The Rumor Tracking Thread UPDATED 11/05/17

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by rteetz, Sep 21, 2016.

1. WDWFantasmicFan

WDWFantasmicFan Patreon Supporter

I agree, Laugh Floor would be much better in DHS. I'm not sure really what it has to do with the future, so who knows why they put it in Tomorrowland at MK!? Most definitely, most rumors I take with a pinch of salt but tend to take Jim Hill's with a fistful too! I have heard this Monsters Inc. rumor from a few other places too, as as rteetz said above, it has also been looked at before but put on the back burner.

MissGina5 likes this.
  2. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

I know it was bounced around during the blue sky phase but it sounded like it petered out since then. For the sake of us all I hope you're right

rteetz and WDWFantasmicFan like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. maltdizzy

maltdizzy DIS Veteran

I see it the opposite, because of the momentum Star Wars Land going into the 50th, as well as Pandora and other construction), they have plenty to market around until after the 50th. A pahse 3 may be nothing more than overlaying what's left of the old DHS.

rteetz likes this.
  5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

They have also have plans to spruce up MK for the 50th which will also be marketed. I'd love another land but I just don't see it happening.

6. WDWFantasmicFan

WDWFantasmicFan Patreon Supporter

Not forgetting that some of the Epcot work *should* be done by 2021 too, so i'm sure they'll be marketing the heck out of that too as part of the 50th.

MissGina5 and rteetz like this.
  7. maltdizzy

maltdizzy DIS Veteran

The longer it takes for them to announce something on Epcot, the less likely I expect to see it by 2021. Here's hoping they make some announcements at D23.

8. rteetz

We will see some WDW announcements at D23.

9. MissGina5

MissGina5 DIS Veteran

eeeeeeeeeeee I am so excited :jumping1:

10. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

Perhaps a bit off topic but will there be or is there an official thread going yet for D23 announcements and news?

BigRed98 and rteetz like this.
  11. rteetz

Not yet but there will be ;)

TheMaxRebo, BigRed98, PolyRob and 2 others like this.
  12. Capang

Capang DIS Veteran

(Mr. Burns voice) Excellent.

rteetz and MissGina5 like this.
  13. Phicinfan

Phicinfan Mouseketeer

Okay now for some juicy news from WDWMagic.com...

Martin has once again inferred that UoE WILL be GotG, so it is once again in the lead. Don't look for much more Marvel footprint in WDW. Look for more Marvel outside of WDW.
    Per Martin and a few others - this D23 will confirm alot of what we have been rumoring, but it will also bring up somethings not yet speculated. He seems to be pretty excited for what will be announced.
    No to Monstropolis to DHS - it was one of the options for phase 3 with some kind of adventure theme for phase 4 - but those went off the table when they put more money into SWE and moved to the site it is now being built on.
    So net, no real expansion to DHS once TSL, SWE and Mickey ride are complete - just some sprucing to shows?
    Epcot - it was also inferred with the GotG back in UoE, Future world will get renamed...no idea or hints of what will come.

He also inferred some info in D23 for MK, but not TL based.

14. MissGina5

MissGina5 DIS Veteran

I am at work and got the email that you posted so naturally I said "YES!" out loud

anyway my reactions
    still against GotG in UoE but even MORE SO now that it means a name change for Future World. You can't take away FutureWorld AND TomorrowLand thats messed up!
    If they change Future World to Discovery Land I like that a lot better than having a name change for tomorrowland at all tbh!

Not surprised about Monstropolis but I imagine itll be around some day.

I am interested in what MK non-TL news there could be.

I am happy to hear that marvel will larely not be involved with WDW at this time, someday it could be really cool to have a whole land but with universal there and just so many other IPs to tap into I am not feeling it!

15. Lee Matthews

Lee Matthews DIS Veteran

This is what I'd like to see, so more a wish list.

Animal Kingdom
    Everest in Animal Kingdom to close and for the Yeti to be properly fixed. Give Pandora a few months to calm and then close for refurb with the intention of it reopening before th 50th.
    Dinoland to be bulldozed and replaced with something that's worthy of Animal Kingdom. Probably well after the 50th and everywhere else is finished being worked on.

Magic Kingdom
    Haunted mansion restaurant to be real and Hatbox Ghost to be added to the ride
    Thunder mountain to get the same updates as California
    Tomorrowland to get a massive re-haul. I'd like the Tron coaster, a wreck it Ralf ride. Updates to carousel of progress.
    Buzz to get a massive clean up

Epcot
    Ratatooie in France and a Uk pavilion ride would be great. Alice would be my choice.
    Leave a legacy to be completely cleared out and a better use of the area.
    A presence from IP like UP and inside out that still ties into science.
    Mission space to go asap
    Illuminations to be updated. While nice, I find it boring now
    Marvel to stay out of Epcot

Hollywood Studios
    Tower of terror to stay as it is
    RnR to be rethemed. Gotg if they really have too lol
    Updates to fantastic
    Animation courtyard to be more of a 'classic disney' area with one mans dream moving to where launch bay is and given a real look into Walts history and re-open the ability to have hand draw character classes again.
    Indiana jones show to stay but be updated
    Star Tours to go once SWE is open. Bulldoze the land and maybe put an Indiana Jones ride like in Disneyland Paris. That area I'd like to be Indiana.
    TGMR to be reworked from the ground up but with the same format. Going through different movies in Disneys history.

16. MissGina5

MissGina5 DIS Veteran

I like all of this except closing pandora because I really don't think it needs to all be closed down for refurb just bits at a time like normal. Also U.K. Should be something other than Alice who already has a huge presence in the parks in my opinion

disneydreamer781 likes this.
  17. rteetz

I'm pretty sure he meant after the crowds calm at Pandora close Everest for a refurb not Pandora.

1lilspark and Lee Matthews like this.
  18. MissGina5

MissGina5 DIS Veteran

LOL well THAT makes a lot more sense

Flyerjab and Lee Matthews like this.
  19. Phicinfan

Phicinfan Mouseketeer

Here's an interesting tid bit..just gotten from Martin at WDWmagic.com: One reason the GotG decision has been delayed is the legalities of using them in WDW. Evidently, something has changed as they seem to be moving forward with it.....and now makes me wonder if some other negotiation with Uni has happened and what has changed....

20. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

I still wonder that once the Guardians cross over with the other Avengers in infinity war they will become blacklisted in FL as well and WDI is just realizing that tidbit

jessicag13 likes this.
  21. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

supposedly it was that it was ok if they appear in an Avengers movie as long as they never become official members (in movie or comic book) - but maybe there was some confusion and now they have clarified / lawyers are happy (e.g. paid)?

MissGina5 likes this.