• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Has anyone tried the character breakfast meal at the resort yet? Made a reservation in Jan but want to know if it's worth the price

We had breakfast there on opening day and had a really great experience. The food was solid, the service was fantastic, the character interactions were so good, and the views are beautiful. No TIW discount now but we got a 10% DVC discount. We were able to ask for a second bread bucket so that we could all try everything.

We had dinner there the next day which I didn’t love as much. The service wasn’t good and the food was overly salted/saucy for my taste. Our bill was only a little more than breakfast, and I preferred breakfast. Still prefer Cali Grill for a dinner like that. Or Jaleo - had dinner there for the first time and it was amazing.

We had a lot of fun visiting the resort, trying out the coffee (which was good and I loved the library next to the cafe), and shopping the merchandise. We did get the 20% off AP/DVC discount in the shop. Lots of great resort specific merchandise as well as general DVC merchandise. Definitely bought more than I planned. Couldn’t resist the ombré pink DVC spirit jersey or the RIV specific Loungefly backpack, and the character plushes in their RIV outfits are adorable.

Really enjoyed RIV and glad we added on there. We don’t stay until April but it was easy to get to for a visit via gondola and I think well worth our time. I’ve never seen so many Disney vloggers in one place before (on opening day) and it was really busy around the resort that day, but much calmer the second day we went.

We had breakfast there on opening day and had a really great experience. The food was solid, the service was fantastic, the character interactions were so good, and the views are beautiful. No TIW discount now but we got a 10% DVC discount. We were able to ask for a second bread bucket so that we could all try everything.
That's great to hear. Can I ask how long your breakfast took? We have a 7:40am reservation but need to leave for another commitment at exactly 9am - I'm hoping that's long enough to get in, get fed, and meet characters!

Anyone aware of any videos/photos of dedicated two bedroom units? I've searched and haven't found anything yet. Thanks in advance!

We had dinner there the next day which I didn’t love as much. The service wasn’t good and the food was overly salted/saucy for my taste. Our bill was only a little more than breakfast, and I preferred breakfast. Still prefer Cali Grill for a dinner like that. Or Jaleo - had dinner there for the first time and it was amazing.

We had a lot of fun visiting the resort, trying out the coffee (which was good and I loved the library next to the cafe), and shopping the merchandise. We did get the 20% off AP/DVC discount in the shop. Lots of great resort specific merchandise as well as general DVC merchandise. Definitely bought more than I planned. Couldn’t resist the ombré pink DVC spirit jersey or the RIV specific Loungefly backpack, and the character plushes in their RIV outfits are adorable.

Really enjoyed RIV and glad we added on there. We don’t stay until April but it was easy to get to for a visit via gondola and I think well worth our time. I’ve never seen so many Disney vloggers in one place before (on opening day) and it was really busy around the resort that day, but much calmer the second day we went.

Any idea if you could get two entrees?

That's great to hear. Can I ask how long your breakfast took? We have a 7:40am reservation but need to leave for another commitment at exactly 9am - I'm hoping that's long enough to get in, get fed, and meet characters!
Two of us had breakfast there today at 9 AM. We left at 10, but could have been out in 45 minutes if needed.

It was an excellent experience by the way. The food and service were definitely top notch. My kids are grown and we dont usually care for characters, but I will definitely return in 2020.

Last edited:
We have 1 and 3 year olds and meals tend to take a looong time now since our 3yo takes a long time to eat and also enjoys meeting the characters multiple times. So I think we were there around 1.5 hours which is pretty standard for us right now. Pre-kids we could have easily been done in under an hour.

We didn't ask since we were really full, but it didn't seem like the kind of meal where you could. Do a lot of places allow this? I think Cali Grill brunch does but we're always too full to ask for a second entree anyway. We did get a second bread bucket and my 1 year old was allowed to order a full kids meal for free, which I didn't expect and was a nice surprise.

Last edited:
We had mentioned that we would love to try the waffles, but we didn't want that for our full meal. The waitress brought us a side of waffles with syrup, butter and apples at no additional charge. She also offered us a side of eggs, but we turned that down due to having an abundance of food (we took several pastries home, in fact).

We have 1 and 3 year olds and meals tend to take a looong time now since our 3yo takes a long time eat and also enjoys meeting the characters multiple times. So I think we were there around 1.5 hours which is pretty standard for us right now. Pre-kids we could have easily been done in under an hour.

We didn't ask since we were really full, but it didn't seem like the kind of meal where you could. Do a lot of places allow this? I think Cali Grill brunch does but we're always too full to ask for a second entree anyway. We did get a second bread bucket and my 1 year old was allowed to order a full kids meal for free, which I didn't expect and was a nice surprise.

I have read multiple reports that bon voyage breakfast allows it.

We had mentioned that we would love to try the waffles, but we didn't want that for our full meal. The waitress brought us a side of waffles with syrup, butter and apples at no additional charge. She also offered us a side of eggs, but we turned that down due to having an abundance of food (we took several pastries home, in fact).

Oh I like that idea of a side of waffles, and maybe bacon since I love bacon. I want to try the quiche. The hash sounds good but may be too spicy for me.

I asked one of the pool staff if they had a community hall and they said they did but it was under a different name. We spent a good bit of time walking around the grounds to try and find it but we never did.

I asked one of the pool staff if they had a community hall and they said they did but it was under a different name. We spent a good bit of time walking around the grounds to try and find it but we never did.
I believe they are calling it an Activity Room. I saw one of the review post pictures of it. It appeared to be smaller than the one at Boardwalk (the only one I've been in) and lacking some stuff. Though that is probably because it's new so might not have built out it's resources.

I believe they are calling it an Activity Room. I saw one of the review post pictures of it. It appeared to be smaller than the one at Boardwalk (the only one I've been in) and lacking some stuff. Though that is probably because it's new so might not have built out it's resources.

Do you remember where you saw pictures? I didn't know about this. I thought they weren't going to have a community hall-type space at this resort.

Apologies if this has been covered before. Nevertheless, now that Riviera is open, does anyone have a general sense of bus transit times from Riviera to each of the parks?

I was thinking I might find that information on Touring Plans, similar to what they have for other resorts. But, I’m guessing it’s too soon for that data to have been aggregated.

Apologies if this has been covered before. Nevertheless, now that Riviera is open, does anyone have a general sense of bus transit times from Riviera to each of the parks?

I was thinking I might find that information on Touring Plans, similar to what they have for other resorts. But, I’m guessing it’s too soon for that data to have been aggregated.
Should be similar to Caribbean Beach Resort since it sits on CBR property.

Has it been established that the Riviera doesn't share a bus route with other resorts? I'm guessing they don't, but just wanted to confirm if anyone knows. I can't figure out who they would share with - I can't imagine a "deluxe" DVC resort would share with Caribbean Beach and hop around to all its stops, and I can't see how it would share with another resort that isn't nearby, but it seems to be a pretty small resort for dedicated buses as well.

Has it been established that the Riviera doesn't share a bus route with other resorts? I'm guessing they don't, but just wanted to confirm if anyone knows. I can't figure out who they would share with - I can't imagine a "deluxe" DVC resort would share with Caribbean Beach and hop around to all its stops, and I can't see how it would share with another resort that isn't nearby, but it seems to be a pretty small resort for dedicated buses as well.
I saw somewhere - the DIS or maybe FB (and we all know we should believe everything we read there) that RIV has its own bus.

There were dedicated buses for RIV when we were there this week.

We are checking into a grand villa in 2 weeks. I think I read someplace that they grand villas had Keurig machines. Can anyone confirm? Trying to figure out whether we should bring pods. . . .

Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter