The only info on Howl-O-Scream on the net!!

JacksBack!!

Mouseketeer
Either Busch Gardens has no idea on how to advertise an event, or they want to keep the whole event a secret. Well Howl-O-Scream starts tomarrow night, and the only info on the event on the entire internet, is one little paragraph from the Bay life section in the Tampa Tribune. Thats it WOW!! If you would go to Busch Gardens web site you would have no idea that this event even exsits. Theres no mention of the event except you can get a job to work it. WOW again! Now compair these amatures to Universal. Universal has a dozen Billboards all over orlando. Comercials all over the TV. Tie ins with Coke and Taco Bell to get 10 dollars off the event. News Paper print adds, Radio adds, The events whole freaking website (halloweenhorrornights.com), and numerous Fan sites on the net. And when Horror Nights Opens next Friday there will be a feature story in the Orlando Sentinals Friday Extra taking up two pages, and stories in papers around the United States. Plus there will be news casters, and radio stations brodcasting live from the event on opping night.

And With all that Howl-O-Scream has this one add in the Tampa Tribune that says

Howl-O-Scream"

Busch Gardens stages its annual ""Howl-O-Scream'' event. Highlights include costumes, music, five haunted houses (Escape from Insanity, Curse of Tut's Tomb, Screaming Reality, Creeper's Crypt and Night Stalker in 3-D). Dates are Sept. 28-29, Oct. 5-6, 12-13, 18-20, 25-28 and Oct. 31; times are 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Wednesdays; 7:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. Thursdays and Sundays; cq for all dates; $34.95 (plus tax); some discounts available (call for information);. Busch Gardens, 3000 E. Busch Blvd., Tampa; 1-888-800-5447.

WOOOW! For the third time! Wow ever is in charge of Busch Gardens marketing department should be fired right now. And if Busch wants to hire some Universal marketing people they will be very busy this Thursday Night because they will be giving guided tours of the event to the media for Media Day. Busch Gardens your pathetic.

Even the billboards around town are blank, just two big menacing green and red eyes glaring at you against a black background. I only know it is their billboards due to the fact that the "eyes" match the info they have sent to Annual Passholders.
What a joke!
If it is unsuccessful, it is no-ones fault other than inept marketing.
HAVE FUN

Just four hours after writting this article, Busch Gardens puts up its Website Finally, and I Finally saw a commercial for the event on TV that ends with a rip off of HHN Eddie's ICU eyes looking at you. Also at Wendy's they are giving away 10 dollar off coupons for Howl-O-Scream.

This show called Rip TV at Howl-O-scream, should be called Rip Off TV, because it is clearly a rip off of the Bill and Ted Show. I guess Busch Gardens studied last years Horror Nights, and riped off the whole event.

Rip TV
Take today's hottest music celebrities and the wildest host alive (or is he?), knock 'em and rock 'em and BAM!, you've got RIP-TV - the underworld's hippest and most demented cable channel. Offering musical performances unlike anything ever seen before, this glitzy and gory television stage show includes special drop-ins by what appear to be Ricky Martin, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears and others.

.....but let's remember Universal really did nothing innovative with the Bill and Ted's show. Sure the show is incredible, but Knotts has been doing The Hanging show for many more years, and Bill and Ted's is clearly styled after that.

Jim

I went to Howl-O-Scream last year and the event seemed like a wannabe HHN. It was fun to ride the coasters in the dark, though. The wannabe status shows how popular HHN is -- it's like BGT thought that HHN is really popular and special, so they ought to put on their own special Halloween bash.

Here's my link that I typed of all the current info.

http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97009

Yes, they're not giving away the details.

But let me tell you this.

They're telling people not to bring kids. If your child is under the age of 11, then don't bring them. Why? Because they want to scare the friggen S*** out of you. This is not a kiddie ride.

They thought of changing things after the tradegy, but then decided not to based on fan polls. The people spoke up, and BGT listened, thank you. I'm ready to be scared S***less.
Bring it on, can't wait to ride roller coasters in the dark. Chainsaws, blood, freaky music, roller coaster in pitch black darkness. Bring it on. Oh, and please, turn off those trim brakes, we don't need them.

Full TR will be posted next week when I get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter