The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We went resale, it was the only way I was going to get my hubby to agree to the purchase so no member perks for us just yet. We choose AK as our home resort as it was a resort we would enjoy if we couldn't get a room elsewhere and the points/price worked out. I'd like to add on a small direct contract at another resort to give us another 11 month option and the extra benefits, but that will have to wait a bit.

Resale is definitely the way to go. I bought in to Polynesian while I was there just for 50 points just to get the card. Not sure if I could have gone as low as 25 probably should have asked. I ended up with Saratoga Springs on my resale package. It had all the 2016 points banked plus a few left from 2015, so I jumped on it. 11 more days on my Disney ROFR!

Okay, a more serious topic... maybe we can get some people to stop lurking and post!

Explain, in as many sentences as you care to use, why Disney is so important, or what Disney means, to you.

For me, Disney World is all about memories – old ones and making new ones. My first trip was with my family back in 1978 – middle of summer. It was our first ‘real’ vacation and right after high school for me. I even remember driving with my mother to the travel agency to pick up the airline tickets (Eastern Airlines) and the hotel itinerary. Only the Magic Kingdom was open at the time so we spent two days in the park and several days at other parks, Sea World, Cypress Gardens, Busch Gardens and Alligator World are the places I remember. A really wonderful time with the family. Always good memories, even if things didn’t go along as planned.

My next trip to DW wasn’t until 1994 with a friend. I had moved to California and we had gone to Disneyland a few years before and decided to go to DW. Then went back with family again in 1996. For me, it was about spending time with my family. We really enjoyed being together and all get along well. I just remember everyone’s joy at being together at DW.

My friend and I would go to DW every 2-3 years. Sometimes wished we had children to take with us so, in later years, we would ‘steal’ my brother’s kids and take them to DW. Now have husband :-) and ‘dragging’ him to DW every couple of years. He’s actually warming up to Disney and looking forward to our next trip together in December. We’re not big planners so we relax and mostly wing it in the parks. We’re never disappointed. Just making more memories. And the memories are what I love.

Heading to DW for the first time by myself on Sunday for a conference. Just planning on walking through Epcot and HS at a leisurely pace, in-between conference events. Need to remember I’m there for a conference.

Welcome to another Bostonian (I'm in the burbs but still..)! Congrats on the DVC. In the process of buying a DVC as well, can't wait to close and plan our August trip.

Yay! It's nice to see another gay person in the burbs of Boston..starting to think we're a species on the brink of extinction out here! Especially one who's a Disney lover! :)

Last edited:
Hey all. So I went down to FL for the first time in probably 25 years in January to go to Universal. I stayed on property at the bay lake tower since my friend who i was traveling with was a DVC member. The experience totally sold me and I ended up leaving a DVC member myself. Now I'm planning my first trip back to disney in 30 years in September with some friends. Hoping to meet some people, DVC member or otherwise, for friends. I'm Tony
How did you like the DVC experience?

i'm jealous.. I wish I could afford DVC.. and the trips to take advantage of it.

When the park first opened in 1971 my family and I got to attend with the E tickets and all. It was really the only vacation we went on for about a 15 year period. As an adult I found myself drawn to those childhood memories and missed the first gay days by going to the park one day early. about 2 years ago i had a heart attack and since facing my own mortality I have gone about 6 times in the last two years. Most of the time for 2 weeks at a time. This will be my 4th time staying on the property and since my first have always stayed at Coronado. This time we, my partner of 20 years, and I are at Coronado for one week and Port Orleans Riverside the second week. I'm not as old as I sound but still find myself becoming a child again when I am at Disney. Looking forward to my first Riptide and first visit during Gaydays this year.

We went resale, it was the only way I was going to get my hubby to agree to the purchase so no member perks for us just yet. We choose AK as our home resort as it was a resort we would enjoy if we couldn't get a room elsewhere and the points/price worked out. I'd like to add on a small direct contract at another resort to give us another 11 month option and the extra benefits, but that will have to wait a bit.
I just got the word back from my Broker that Disney passed on the Right of First Refusal on the second package! Officially have my Saratoga Springs package!

Our first DVC was Animal Kingdom - loved it, although it was a short trip. Looking forward to our 4 nights at BLT in April for Dark Side weekend.

I really want to go to that but don't think my DVC package will close in time. If you haven't already, definitely go to the top of the world lounge. It's a DVC only lounge on the top floor of BLT. Awesome firework viewing.

Anyone going to be in Disney Labor Day week? Going to be there with some friends at that time would be fun to make some new Disney friends.

Who wants to say hello to two people from the Netherlands ? We are 20 April at HS, 21 April at Ak, 23 April at EC 26 April at MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter