The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread

When I did my PI, there weren't any spots available on the traditions team when I finished but through networking I was able to transition to full time concierge immediately after my PI then , a week later, started a TA with Disney Photo Imaging in an office and technical position. You're not guaranteed a spot but if you play your cards right you can make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

With networking you can achieve great things. I currently work for corporate in CA and have worked in the P&R, Studio, and Media segments. A PI is a great stepping stone into a full time position and there is absolutely the possibility that you can be hired on in some capacity. The other work / networking you do can lead to possibilities too.

Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself, I am Arthur and would be what you would consider a non-traditional pi candidate. I am currently working on my MBA with my anticipated graduation in the Summer of 2014. Currently I am an airline pilot and on leave at the moment. I worked for Disneyland while doing my undergraduate work then went on as an assistant manger, unfortunately that was short lived to the RIF of 2001. I moved onto another theme park to continue management until I pursued my dream of aviation.
I am starting a family and ready to unpack my suitcase for good, traveling around the globe with a new born is not the lifestyle I would like. I truly miss theme park management and the Disney family.
I have submitted my résumé and cover letters for a few management pi positions as well as project management.
I just wanted to say hi and see how everybody is moving along in the process. Congratulations to all that have been offered interviews! That is great! I applied when the window opened in August sometime and my management applications are in submission and project management in progress. I am sitting here with a baited breath...;)
I look forward to reading each of your experiences. Best of luck!!

I applied for a bunch of PIs and have my screening interview this Thursday!! Good luck to all of you applying :wizard:

Good luck! I only applied to three so far - afraid to apply to too many but last year I applied to 7 and had a screening interview plus 2 follow up interviews so maybe I will research the PI's for ones that fit what I've applied for so far (mostly Marketing PI's).

Can't wait to hear how your screening interview went! Is this your first time applying?

Hey everybody! Just received email for initial phone screen for PI positions. A bit nervous but very excited. Looking for some pixie dust... Best of luck to all that are applying and going through this process. Looking forward to reading about everybody's experiences.

I have the number of GSF cards I got on my CPs on my resume but since they look at my record card should I keep it or is it unnecessary? Also I extended my program in the same role and location so I have it down as Aug-May which seemed to confuse the person interviewing for my CP.. but it looks much cleaner so it's not a big deal is it?
I'm just trying to make my resume perfect before I do anything :D

Good luck! I only applied to three so far - afraid to apply to too many but last year I applied to 7 and had a screening interview plus 2 follow up interviews so maybe I will research the PI's for ones that fit what I've applied for so far (mostly Marketing PI's).

Can't wait to hear how your screening interview went! Is this your first time applying?

It is my first time applying! I did my screening interview today and it couldn't have gone better. I felt surrounded by pixie dust :wizard:

I applied to a mixture of HR, marketing and sales jobs! Now I get to sit and wait for a month or so!! :)

Hi all,

I am also what you could consider as a non-traditional PI hopeful. My name is Tia and I have been working for a university for 10 years immediately after finishing undergrad. I had no idea about Disney internships, but - at that time- I also had no idea what my career direction would be. It has taken me 10 years to get here, but I am finishing a masters degree in April next year and have high interest in business development. My situation is a little different because I am married and would be moving with my husband to Florida if I do get the chance to be a Disney PI.

There were only 3 PI opportunities for Spring 2014 in my field of interest, so I applied to them all. I saw several other PI opportunities that align with my current job - could apply for those, but did not want to seem desperate to the screeners!!! Two of the applications are still in "submission" stage, but one of them went from submission to "in progress" on the same day that I applied. I am wondering if that is a good sign or if I shouldn't get my hopes up. I am trying not to be anxious about it - I know the closing date for these positions is Oct. 2nd, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard from a department before the closing date? Also, I'd like to know what internships other people are hoping to land - if you choose to share.

Thanks and good luck to all!

Hi all,

I am also what you could consider as a non-traditional PI hopeful. My name is Tia and I have been working for a university for 10 years immediately after finishing undergrad. I had no idea about Disney internships, but - at that time- I also had no idea what my career direction would be. It has taken me 10 years to get here, but I am finishing a masters degree in April next year and have high interest in business development. My situation is a little different because I am married and would be moving with my husband to Florida if I do get the chance to be a Disney PI.

There were only 3 PI opportunities for Spring 2014 in my field of interest, so I applied to them all. I saw several other PI opportunities that align with my current job - could apply for those, but did not want to seem desperate to the screeners!!! Two of the applications are still in "submission" stage, but one of them went from submission to "in progress" on the same day that I applied. I am wondering if that is a good sign or if I shouldn't get my hopes up. I am trying not to be anxious about it - I know the closing date for these positions is Oct. 2nd, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard from a department before the closing date? Also, I'd like to know what internships other people are hoping to land - if you choose to share.

Thanks and good luck to all!

During my screening interview the recruiter said it was actually good that I applied for so many jobs that I was qualified for as it gives both Disney and I many options going forward. If you're qualified for a position and you're interested I would apply.

Hi Everyone:wave2:,

I applied for 3 Animal Program internships. I am still in submission and very nervous/excited to see what happens next. How long was everyone in the submission stage? Good luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone:wave2:, I applied for 3 Animal Program internships. I am still in submission and very nervous/excited to see what happens next. How long was everyone in the submission stage? Good luck to everyone!

I was in submission for about 10 months. 4 months of that were after I started.

Postings closed yesterday right? That means your clock just started. Nobody was looking at your posting in Hr until after the closing. Figure a month or two for HR to screen. Then and maybe then someone on the hiring team will get to see your resume.

Hello all, I'm first timer!! I've received my first phone interview invitation today, which is a week after I've submitted my PI application. I have the interview tomorrow and I'd like to know how the process is like. How many rounds of interviews are there for PI positions? Thanks, you all. Hope our dreams will come true!

So yesterday I got an email asking me to fill out an "Application DWSS Pro Intern FL." It was basically asking about my eligibility to work in the US, if I had any criminal charges against me and if I'd submit to a background check/finger printing. It seems some others on the Facebook group have received this as well. Hoping to hear back from Disney again soon :D

Hey guys! I'm a first timer to this forum. I am so excited and proud to say that I received my offer the other day for the Disney PI in Finance and Accounting! The process was surprisingly fast for me. I believe this was because they were having on campus interviews at my University. Overall the 3 interviews spanned nearly 2 weeks, and I heard back from them a few days after my last interview. In regards to the previous person who posted about the form they e-mailed you asking to submit, I think that's good news! I got that form 2 days before I got the call from HR congratulating me on being accepted, so here's hoping the same goes for you! I submitted my housing reservation, as I will be driving up from Miami and don't really know the orlando area too well. But if any of y'all are looking for roommates for relatively the same price as what I'd be paying at Falcon Square, let me know! I'd prefer to have my own room anyway lol.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Has anyone else out there filled out the "Application DWSS Pro Intern FL."?

I'm wondering how long it takes to hear anything after you submit it.

I hope it's a good thing like sigxmike said.

Any other info anyone could provide would be really appreciated!

I just filled mine in! Super excited to get it, since I didn't make it to that point last time around. Just wondering if you're able to see which PI you got it for? A lot of people on the facebook group can see on their dashboard which position sent it to them, but I'm not seeing it on my dashboard?

Congrats everyone for getting accepted! I hope you will share your experiences with all of us!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the boards but not new to the professional internship application process. This is my third attempt at getting a management professional internship and so far it has gone well.

I had my second interview yesterday afternoon with two leads from WDW. It went well (at least I hope it did) but I wonder what the next step is going to be? Any advice???

Filled out my background check authorization form and received a call that afternoon for a phone interview. 3 days later I had my phone interview (second one, technically, as I passed the screener one). I don't think I did badly, but not as well as I did for my last PI. My friends tell me I probably did fine and am just reading way too much into things.

I suppose the good news is, even if I didn't make this one Dashboard still shows me as In Progress for 3 other PIs. Assuming Dashboard is accurate, anyhow…

Filled out my background check authorization form and received a call that afternoon for a phone interview. 3 days later I had my phone interview (second one, technically, as I passed the screener one). I don't think I did badly, but not as well as I did for my last PI. My friends tell me I probably did fine and am just reading way too much into things. I suppose the good news is, even if I didn't make this one Dashboard still shows me as In Progress for 3 other PIs. Assuming Dashboard is accurate, anyhow…

That's an assumption I would never make heh.

Was contacted to set up second interviews for TWO internships yesterday. Very excited and I hope they go well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter