The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW I am fairly surprised Club Villain dates weren't announced today isn't this the time they announced it last year?

This is interesting to read. I can see this in two ways;
1) Disney doesn't want to tread too close to the line re. the Disney Universal Marvel agreement. So may be best just to keep it out.
2) They have plans for the future to buy out the Marvel agreement, and possibly make a fifth gate dedicated to Marvel properties.

Now that could just be me looking too deep (or maybe just hoping...), but its food for thought.

Other option is they don't want to confuse people by having marvel at both or get people thinking about marvel and then realize they have marvel stuff at Universal (basically, don't want to advertise for universal)

Other option is they don't want to confuse people by having marvel at both or get people thinking about marvel and then realize they have marvel stuff at Universal (basically, don't want to advertise for universal)
This is a great point. Or it could be that Disney wants to keep itself separated from Uni, and not do double duty on the Marvel characters. What is interesting though is.....they are doing Marvel.

You have Iron man overseas, by all reports you have DL getting a "Marvel" area. So they have moved in a Marvel direction. The question becomes, do they want to limit that exposure....or as stated earlier, do they NOT want to confront Uni with what Marvel they can have in WDW?

Going to be interesting to find out.

This is a great point. Or it could be that Disney wants to keep itself separated from Uni, and not do double duty on the Marvel characters. What is interesting though is.....they are doing Marvel.

You have Iron man overseas, by all reports you have DL getting a "Marvel" area. So they have moved in a Marvel direction. The question becomes, do they want to limit that exposure....or as stated earlier, do they NOT want to confront Uni with what Marvel they can have in WDW?

Going to be interesting to find out.

I think that is my thinking - until they can really settle it and either go big or not do anything that could sort of cross-promote the parks

So Martin has a few more tidbits on UoE at WDWMagic.com - the delays are both technical as well as competeing choices. Evidently UoE has a couple of scenarios for change - one being GotG roller coaster. This was also confirmed by user "Bacon" who says regardless of GotG - UoE is a gonner and something new will end up there.

So Martin has a few more tidbits on UoE at WDWMagic.com - the delays are both technical as well as competeing choices. Evidently UoE has a couple of scenarios for change - one being GotG roller coaster. This was also confirmed by user "Bacon" who says regardless of GotG - UoE is a gonner and something new will end up there.

RIP El Sueno de Ellen

Okay, even I think this is a stretch......
But Martin at WDWMagic.com has hinted at another addition happening to AK by 2027. This potentially could be an expansion of a new ride, or a redo of the Dinoland area. Nothing has been locked, nor really speculated. The only reason I am bringing it up, is he has stated it multiple times now, and has said he would be shocked if not completed before 2027.

But Martin at WDWMagic.com has hinted at another addition happening to AK by 2027. This potentially could be an expansion of a new ride, or a redo of the Dinoland area. Nothing has been locked, nor really speculated. The only reason I am bringing it up, is he has stated it multiple times now, and has said he would be shocked if not completed before 2027.

You are talking a decade out. They SHOULD redo something significant or add a significant area every decade. Amazing, it used to be a park every decade, MK in the 70s, EPCOT in the early 80s, DHS in '89?, AK in '99. Now we are "shocked" that someone is talking about adding a ride or redoing an area over a 10 year span? That should be the minimum that is being done in every park.

It's pretty hard to not do something within 10 years. I think how big they go depends on attendance post avatar.

I should also hope that in a decade we get more than Pandora as it currently stands. For one the land should expand even within 5 years! I was listening to a The Dis Unplugged podcast that mentioned the idea of having a Zootopia themed part and that would be really cool!! That could become the more "kid friendly" area and maybe we could toughen up DinoLand hahaha

So I came across a rumor today that the reason the next Star Wars Celebration convention has not been announced is because Disney is debating scrapping it altogether and just blend it into a season long Star Wars Weekends once the new SW Land opens. I hope it's not true because Disney would be stupid as hell to do that.

So I came across a rumor today that the reason the next Star Wars Celebration convention has not been announced is because Disney is debating scrapping it altogether and just blend it into a season long Star Wars Weekends once the new SW Land opens. I hope it's not true because Disney would be stupid as hell to do that.
I haven't heard that. I've heard they are just skipping next year. They have skipped years in the past.

WDWMagic.com member danlb_2000 has found two permits for retention pond work behind current UoE building, at one point, the rumor was an additional building would be added to UoE as part of the GotG plans. Not sure if this means something has finally been decided, or the fact they know they need to start this work sooner or later regardless. Still looks like some plan is starting for UoE.

I could see them making a Marvel Land at one of the parks...not sure about a fifth gate. But to do either justice, they really need the X-Men franchise and Spidey. So if there are talks in the works for those franchises, I could see them holding off. And a Marvel Land in DHS would fit well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter