The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin has suggested that Spaceship Earth will be going down sooner than originally discussed.
“If you like the Phoenicians get a ride in this year.”
Saying that it shouldn’t be down before September, possibly down before the end of the year, and will be down for a while. Refurbishment larger than the the previous few, so major work to be done.

He also mentioned the ride system is being looked at.

Last edited:
Martin has also let slip that West Innovations is probably a goner quote:"East trumps west" and later is quoted as saying the meet and greets will get placements elsewhere.

There seems to be a sudden push again by WDW to get more done, not sure what delayed things this long

Martin has suggested that Spaceship Earth will be going down sooner than originally discussed.
Saying that it shouldn’t be down before September, possibly down before the end of the year, and will be down for a while. Refurbishment larger than the the previous few, so major work to be done.

Strange to me how Disney was procrastinating with Epcot and seemingly putting things off and now all of the sudden many of the major rumors have life again. Never dull with Disney!

Strange to me how Disney was procrastinating with Epcot and seemingly putting things off and now all of the sudden many of the major rumors have life again. Never dull with Disney!
They must’ve been waiting for something and it’s happened. Perhaps the Fox deal closing? It’s great to hear some movement, Epcot really needs it. Of course we’ve also heard movement before then it all got delayed.

Wonder if they decided they want it don for the official 50th of WDW on Oct 1 2021 ... this would give them close to 2 years

To be fair, Epcot is already getting a lot of work. It's more that it just needs an awful lot more. Wonder if the Epcot hotel will get more traction again as well.
I think the earnings call is the catalyst to much of this. I imagine there was some fear that all the construction would hurt business, and I think they've found that it hasn't. For as much as it should have scared people away, the occupancy numbers don't seem to support that.

My concern is the fact he clearly states, if you like the Phoenicians, go this year - so it definitely sounds like a major revamp of content not just ride type. I hope beyond hope this won't be a major IP change
I don’t even know what IP you would tie into this attraction unless you get rid of the communication theme altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter