsize with Alamo using Costco Code 7014627 and Coupon Code AD2123JMC for $30.00 off the total is $119.82

Jimmy

I'm sure you'll get lucky and pick up a full size or larger in the Aisle.

Webworm,
The best I can get with your codes is $136.25 total ? Any secrets ?? :confused3
THanks..

I'm using a 24hr day perhaps it's because you have extra hours due to pickup and drop off.

Base Rate - Midsize (USD)
(1) Time & Distance ($92.00/Week) $92.00
(1) Extra - Time & Distance ($14.15/Day) $14.15
Discount ($3.40)
Discount Coupon Accepted ($30.00)
Contract I.D. 7014627
Inclusive Rate Items
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
(1) Additional Driver Included
Unlimited Miles Included

For information on coverage products, ex:Collision Damage Waiver(CDW) click here

Subtotal $72.75
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $12.50
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 % $7.50
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $16.00
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $0.16
License Recoupment Fee .45/day $3.60
Sales Tax (6.50%) $7.31
Subtotal $47.07

You have made changes to the additional items selected. You must calculate your new total before confirming this reservation.
Calculate Estimated Total Estimated Total $119.82

Hello everyone.

I am leaning towards renting a minivan from MCO and staying off-site.

Best deal on rental is with National for 7 days in March is $496.00 taxes incl. Can someone be so kind as to help me out on a sweeter deal.

Thanks to all you veterans in advance.

Just rechecked and saved two bucks :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Alamo Jan 22-31 Compact $117 including all taxes and fees
*Costco Code 7014627 and E Coupon AD2123JMC

National Jan 22-31 Compact $119 including all taxes and fees
*code 5007160 and coupon ND1881JDK

Webworm,
I do have some Extra - Time $26.28 ? I'm picking up at 10:30 am on the 21st and drop off at4pm on the 29th. Thanks for all of your help

Hello everyone.

I am leaning towards renting a minivan (family of 6) from MCO and staying at Blue Heron on Lake Bryan.

Best deal on rental is with National for 7 days in March is $496.00 taxes incl. Can someone be so kind as to help me out on a sweeter deal.

Thanks to all you veterans in advance.

Since car rental rates depend on your specific dates which dates do you require the minivan in March?

I just got rid of this Enterprise SUV for a Premium/Luxury with Alamo for a total price of $233 using Alamo code and $25 coupon found on Mousesavers.

Cancelled the Alamo Premium for $233 - for $188 last week.
Just picked up Alamo Full size for $145 for the week.
Used walmart id and costco coupon

Total cost!!!

So, if I'm renting a minivan what's the benefit of Emerald Club? Can I bypass the counter and pick any van from the van aisle?

Or would I be better off skipping the Emerald Club and using the kiosk?

So, if I'm renting a minivan what's the benefit of Emerald Club? Can I bypass the counter and pick any van from the van aisle?

Or would I be better off skipping the Emerald Club and using the kiosk?

I just got back from a National rental (They were great...would use them again!) The advantage to us using Emerald club was that there is no charge for your spouse, or family member living in your house if you need a second driver. Hubby and I both needed to drive, so we saved a bundle on that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter