The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Hey everyone I know you all are excited but it’s best practice to NOT post your room number on the internet until after you’ve checked out. Even if you trust the strangers here, anyone can find this thread on the Google dot com machine.

Hey everyone I know you all are excited but it’s best practice to NOT post your room number on the internet until after you’ve checked out. Even if you trust the strangers here, anyone can find this thread on the Google dot com machine.
Why does it matter? I mean, it's a hotel filled with rooms, filled with people. If someone is going to break in to a room or harass a room guest, why would they be more or less inclined to pick your room? I don't see why the fact that, out of 300 rooms, #1235 is occupied by a nameless, faceless, DVC forum member who goes by the screen name CastAStone, would make you any more or less a target (unless they specifically know you and that presents a bigger, more personal issue, and not knowing your specific room number isn’t going to change matters any).

Last edited:
It's best to minimize the odds of a stranger showing up at your room while you're there (with the intent of you, specifically you, being there). They may think they 'know you', or...wide range of intentions are possible.
See my expanded response.

See my expanded response.
I've updated mine as well 😅

You're right the risk isn't about random encounters. It's somebody specifically targeting another person.

It's very unlikely (but possible) they're targeting ForumMember123 because of some bad take on this forum. More likely scenarios: someone from their past; a significant encounter elsewhere (and that, we'll call them a stalker, now tracks ForumMember123's online presence everywhere); or even just a photo posted on social media can create a scenario where they now have someone who wants to 'meet' them.

Anyway, onto happier discussions!

I've updated mine as well 😅

You're right the risk isn't about random encounters. It's somebody specifically targeting another person.

It's very unlikely (but possible) they're targeting ForumMember123 because of some bad take on this forum. More likely scenarios: someone from their past; a significant encounter elsewhere (and that, we'll call them a stalker, now tracks ForumMember123's online presence everywhere); or even just a photo posted on social media can create a scenario where they now have someone who wants to 'meet' them.

Anyway, onto happier discussions!
I completely understand, but at some point, you'd have to stop just about all comments on any travel discussion board that even remotely suggested where you were going, and even the general week you planned to travel. In the end, all someone has to do is sit in the lobby...and wait.

No more "We'll be at BRV between Christmas and New Years and can't wait to see the decorations".

I agree though, back to happier discussions.

Duo studios are going to be very popular, then!

Do you hear any road noise from the balcony or pool area? Thanks for all your posts, we're learning so much through your experience
When outside on balcony won’t really notice traffic unless something louder like a truck or modified exhaust passes. Pool with the sound track, cuts that noise out pretty well. Now there is a Disney access road running between the back wall of VDH property and the perimeter fence along the road. Will hear at times that traffic..trucks…back up alarms..etc. Overall, traffic noise not bad at all.IMG_1206.jpegIMG_1208.jpegIMG_1209.jpegIMG_1210.jpeg

Hiding behind “Wedgeout” is me..Paul. With Wife Gloria. This weekend is all about member excitement and the Dis family here for the amazing new DVC grand opening location. We not popular enough yet for paparazzi or stalkers. Just hoping the info helps those planning or wishing to stay here..or about to buy in!

In case wondering. Yes here at VDH the Duo Studios even have the real stuff!…fancy. No paper here.View attachment 797876
I used the keurig to make tea cuz I wanted to use the real tea cups. Had to locate an outlet for the keurig because there wasn’t one yet where they placed the keurig. Afterwards also realize no dish detergent/sponge or paper towels in the duo. 🤪

I used the keurig to make tea cuz I wanted to use the real tea cups. Had to locate an outlet for the keurig because there wasn’t one yet where they placed the keurig. Afterwards also realize no dish detergent/sponge or paper towels in the duo. 🤪
Wow! I’m seeing that now. No detergent, paper towels or sponge either. Had the plugs though. 😂

Hiding behind “Wedgeout” is me..Paul. With Wife Gloria. This weekend is all about member excitement and the Dis family here for the amazing new DVC grand opening location. We not popular enough yet for paparazzi or stalkers. Just hoping the info helps those planning or wishing to stay here..or about to buy in!
Hi Gloria!

From looking at the floor plans, POS, and exterior photos:
  • Floor 1:
    • 2 Garden Duos with patios
    • 1 Standard Duo, no patio
  • Floor 2:
    • 2 Garden Duos with balconies
    • 1 Standard Duo, no balcony
  • Floor 3:
    • 1 Preferred Duo, with balcony
    • 1 Standard Duo with balcony
  • Floor 4:
  • Floor 5:
  • Floor 6:
  • Floor 7:
  • Floor 8:
  • Floor 9:
    • 2 Preferred Duos, no balcony
  • Floor 10:
  • Floor 11:
  • Floor 12:
    • 1 Standard Duo no balcony

All added up:
  • Garden Duos:
    • 4 with balcony/patio
    • 0 without
  • Preferred Duos:
    • 9 with balcony
    • 8 without (all adjacent to the GVs)
  • Standard Duos:
    • 9 with balcony
    • 6 without (all facing the street, too)
Also 2 deluxe garden studios on floors 1 and 2 yes?

It appears that
Even floors are Tiana studios
Odd floors are Sleeping Beauty studios
Let’s see if that’s universally true as people post :)
I haven't even stayed at VDH yet, but I'm wondering if they'll change this at hard good refurbs. Could be a fun little change every 14 years or so.

If there are exceptions to even/odd rules, I'd think all Studios that are part of Lock-Offs would be Tiana, as I think all 1BR art has shown they're Tiana themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter