The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was also hinted by Martin at WDWmagic.com that Philharmonic is looking to get some adds soon as well. At least some kind of updating.

also, one poster has stated that once some filming is complete construction on the new MK theater behind Main street will then start.
Oh God. Please tell me they aren't adding Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen.

Oh God. Please tell me they aren't adding Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen.

I love SW and Marvel, but I couldn't agree more. It doesn't belong in MK and certainly not with Mickey. I kinda get what they're doing with SWL out in CA, but I think it works so much better in DHS.

I kinda get what they're doing with SWL out in CA, but I think it works so much better in DHS.
You take that back! :p

Frozen would be fine, and a big hit. I hope they add Moana at the very least. Does it have Rapunzel or Merida yet? I can't remember.
Yeah, I can see how Frozen would fit. I'm just so tired of them doing the latest greatest IPs to death. :faint: Philharmagic was one of the places I could go to appreciate the classics.

Philharmagic hasn't been updated in a long time. No Rapunzel or Merida.

You take that back! :p

Yeah, I can see how Frozen would fit. I'm just so tired of them doing the latest greatest IPs to death. :faint: Philharmagic was one of the places I could go to appreciate the classics.

Philharmagic hasn't been updated in a long time. No Rapunzel or Merida.

I think it's fine, they have the greatest movies from the 90s represented so why not work in some from today? It's a movie so very easy to update if they want to. At one time, Aladdin and Lion King weren't classics ya know?

It was also hinted by Martin at WDWmagic.com that Philharmonic is looking to get some adds soon as well. At least some kind of updating.

also, one poster has stated that once some filming is complete construction on the new MK theater behind Main street will then start.

I would love some updates - but agree with other posters to not have Marvel or Star Wars ... though the new Disney Animated movies (Frozen, Moana, etcc) would work

What I would love is if they randomized the scenes like in Star Tours so each time you went would be a bit different

I would love some updates - but agree with other posters to not have Marvel or Star Wars ... though the new Disney Animated movies (Frozen, Moana, etcc) would work

What I would love is if they randomized the scenes like in Star Tours so each time you went would be a bit different
Actually, would love to see the general show stay the same, but updated so Donald moves through newer movies...ducking arrows from Merida, ducking snow balls, or romping through the snow with Olaf, sailing with the pig from Moana, that sort of thing :D

Actually, would love to see the general show stay the same, but updated so Donald moves through newer movies...ducking arrows from Merida, ducking snow balls, or romping through the snow with Olaf, sailing with the pig from Moana, that sort of thing :D

The concept of randomizing scenes or aspects in certain rides is something that I feel Disney should really start investing in a lot more. As someone who frequents the parks on multiple trips each year, that is something that would really help keep some rides from becoming stale and aiding with re-ridability. It is why I like Star Tours so much - you never know what sequence of experiences you will see. Imagine how nice it would be if they added randomized scenes to TSMM, or another flying sequence for FoP in DAK. How nice would it be if they started Halloween or Christmas overlay scenes to TSMM? It is something that I think can at least differentiate a screen based attraction from AA based rides or roller coasters.

The same goes for the magic band concept. I remember when they talked about using magic band data to make things appear on movie posters or picture frames in ride queues that would 'personalize' your experience a bit more. These are other small touches that they could build upon to help make the parks a little bit different when visiting.

I will openly admit that I like the festivals in Epcot. One of the main reasons why is that it changes the feel and experience of that park throughout the entire year. The constantly changing food options, musical performances and overall park decor (especially at Christmas with the story tellers) really sets that park a part for me as an ever changing and developing experience. I would like to see these types of approaches applied more throughout the entire resort. I remember how much of a success Harambe Nights were. That is something that I wish they would continue for DAK. I know that it was an upcharge event, but it was unique and changed the experience of that park, even if only for one day or one visit.

I'd be ok with that (might roll my eyes at yet more Frozen but will live) but PLEASE no Star Wars or Marvel.

Maybe they could randomize scenes to feature whatever movie is currently overstocked on merchandise. You're welcome, Mr. Chapek.

Last edited:
I would kill for a bigger marvel presence in the world but legalities and all that

I’d be for an update on philharmagic especially if we get the lantern scene from tangled

I feel like the updates would need to include a SONG seeing as the show is all about a philharmonic orchestra. There's no songs in Brave, and there's not really any memorable music from Tangled (as much as I love that movie more than Frozen). It seems like they'd have to do Frozen, Moana, or maybe somehow "Try Everything" from Zootopia.

I feel like the updates would need to include a SONG seeing as the show is all about a philharmonic orchestra. There's no songs in Brave, and there's not really any memorable music from Tangled (as much as I love that movie more than Frozen). It seems like they'd have to do Frozen, Moana, or maybe somehow "Try Everything" from Zootopia.
woah no memorable music from tangled?! "At Last I See The Light" is iconic with my tweens at work!

Also do we have Princess and the Frog in it? That has GREAT music

woah no memorable music from tangled?! "At Last I See The Light" is iconic with my tweens at work!

Also do we have Princess and the Frog in it? That has GREAT music
For At Last I see the Light I guess it's not memorable in the sense that it's not considered a Disney "classic" song, but stuff like Let It Go (not that I love it) and How Far I'll Go have this big appeal. Trust me, I'd rather see Tangled in anything over more Frozen.

already got beat about At Last I see the Light ... but also the "I've got a dream" that is featured in the Castle Show

For Brave there isn't really songs, but there is music which is featured in Happily Ever After

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter