The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they will do much but it will be a lot more visible as it looks like people will be walking a bridge over it

I was at Shanghai DL last month. I'd agree that were will likely be some minor structural changes for Tron since the attraction is elevated. No doubt there will be differences in the placement of supporting elements and I suspect parts of the walkways will be altered as needed to fit into the MK location.

Not completely. Yes, the ride is a clone, but there will be some minor structural changes vs. what Shanghai has. I am not totally clear what is different, but due to layout and such, there will be some minor differences from what I have read.
The ride itself will be the same. Of course due to the nature of it being built in a different place than it was in Shanghai it will have some slight differences.

Since I still venture onto the wdwmagic forums from time to time, I figured I would re-post this post. It is from Magic Feather who I believe either works in Disney or a contractor company that works for Disney. Anyway, these are some rumors he posted regarding Epcot:

As of now, only Guardians and the Dining: Space are fully approved. Communicrossroads is practically greenlit, but in design purgatory. The only other pavillion that could have a change by 2021 (barring a last minute "IP-rovement" based on something kewl and fresh at Imagination or Seas) would be the Land. As for Spaceship, Seas, and Imagination, they will each get their reno in due time (pre-2030, post-2021, and in the order listed). Also, unless Guardians takes-off in more ways than are on the blueprints and price tag, Festival Center will live on.

Since I still venture onto the wdwmagic forums from time to time, I figured I would re-post this post. It is from Magic Feather who I believe either works in Disney or a contractor company that works for Disney. Anyway, these are some rumors he posted regarding Epcot:

As of now, only Guardians and the Dining: Space are fully approved. Communicrossroads is practically greenlit, but in design purgatory. The only other pavillion that could have a change by 2021 (barring a last minute "IP-rovement" based on something kewl and fresh at Imagination or Seas) would be the Land. As for Spaceship, Seas, and Imagination, they will each get their reno in due time (pre-2030, post-2021, and in the order listed). Also, unless Guardians takes-off in more ways than are on the blueprints and price tag, Festival Center will live on.

Well I'm glad some of you venture over there. Hopefully Imagination can cut it's way to the front of the line but I do know they Spaceship Earth could use some updates to the ending.

I assume that is just with regards to Futureworld as Rat is already being built in France and I thought the UK ride was greenlit as well as far as World Showcase

I assume that is just with regards to Futureworld as Rat is already being built in France and I thought the UK ride was greenlit as well as far as World Showcase

That is correct. His post was specific to FW. I was always assuming that Epcot's 50th is 2032 and Disney was saving some upgrades and new attractions/experiences to correspond with that date. I could totally see them saving Imagination for Epcot's 50th. It has been a dream of mine to have them update it and return it to its original incarnation, albeit with up-to-date effects, including Dreamfinder and Figment of course.

Regarding World Showcase, maybe @rteetz has some up-to-date info beyond Ratatouille in France and the upgraded China circlevision movie. I myself have seen rumors pertaining to Coco in Mexico, as well as an unspecified B/C-Ticket level attraction in the UK Pavilion. There was also talk of a Brazil Pavilion that has surfaced on multiple news/rumors sites.

That is correct. His post was specific to FW. I was always assuming that Epcot's 50th is 2032 and Disney was saving some upgrades and new attractions/experiences to correspond with that date. I could totally see them saving Imagination for Epcot's 50th. It has been a dream of mine to have them update it and return it to its original incarnation, albeit with up-to-date effects, including Dreamfinder and Figment of course.

Regarding World Showcase, maybe @rteetz has some up-to-date info beyond Ratatouille in France and the upgraded China circlevision movie. I myself have seen rumors pertaining to Coco in Mexico, as well as an unspecified B/C-Ticket level attraction in the UK Pavilion. There was also talk of a Brazil Pavilion that has surfaced on multiple news/rumors sites.
Last news I have is that UK is greenlit and Coco was being finalized. It seems talk of a new country has died down a bit not sure if that is still in the cards or not. In a recent Jim Hill podcast apparently Imagineering has tried to get a Brazil pavilion approved three times now.

I was always assuming that Epcot's 50th is 2032 and Disney was saving some upgrades and new attractions/experiences to correspond with that date. I could totally see them saving Imagination for Epcot's 50th. It has been a dream of mine to have them update it and return it to its original incarnation, albeit with up-to-date effects, including Dreamfinder and Figment of course.

I was recently thinking that if I had the power to make one update to WDW it would be to totally revamp Imagination - make it a top level attraction (thinking Mystic Manor but with Figment) and then open back up the top with the rainbow bridge and have a meet and greet again with Dreamfinder and Figment, and then make the interactive parts totally state of the art

Just think that the purpose of Furtureworld is to see what the future can bring by technology make real what we dream up in our imagination - so that pavilion is so key to the entire park

(if I was able to do 2 things the 2nd would be upgrade an enhance the monorail system and make it a true calling card like it used to be for Walt Disney World)

Last news I have is that UK is greenlit and Coco was being finalized. It seems talk of a new country has died down a bit not sure if that is still in the cards or not. In a recent Jim Hill podcast apparently Imagineering has tried to get a Brazil pavilion approved three times now.

Thanks for the update @rteetz! I still think a brazilian steakhouse would print money for WDW. Everyone is familiar with the concept and folks like to eat far too much on vacation. Seems like a no-brainer. My question about a Brazil pavilion is more about what architecture would they use? I think the Christ the Redeemer statue would be a difficult icon...but I'd flipping love to see a new country; don't care which one, but man, Russia would be fantastic...vodka tasting, a fine dining restaurant, the Kremlin...

Thanks for the update @rteetz! I still think a brazilian steakhouse would print money for WDW. Everyone is familiar with the concept and folks like to eat far too much on vacation. Seems like a no-brainer. My question about a Brazil pavilion is more about what architecture would they use? I think the Christ the Redeemer statue would be a difficult icon...but I'd flipping love to see a new country; don't care which one, but man, Russia would be fantastic...vodka tasting, a fine dining restaurant, the Kremlin...
I have old concept art I can post when I am back on my computer. The statue was part of the art then.

I have old concept art I can post when I am back on my computer. The statue was part of the art then.
It would certainly pave the way for the Epcot Mardi Gras fesitval, you know, something to use the festival karts when food and wine and flower and garden aren't online. You could go mardi gras straight into flower and garden.

I believe this is it (though it is believed to be older concept art and not necessarily what the current plan is):
r-1499286885-BrazilPavilion1.jpg
r-1499286926-BrazilPavilion5.jpg

r-1499286925-BrazilPavilion2.jpg
r-1499286925-BrazilPavilion3.jpg
r-1499286925-BrazilPavilion4.jpg

Obviously politically it would be tough to do Russia now but it would make for a fascinating pavilion - and a version of the Kremlin (well, St Basil's cathedral to be more specific) could be really cool ... and to play off the "cool" pun it could be set up as always winter there with snow and one of those Ice bars and stuff

Yes - please share it! I hope they don't include that though. It's cool to see in person, but not sure how they'd get the perspective right. I reckon if they can build floating mountains though, Imagineering could make it work.

Yes - please share it! I hope they don't include that though. It's cool to see in person, but not sure how they'd get the perspective right. I reckon if they can build floating mountains though, Imagineering could make it work.
They built a small Eifel Tower...

As far as I have heard and seen, the following are still to happen,
rat - greenlit and started
UK Ride - green lit but not confirmed nor IP verified.
Brazil - not green lit - but Martin and a few others still expect it to go
Coco - not green lit- but darn close

FW -
GotG - greenlit and started
Space restaurant - green lit
Seas - some changes but not green lit
Land - some changes but not green lit
SSE - as seen above by MagicFeather - some changes not green lit
Update to Communicor and main path - not green lit I don't believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter