The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Yes, they own enough to change the zoning they want, but I would assume they just want to get as much as possible before they build a park or anything substantial, because as soon as they announce it, the price doubles around them.

151.?
1515. I fixed the typo.

Yea, they have many options over there in Toy Story... they can build a decent sized park with what they already own, or even better if they can get possession of any of the outer properties.

These 2 videos show many different possibilities. (the whole playlist is great, but these 2 are mainly about Toy Story & Gardenwalk)

Ok, came across some new to me visuals. I had always thought that the expansion was around the VDH/DLH area. Seeing this new diagram for something between Haster, Katella, and Harbor Blvd. Catching up on the Harbor Blvd area. Again all dreaming pie in the sky stuff but interesting.

Also interesting to see how far the park has come since 1990 with Disneyland Parking now California Adventures.

1706195394146.png
1706195428673.png
1706195450568.png

Yea, they have many options over there in Toy Story... they can build a decent sized park with what they already own, or even better if they can get possession of any of the outer properties.

These 2 videos show many different possibilities. (the whole playlist is great, but these 2 are mainly about Toy Story & Gardenwalk)

Ok, came across some new to me visuals. I had always thought that the expansion was around the VDH/DLH area. Seeing this new diagram for something between Haster, Katella, and Harbor Blvd. Catching up on the Harbor Blvd area. Again all dreaming pie in the sky stuff but interesting.

Also interesting to see how far the park has come since 1990 with Disneyland Parking now California Adventures.

View attachment 828531
View attachment 828532
View attachment 828533

Yes the expansion to the west is a very cool part of DF, but the east side and possibly 3rd park is definitely interesting too!!
Have you watched any of the videos in the DisneylandForward playlist?
If not, start at the beginning, there are about 7 total to date.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9vdBkUWCwJ48LgsW8BEVXU2r55Zz3YWG&si=7iXueqDkHnIxKVUP

Yes the expansion to the west is a very cool part of DF, but the east side and possibly 3rd park is definitely interesting too!!
Have you watched any of the videos in the DisneylandForward playlist?
If not, start at the beginning, there are about 7 total to date.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9vdBkUWCwJ48LgsW8BEVXU2r55Zz3YWG&si=7iXueqDkHnIxKVUP
Yes I've seen those from Brekie (sp). Very thorough and he does a good job of walking around and visually overlaying what he thinks is possible.

All of this Disneyland Forward news/hype makes me very glad I gave in and got some VDH points :) With the tentative parking structure plans I think they are likely to have both VDH and VGC people park on the ground floor(s) of what is now the Mickey and Friends structure and perhaps they will have carts to takes us too and from the resorts?

All of this Disneyland Forward news/hype makes me very glad I gave in and got some VDH points :) With the tentative parking structure plans I think they are likely to have both VDH and VGC people park on the ground floor(s) of what is now the Mickey and Friends structure and perhaps they will have carts to takes us too and from the resorts?
I realize concept art is merely a suggestion of what may happen, but in the Disneyland Forward art, it appears that the Pixar Place hotel parking structure would be expanded. Also, it looks like the Disneyland Hotel convention space is replaced with a freestanding garage.
disneyland-forward-california-theme-park-expansion-c-Disney.jpg

For comparison:
pp_parking.png
dlh_parking.png

Attachments

• dlh_parking.png
    dlh_parking.png
    888.6 KB · Views: 3
  • dlh_parking.jpg
    dlh_parking.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1
  • pp_parking.jpg
    pp_parking.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2
  • disneyland-forward-california-theme-park-expansion-c-Disney.jpg
    disneyland-forward-california-theme-park-expansion-c-Disney.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 4
Sure having the TOT is frowned upon but the three nights Friday-Monday garden duo was $150.12 out the door. Still a pretty good savings plan. A bill with $0 is always fun on trips but knowing I’m not seeing anything for the parking is the best savings over booking a cash deal. They were giving many tours during our stay.

Sure having the TOT is frowned upon but the three nights Friday-Monday garden duo was $150.12 out the door. Still a pretty good savings plan. A bill with $0 is always fun on trips but knowing I’m not seeing anything for the parking is the best savings over booking a cash deal. They were giving many tours during our stay.
I was over at the Grand for the weekend and my first reaction when I entered my room was I wished I was over at Discovery Tower. The room just looked so run down and tired. The fan was making some weird clicking sound when on that there was no way I can leave it on. Luckily it was cold enough that I didn’t need the a/c. My TV also also missing like 1 inch of the screen on the right size. At first I thought it was some aspect ratio thing but nope, that part of the tv was dead. I eventually reminded myself of all the good stuff, theme park view from my balcony, easy access to the parks.. the lobby. And I only discovered Hearthstone Lounge this trip. I had the best time chatting with random Disney adults at that bar. I wanted to do Palm Breeze but the weather was just too cold for me. In the end I loved my stay overall and will be looking forward to the refurb.

Oh and I did chat with my guide and he says VDH is selling well. When I did the Disneyland Hotel tour (which was AMAZING) I was raving about the villas to this couple and so they went to take a tour of Discovery Tower. 😅 On the tour I learned the garden rooms were a homage to the original 8 rooms when Disneyland Hotel first opened. Whoever haven’t done the tour should try to make time for it! We got to see the inside of the Thunder Mountain Suite and the Blue Sky suite. It just made me love that I own a piece of Disneyland Hotel.

For anyone visiting right now, how is she holding up? I found the flood risk disclosure part of our contracts interesting, so it's only fitting that California is getting his by massive amounts of rain.

Just got back from a stay in 0437. For the most part, we loved it and the view of the pallette pool was so cool. I had a few gripes about the room -- it really bugged me that the rainfall showerhead and the handheld could not be run at the same time. We never have this problem at GCH/GCV. Also, as fresh as the rooms were, it felt a bit stale somehow and definitely less luxurious than the furnishings at the Grand. Even though the theming there isn't in your face either, it somehow feels like a more cohesive theme with the building and setting. I don't know, maybe I'm splitting hairs. VDH is lovely still!

Heading to VDH tonight. (Happy dance!!!) Does anyone know how many standard deluxe rooms have a bath tub? I made a request but want to know what my chances are. I read one post stating they had a bath tub so hoping to be one of the lucky ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter