**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

I feel EXACTLY the same! I love my boys but would love to experience WDW with a little girl. Hopefully I'll have granddaughters in the very FAR FAR future. One the plus side, I don't have to spend a lot of time waiting to meet princesses so that's nice.
I'm in the same boat with my two. Yep, I just hope for granddaughters in about 20-25 years...lol.

We did our BOG lunch order last night. What is up with all of the arugula?? Yuck. My turkey sandwich will be quite naked :sad2:

My DS had 2 growth spurts this year. No shorts, t-shirts or swim trunks fit. He will not be happy with the big shopping we will be doing this weekend. Once we are done shopping we will pull the suitcases out and start packing! School is out next Wednesday and we will have a week and a half to recover and finalize.
I always buy big for my oldest so lots of his stuff from last year still fits but I had bought my boys matching stuff and the 3 year old's doesn't fit anymore. Oh well...I wasn't buying all brand new for the oldest just so they could match again this year. We do hand me downs but I still bought the 3 year old some new stuff.

Magic bands got here yesterday! The kids want decals for them but I'm not sure they would arrive in time even if i ordered them today. I'd hate to waste the money.
No DME luggage tags, I was told by Disney they were sent to my TA. She hasn't mentioned them but she also has not replied to my last email a week ago either so I'll give it a bit yet.

I've been watching packing videos and have convicned myself i need packing cubes. I also tried making some Freezer paper stencil shirts because I'm too cheap to buy shirts. We may end up with no Disney shirts haha.

Our kitchen chalkboard has a countdown on it. 19 days is so close!
Shirts are expensive. Just paid $260 for 6 shirts. Ouch but it's Disney and we have to match!

So I'm taking a girl and a boy but I think I missed the major fun age for the girly stuff. She is 8 and says she doesn't want to see princesses but I think she will be happy to meet then if we are there.

Shirts are expensive. Just paid $260 for 6 shirts. Ouch but it's Disney and we have to match!

I just can't. That is how much a desert party costs for 4!

I can never do matching shirts. My husband and oldest boy would never go for it. Lol.

I'm not sure mine will go for it either, all the more reason to DIY. If they won't wear them I didn't waste money. OR I can encourage (guilt) them to just wear them because I worked so hard. Lol! We'll see what happens

We do coordinated shirts - and sometimes matching. You can't tell in my avatar bc it was cold that morning, but we all had Star Wars shirts on (were doing the dessert party that night). We did one day of all 10 of us wearing matching shirts and it was a ton of fun! My DH is a good sport, he'll do it about half of the time. My DS is awesome and just puts on whatever I tell him :mickeyjum My DD requires all coordinating outfits every day princess:

For June, it's just DH & me, so I won't bother. I will, however, have all Disney shirts on :D My favorite is my Starbucks/Disney shirt.

We've really only got one set of completely matchy-matchy shirts, our "Home" set. Others are like the WDW 2017 shirts in two different styles, or my Moana and his Maui shirt. That said, I suspect this is the last hurrah for the shirts, and he'll be putting the kibosh on it after this trip. There's only so much one 12-year-old boy can take. :D

Now that my magic band and luggage tags have arrived I can officially start packing. First thing in the bag will be this special T-Shirt I have just to wear in Pandora.

RDA_shirt_MED.jpg

I wonder if anyone will pick up on it or not.

We are all set for our vacation in 20 days :banana:. Our MBs came the other day and all of our reservations are set, however I am desperately trying to get a Boathouse reservation at a decent time. I have been stalking the Disney Dining site for one to pop up, but since we are a party of 7, it has been a challenge.
You may have to call. It wouldn't let me do a party of 8 on the website and I had to call to get it.

We will be there June 10-24. Staying off property this year. Super excited to see all the new additions. Like others, we have avoided watching the videos of Happily Ever After.

Sorry if this gets discussed all the time-- I get to the parks on the 21st of June. Are the hours posted now accurate? If they extend, when will that be announced?

Sorry if this gets discussed all the time-- I get to the parks on the 21st of June. Are the hours posted now accurate? If they extend, when will that be announced?
Honestly it's hard to tell. They extended MK for parts of June on May 12th. They may add in some 8am openings but maybe not. It's best to go with what's there. But watch your days for any changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter