The Scavenger Hunt in Key West Tour

Hopkins

DIS Veteran
I was on the "other" board, and someone over there was talking about a scaverger hunt in Key West. Basically (from what I gather), you and a group go on a scaverger hunt thru Key West looking for the different sights. You are given a polaroid camera to prove you found the sights when you return for the awards ceremony. It takes about 3 hrs. I was wondering if anyone has done this, what you look for, how many sights, is it entertaining, do you travel on foot (or electric cart), how much... ?

www.keywesthunt.com

Thanks in advance.
Tina :bounce:
Magic Western 10/11/03

Hi this is Shirley and a native of Key West to the tune of 4 generations.
Each time I hear of a new "giminick" down there, I too would like to hear what this is about - did they give any hints as to where you are suppose to go on this "scavenger" hunt and what are the prizes? I believe when Norm and I go down to check on our family, we will really have to check this one out - believe me this has to be a joke of some kind - anyhow when we get back from Key West, if you will email me at snelsonbrown@aol.com, will let you know what it is all about and if I do, will give you all the answers before you start:D
Take care and stay warm
Always
shirley

I haven't called them, yet, but tomorrow it's on my list. From their website, it looked real. It seemed kind-of-fun!

I'll know more tomorrow.
Tina

Well, I just got of the phone with the Southermost Scaverger Hunt people and they are definitely real! On Sunday (which is when the Magic docks in Key West), they meet at the La Concha Hotel in the downtown area at 12:30PM. Since we arrive at that time, we have to set up a "personalized hunt" to do the "Classic Scavenger Hunt". There is a 10 person minimum for a personalized hunt, but they always welcome more. It's $20/person. They meet you at the cruise ship dock (at an arranged time we pick), give you the clues and a map, and send you on your way. You meet back in 3 hrs for the "awards ceremony". To tally each teams points. You compete with the others in your 10 person minimum group. You can break down into 2, 4, 6 or however you came. Some of the prizes are tickets to attractions and food and drinks at some local establishments. Some of the attractions you have to find are the Southermost Point, the Shipwreck, the cigar Place, the shrimp dock, Hemingways House, and some off the wall places that you wouldn't have found on your own to name a few. Each team has to work together to answer cryptic clues and riddles, while learning about local history and trivia.

Since we miss the scheduled meeting time on Sunday for this Scavenger Hunt, there is such a following here, that if someone wants to go on a particular sailing day and wants to arrange a private personalized tour, we should just post and get a group of us together and plan a Scavenger Hunt tour. I'm going to be on the Octoberfestcruise, so I'm sure I can convince someone from that large bunch to do this with our group of 4.

What do you think?
Tina :)
Magic Western 10/11/03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter