*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Any advice on how I could purchase one of the 2023 GF gingerbread ornaments? We just became owners and thought it would be a cute memory. So I ordered one off eBay but the seller is unresponsive and hasn't shipped the ornament in over two weeks. I gather it's only sold in person at the resort?

Just wanted to add a review of our room! We stayed three nights in a HA 1-bedroom, 1526. Somehow we keep getting put in HA rooms even though we do not require them. Anyway, the room was clean and well-appointed. Everything was about the same as a non-HA 1-bedroom except for the bathroom layout. It had a tub/shower combo in place of the walk-in shower and no soaking tub. The bedroom closet was also accessed through the bathroom as opposed to the bedroom, which kind of squashed our plans to put my son's pack n play in the closet (he did great regardless). I believe the bed in the bedroom is lower (it doesn't fit suitcases underneath) but the Murphy bed in the living room was standard. The room itself is just off the main vestibule on the fifth floor of the Villas building, and there was a towel cart outside our door the whole time.

I don't have a lot of other details, just wanted to share this brief overview for posterity and in case anyone wants some info on this room in the future!

Just wanted to add a review of our room! We stayed three nights in a HA 1-bedroom, 1526. Somehow we keep getting put in HA rooms even though we do not require them. Anyway, the room was clean and well-appointed. Everything was about the same as a non-HA 1-bedroom except for the bathroom layout. It had a tub/shower combo in place of the walk-in shower and no soaking tub. The bedroom closet was also accessed through the bathroom as opposed to the bedroom, which kind of squashed our plans to put my son's pack n play in the closet (he did great regardless). I believe the bed in the bedroom is lower (it doesn't fit suitcases underneath) but the Murphy bed in the living room was standard. The room itself is just off the main vestibule on the fifth floor of the Villas building, and there was a towel cart outside our door the whole time.

I don't have a lot of other details, just wanted to share this brief overview for posterity and in case anyone wants some info on this room in the future!
Glad it worked out with your son!

Were you there after Thanksgiving? Were the monorail lines long?

I’m wondering if you want the separate tub/ shower set-up, if it’s worth requesting a non-HA room.

I’m wondering if you want the separate tub/ shower set-up, if it’s worth requesting a non-HA room.
We were there 11/27-30, so yes after Thanksgiving! We took the monorail to MK around 8:45am Tuesday morning and the line had maybe 10 parties in it, but we got on the first monorail to come by without issue. We also used the monorail to get to Epcot from GF that day around 5:30pm and didn’t have an issue getting on (I think the line was even shorter?). It could have just been our timing. The returns from Epcot were crowded but we always got on the first monorail to arrive.

I was concerned about the monorail being crowded, but the week after Thanksgiving apparently is low enough crowds that it wasn’t an issue for us. We had such a great time we hope to return the same time next year!

Roof Work Continues, Construction Walls Moved Back at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

1701640539781.jpeg

1701640577354.jpeg

1701640603291.jpeg

1701640634313.jpeg

I believe the shorter the stay the more likely to be given an HA room if they have not been booked by someone for that purpose. That's what we seem to have encountered anyway at the resorts including VGF. The only time I've booked a LV studio it was for one night and I was assigned an HA room. My niece was assigned an HA standard studio when they were only staying for the weekend.

Personally I feel there's too many reports of people requesting that and being assigned an HA room. I think the assignors often glance at the requests and see the HA part vs non-HA.
Odds are to not be assigned to them if you haven't booked them but they are part of inventory.

I believe the shorter the stay the more likely to be given an HA room if they have not been booked by someone for that purpose. That's what we seem to have encountered anyway at the resorts including VGF. The only time I've booked a LV studio it was for one night and I was assigned an HA room. My niece was assigned an HA standard studio when they were only staying for the weekend.

Personally I feel there's too many reports of people requesting that and being assigned an HA room. I think the assignors often glance at the requests and see the HA part vs non-HA.
Odds are to not be assigned to them if you haven't booked them but they are part of inventory.
I was wondering the same thing - it seems that those who specifically request non-HA rooms are being assigned them (likely due to a misunderstanding with request). My strategy next trip is going to be to not mention HA in any way on my request.

I was wondering the same thing - it seems that those who specifically request non-HA rooms are being assigned them (likely due to a misunderstanding with request). My strategy next trip is going to be to not mention HA in any way on my request.
Or try asking for a tub. AFAIK, all the HA studios have walk in showers.

Or try asking for a tub. AFAIK, all the HA studios have walk in showers.
I had thought the same, but am hearing that some HA have a tub/shower combo instead of a split bathroom with a soaking tub and separate shower - as the poster above noted. ?

How far is the walk to the boat dock from the original villa building? Do strollers have to be folded on the boat? I’m planning my transportation backup plan if it’s a busy period for the monorail. Thanks!

How far is the walk to the boat dock from the original villa building? Do strollers have to be folded on the boat? I’m planning my transportation backup plan if it’s a busy period for the monorail. Thanks!
The boat dock was a few minutes of a longer walk, but it felt easier because we didn't have to traverse elevators and indoor spaces with our stroller. Strollers do have to be folded up to get on the boat, even small travel sized ones. I can't speak for how long the wait is from GF because we used the boat to return from MK and it arrived as we pulled up.

The boat dock was a few minutes of a longer walk, but it felt easier because we didn't have to traverse elevators and indoor spaces with our stroller. Strollers do have to be folded up to get on the boat, even small travel sized ones. I can't speak for how long the wait is from GF because we used the boat to return from MK and it arrived as we pulled up.
We don’t travel w/ strollers, & I haven’t paid attention but you may be able to wheel them onto the bigger boats like you can wheel on ECVs & you need to fold them for the smaller boats.
It’s further than the walk to the lobby, maybe about the same as the walk to the bus stops 🤷‍♀️. The boats run GF to Poly to MK to GF. The ride isn’t long, even w/ the Poly stop on the way to the MK - although the monorail ride to the MK is really quick since the MK is the next stop. The wait for a boat is shorter than waiting for buses, but longer than waiting for the resort monorail (assuming no long line to board the monorail) IME.

Any advice on how I could purchase one of the 2023 GF gingerbread ornaments? We just became owners and thought it would be a cute memory. So I ordered one off eBay but the seller is unresponsive and hasn't shipped the ornament in over two weeks. I gather it's only sold in person at the resort?
I went to grab one yesterday and they said they’ve been sold out for a little while now but might restock them :( I tired a few other places around property but I’m pretty sure it’s only said at the individual resorts. Maybe the pin shop in DS but I’m not positive. Hopefully you’ll get yours from eBay that might be my only solution too lol

Requesting a non-ADA room solved our issues. We were put in an ADA room at Floridian, which is an issue because of the lack of soaking tub. After that I always ask for a non-HA room.

I went to grab one yesterday and they said they’ve been sold out for a little while now but might restock them :( I tired a few other places around property but I’m pretty sure it’s only said at the individual resorts. Maybe the pin shop in DS but I’m not positive. Hopefully you’ll get yours from eBay that might be my only solution too lol
Any thoughts on construction?

Any thoughts on construction?
I wish I was more helpful but I only visited by monorail this time and didn’t really pay attention to the exterior construction.

I’ll say this though, I was there for a week at the end of October and although it was noticeable around the main building, it wasn’t too bad. And I’ve heard from a few more walls have come down and cleared up since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter