The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Me and my other half are both fans of musicals, got to see Sunset Boulevard earlier in the year, and we've got tickets for Rocky Horror in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. Although not a musical we did try and get tickets for the new Harry Potter play but after being in an online queue for 12 hours when it finally came to our turn there were no decent tickets left :(

Yeah, I was in the online queue for Cursed Child as well and it proved to be a waste of time. I am hoping that the show comes to Broadway in 2017 so I can see it closer to home.

And I bet you are quivering in antici....pation for Rocky Horror. Sounds fun!

I miss Horizons so much, though. Someday I'll be able to live under the sea... maybe... :guilty:
The thing about some of those older rides that are now gone is that they sparked my imagination. While I love Test Track, it does none of this. It's pure flash.

Same for the previous spaceship earth. I feel like they dumbed it down and it's lost it's imagination. I will always go on it as it's relaxing and I absolutely LOVE the wood burning smell after Rome. The ride stopped there once for about a minute. I was in heaven.

Horizons definitely inspired wonder in a way Test Track doesn't-- even though I love Test Track and I can't wait to do it next trip... I'd rather do Horizons.

I am really lame, I always smell BBQ when I get to Rome. Pork BBQ Ribs, to be exact. :rotfl:

EDIT: Oh my gosh, thank you all for the kind welcomes!!

Not quite how I remember Stokholm, when I was there last summer. Was there for midsommar and it was rainy and chilly. It was not until my last full day there that the sun finally came out and it warmed up. Even though it rained, I really enjoyed visiting Stockholm. Would go back to the Vasa Museum and the Abba Museum anytime!

Hi! :wave2:

I am sorry for the crazy late reply... :goodvibes

Well, in all honesty Midsummer in Sweden is a tricky one. And more often than not we discover that the steady warm temps haven't really gotten hold yet. :cold:

There have been noted that we've more than once have had the same temperature on Midsummer's Day as in the beginning of December (on a mild winter) but still... that's like in the low 50's. In June! :scared1:

When coming back aim for July/August, and you won't be disappointed. :banana:

:tinker:

When coming back aim for July/August, and you won't be disappointed

One of my friends that I went with last year went back this summer with his parents. They did go in July, after Pride though. He said the weather was much better this time than compared to last year.

I actually want to make plans to come over during winter so I can go north to see the Northern Lights. But then again, I do like the cold weather and snow. But given my newly revitalized obsession with Disney, I have a feeling most of my trips over the next couple of years may be heading to Florida or to the West Coast. If I could swing Disneyland Paris, I may consider that as well.

I have to get up super early today I HATE mornings...

Anyway I get married next year I'm gonna take his last name only because on my family side I'll be honest I'm not proud to have the last name I do...my mom and her brother are pretty much my only family members.

However, his side makes me feel like a big huge family literally my big fat Italian wedding style lol.

I'm nervous but hey what can you do - just a new adventure you know!
Congratulations! Planning a wedding can be stressful, but I'm sure you now that already. Are you both planning the wedding or just one? My husband and I got married last year and we both planned it together. Nothing tests a relationship more than 1) building IKEA furniture together, and 2) planning a wedding together. lol

Congratulations! Planning a wedding can be stressful, but I'm sure you now that already. Are you both planning the wedding or just one? My husband and I got married last year and we both planned it together. Nothing tests a relationship more than 1) building IKEA furniture together, and 2) planning a wedding together. lol

So true - I should plan a big IKEA project with anyone I would consider marrying. :scratchin

Good morning everyone!

I am back to feeling chipper-er today, after a visit to the doctor. She prescribed me antibiotics (which I really think I don't need and that they aren't going to help but I'm trying to follow dr's orders) and tessalon perles (which are AWESOME) for my cough. Apparently I have bronchitis. Whee.

Good morning everyone!

I am back to feeling chipper-er today, after a visit to the doctor.

Glad you're on the mend but sorry to hear about the bronchitis :(

Was just reading through some old threads (haven't just gotten active here in the last week or so) and saw that you're in Kentucky. I'm in Louisville - hi neighbor!

Good morning everyone!

I am back to feeling chipper-er today, after a visit to the doctor. She prescribed me antibiotics (which I really think I don't need and that they aren't going to help but I'm trying to follow dr's orders) and tessalon perles (which are AWESOME) for my cough. Apparently I have bronchitis. Whee.
Bronchitis is the worst! I'll never forget I had it once at summer camp as a kid (undiagnosed until afterwards) and they still made me go hiking. My top recommendation? DON'T GO HIKING. Get lots of rest, and don't be afraid to ask for an inhaler if you need it!

Glad you're on the mend but sorry to hear about the bronchitis :(

Was just reading through some old threads (haven't just gotten active here in the last week or so) and saw that you're in Kentucky. I'm in Louisville - hi neighbor!

Howdy! Sent you a private message :)

Bronchitis is the worst! I'll never forget I had it once at summer camp as a kid (undiagnosed until afterwards) and they still made me go hiking. My top recommendation? DON'T GO HIKING. Get lots of rest, and don't be afraid to ask for an inhaler if you need it!

Yeah, it sucks to be breathing and hear that little crackly noise. The nurse practitioner told me to be sure and keep cool, because if I got hot, I'd cough. I wanted to be like "But how can I help being hot?" (*rimshot* Thank you! Try the veal, tip your servers...)

So I think much physical exertion is going to be off the table for now. Which is probably for the best, because how sturdy are tables anyway?

What I have learned about respiratory illness is go to the doctor early. It's so much better if you don't give those viruses a chance to really settle in your lungs.

Oh, When I'm in Disneyworld this trip (11/12-11/26), it will be my birthday on 11/24 (and Thanksgiving, but that's secondary!).

I tried to get a rez at Liberty Tree Tavern, but it was booked. So I made a rez at the Mexican place inside the Mexico Pavillian (La Hacienda?). I'm bad at resturaunt names! I will be getting a birthday pin thingy that day!

Would having my travel agent put that it's my birthday make any difference at the hotel? (staying at the Garden Wing of the contemporary). Wishful thinking that they'd upgrade me to a tower room facing the MK. ;)

Inside the showcase is the San Angel Inn. La Hacienda is on the lagoon front and shares the building with La Cantina. Don't worry, it IS confusing.

The thing about some of those older rides that are now gone is that they sparked my imagination. While I love Test Track, it does none of this. It's pure flash.

Same for the previous spaceship earth. I feel like they dumbed it down and it's lost it's imagination. I will always go on it as it's relaxing and I absolutely LOVE the wood burning smell after Rome. The ride stopped there once for about a minute. I was in heaven.
I LOVE the smell of burning Rome too! I also loved the earlier version of Spaceship Earth (I still hear the song Tomorrow's Child in my head). I also miss the original Universe of Energy, with the songs written by Kasha and Moline. When it became Ellen's, I was not impressed. I still am not. The original Canada song was amazing, even though the French in it was horrible (and makes my partner, who is French Canadian, cringe). The newer version is good, but not the same feel...though the French is now good.

Oh, When I'm in Disneyworld this trip (11/12-11/26), it will be my birthday on 11/24 (and Thanksgiving, but that's secondary!).

I tried to get a rez at Liberty Tree Tavern, but it was booked. So I made a rez at the Mexican place inside the Mexico Pavillian (La Hacienda?). I'm bad at resturaunt names! I will be getting a birthday pin thingy that day!

Would having my travel agent put that it's my birthday make any difference at the hotel? (staying at the Garden Wing of the contemporary). Wishful thinking that they'd upgrade me to a tower room facing the MK. ;)
I soooo wish I could spend my birthday at WDW! I did once, but it is on March 9 and falls right at the height of Spring Break and the crowds were awful, so I am not doing that again. You're staying at the Contemporary?! I am jealous...want company? LOL

I LOVE the smell of burning Rome too! I also loved the earlier version of Spaceship Earth (I still hear the song Tomorrow's Child in my head). I also miss the original Universe of Energy, with the songs written by Kasha and Moline. When it became Ellen's, I was not impressed. I still am not. The original Canada song was amazing, even though the French in it was horrible (and makes my partner, who is French Canadian, cringe). The newer version is good, but not the same feel...though the French is now good.
Feel the flow, here we go! Through the Universe of Energy! :dancer:

Classic EPCOT Center music songs were the beeeeest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter