The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We are checking into a grand villa in 2 weeks. I think I read someplace that they grand villas had Keurig machines. Can anyone confirm? Trying to figure out whether we should bring pods. . . .

Thanks in advance.

If you watch Pete’s Tour video he shows the Keurig in his Grand Villa.

So will this thread become the Riviera resort thread now that it is open?

Sure, I love that!

The price is very much in line with other character breakfasts at Disney World.

Trattoria al Forno's Breakfast is probably the closest to what they're doing here and that's $44. Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Tusker House, Ohana, The Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe are all $41. 1900 Park Fare is $44. Akershus is $52. Chef Mickey's is $59. Then you have Cinderella's Royal Table at $62 for breakfast (but that includes tip).

Unfortunately, the character breakfasts at Disney World are just really expensive and cost between $41-$62 right now.

I'm a big fan of character meals and I know that I'll check this one out eventually, but the biggest issue for me personally is the menu. I like eating off a menu over a buffet, but I'm not an adventurous eater when I just wake up and all I really want is bacon, eggs and sausage. The pastries are a nice touch, but hopefully they add some more traditional options in the coming months. Even if they just add an option for the steak with scrambled eggs, I'd be good.

I totally hadn’t been thinking about what current character meal pricing is when I watched the review. DS10 is at the “age of not believing” so we haven’t been lately. Lol. People are really paying $60 for Chef Mickey’s?? It definitely puts the $41 in perspective, especially since people mentioned how full they were.

My wife and I enjoyed our breakfast today quite a bit and appreciated the menu. My wife had the gruyere quiche while I ordered the the sour cream waffles.

We are big eaters, but are not usually buffet fans. With the pastries, we both felt it was enough food. I would be happier if there was a non-character option at about half the price. But so it goes.

Loved the resort overall.

Did you take pics? Or post a full review? I’d love to see.

Do you remember where you saw pictures? I didn't know about this. I thought they weren't going to have a community hall-type space at this resort.

I remember Morgan and I think Fiasco saying they played something in there, maybe in the Overview video. it kinda sounded like sometimes it would function as a mini community hall but then they’d have pay activities that would take over. Or at least that’s what I took from what they said.

There were dedicated buses for RIV when we were there this week.

Did you post a full review? How was the walk to the buses? I’d love to hear all your thoughts![

I’m really positive having read through this thread. We live in the UK, and are thinking of the Riviera for a trip we’re taking in 2021, the Skyliner is a massive help because we’ll be using a mobility scooter. The buses are difficult at times, but the fact Riv has its own bus line makes it even easier when we do need to take the bus. I’m sure it’s not a resort for everyone due to a more ‘toned down’ theming style but I feel it ticks an awful lot of boxes for us

Here’s a new review. She tried a lot of different foods. Monte Cristo from Bar Riva, breakfast and dinner from Toppolino’s, Croque Monsieur from Primo Piatto and a honey almond cream topped cold brew coffee from Le Petit Cafe.

Here are some pics of the charcuterie and cheese boards and a few cocktails from Le Petit Cafe. Plus the CM uniforms are so cute. I can't wait to enjoy a snack and drink there.

Let Petit Cafe Review
RivieraResort-VoyageursLounge-FoodDrinks.jpg

I bought into Riveria in Dec. Just tried to book A vacation for June and no availability. Doesn’t DVC hold back rooms for new buyers?
If it’s your first contract they can try a welcome home booking for you. But you can’t have made any reservation or any wait lists. If you have you won’t be eligible. But yeah June is within 6 months so I expect availability to be mostly gone especially for studios.

I bought into Riveria in Dec. Just tried to book A vacation for June and no availability. Doesn’t DVC hold back rooms for new buyers?

member services will absolutely help for your first “welcome home” but you have to call. After your first trip, it’s all about availability.

If it’s your first contract they can try a welcome home booking for you. But you can’t have made any reservation or any wait lists. If you have you won’t be eligible. But yeah June is within 6 months so I expect availability to be mostly gone especially for studios.
member services will absolutely help for your first “welcome home” but you have to call. After your first trip, it’s all about availability.
For your Welcome Home visit they can pull rooms from cash inventory - that’s why you have to call. It’s not from the inventory members can see.

Anyone who has stayed here, is there any certain room requests I should make? Closer to lobby, closer to transportation? Doe it matter as much with a resort this size versus POR which is so huge and spread out?

Anyone who has stayed here, is there any certain room requests I should make? Closer to lobby, closer to transportation? Doe it matter as much with a resort this size versus POR which is so huge and spread out?

I haven’t stayed yet but it definitely won’t matter like it does at POR. As far as I understand, the East and west wings are equidistant from the bus stop but the west wing is closer to the Skyliner. Will you be in Standard or Preferred?

An official map finally! I could not find one before. So 1 laundry room on the 4th floor of the East Wing. And the 2 sets of elevators are at the beginnings of the two wings.

I’m updating the first post with all the resort info I can find but it will take me few days. If anyone is there or headed there soon and can take a pic of things people are interested in, such as the Activity Guide, I’d be super grateful!

I’d also love any view pics. I’m super curious what sections would have views of Epcot fireworks!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed here!! I’m so excited for our new Disney home!

Attachments

• C1C3FA64-EFA5-447F-8BBA-E7596BC8C2E1.jpeg
    C1C3FA64-EFA5-447F-8BBA-E7596BC8C2E1.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 78
I didn't stay at Riviera, but did get a chance to visit twice during it's inaugural week. A few observations -

- While the resort looks big when approaching, it is really a quick walk to all points around the resort. I wouldn't worry about room location based on distance to a particular amenity (Sky Liner, Topolino's) unless you have mobility issues.

- The public areas have a terrific 'smell', I assume the rooms do too. I would call it 'fresh', but it doesn't smell new. That's the best I can describe it - just know it is good.

- The SkyLiner stop does not have dedicated EV boarding at this station. Thus, it will slow or stop the whole line for wheelchairs and EV's. (All other stations have dedicated loading/unloading areas where the gondola is actually taken off the line to remain stationary).

- The lobby is cozy, but nice. It definitely felt more inviting and larger than BLT's lobby.

- And speaking of the lobby - there the hotel check-in is not formal. If you need front desk help, it is there, but most folks will likely bypass it. The bell service is on the lower level, below the lobby.

- There where a plethora of folks at the DVC desk ready to pounce. They are in the back right corner if you arrive from the main entrance (immediate left when arriving from the gondola/stairs). Averting your eyes will not stop them. If you desire avoidance, I suggest beelining to the coffee shop as you can avoid their corner with this strategy (Of course, I jest - many, many folks love to talk to DVC salespeople. I do too, I also enjoy long traffic lights in rush hour, paying my taxes, and my quinquennial colonoscopy).

- There are no electric automobile charging stations. I assumed there would be since Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge has them. Cast members don't know why as they were on the original maps. Maybe they are delayed or simply a cost cutting measure. Or maybe the fact that nobody uses them (except me) at Wilderness Lodge is a factor.

- I was at the resort when it was cold & rainy (relatively), yet, I still loved the vibe of the place. The landscaping, pools, ironwork, coffee shop, lawn games and just the general feel were all very comfortable and welcoming to me. The location between the HS and EPCOT is terrific and on par with Boardwalk for ease of access to those parks.

- Everyone was extraordinarily friendly - beyond normal Disney standards. The staff seem genuinely appreciative of the opportunity to open a high-end resort. My Topolino's server said exactly that to me and that she felt that Disney gave her a lot of responsibility and she embraced it. That seemed to be the attitude of the 12 - 18 folks I interacted with.

I am looking forward to my first stay there next fall, but will likely be back to Topolino's and Primo Piatti several times before then.

Last edited:
An official map finally! I could not find one before. So 1 laundry room on the 4th floor of the East Wing. And the 2 sets of elevators are at the beginnings of the two wings.

I’m updating the first post with all the resort info I can find but it will take me few days. If anyone is there or headed there soon and can take a pic of things people are interested in, such as the Activity Guide, I’d be super grateful!

I’d also love any view pics. I’m super curious what sections would have views of Epcot fireworks!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed here!! I’m so excited for our new Disney home!
We are checking in tomorrow and will report back!

the Murphy bed issues seem to be resolved? I read on FB someone checked in yesterday and asked about beds and was told they were all fine. Hope so!

We rode the Skyliner from HS to EP the other day and it was very enjoyable. The CMs at the Riviera stop were singing Christmas carols when we passed by

We are checking into the New Gran Destino Tower next week and then Riv in February so we can compare the two of them for everyone. I think most people just have a bad taste in their mouth due to the restrictions but I honestly don't know why you would buy points with a thought of I could sell these later. DVC is just prepaying the rooms not an investment so the restrictions don't bother us

We are checking in tomorrow and will report back!

the Murphy bed issues seem to be resolved? I read on FB someone checked in yesterday and asked about beds and was told they were all fine. Hope so!

We rode the Skyliner from HS to EP the other day and it was very enjoyable. The CMs at the Riviera stop were singing Christmas carols when we passed by
Have a wonderful time! Happy NY stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter