The secret tricks to booking ADR's?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
OK, so tell me, is there a trick I'm missing?

Got up at 5am.
Credit card pre-loaded into my account.
Laptop & phone ready.
I started my 180+10 ADR's at 6:00 on the dot.
Got 50% of the ADR's I wanted (being very flexible with times).

Why are ADR's so impossible to make these days? Is it because we are now a party of 6?

Got up at 5am.
Laptop & phone ready.

Why are ADR's so impossible to make these days?
I believe that some Epcot area ones are being held back for CP for one thing

Akershus dinner is one of the ones I am trying to get. Is that one of the CP restaurants?
If so, when do they tend to release those ADR's?

At exactly 6am, there was literally nothing at Akershus available any time of day!

Akershus dinner is one of the ones I am trying to get. Is that one of the CP restaurants?
If so, when do they tend to release those ADR's?

At exactly 6am, there was literally nothing at Akershus available any time of day!

I didn't book Akershus until a week after my window opened. Keep the faith!

We have been trying to get Akershus for any day of our stay (11/28 -12/06), for any meal, with no luck yet.
Akershus does participate in the CP Dining Package so,as many others have speculated, i think they are holding back a lot of times for this.
I believe, in the past, CP dining packages have been released in late June/early July.
Keep trying cause you never know when something may open up!
Best of luck getting what you're looking for.

We have been trying to get Akershus for any day of our stay (11/28 -12/06), for any meal, with no luck yet.
Akershus does participate in the CP Dining Package so,as many others have said, i believe they are holding back a lot of times for this.
I beleve, in the past, CP dining packages have been released in late June/early July.
Keep trying cause you never know when something may open up!
Best of luck getting what you're looking for.

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Got up at 5am.
Laptop & phone ready.

Why are ADR's so impossible to make these days? Is it because we are now a party of 6?

if you were trying for dinner at TS restaurants at MK, all of them are impacted by MK closing at 7PM 4 nights per week for MVMCP. a lot less ADRs because of the early closings.

My window was yesterday, and I also got about half. Because of the plans I had made, most of the ones I didn't don't get are in the first two or three days of our trip. So, I know that's usually not ideal when trying to book. But, so much opened up in the 6 months before our last year dec trip that im hopeful....Including akershus when they released the cp packages!

if you were trying for dinner at TS restaurants at MK, all of them are impacted by MK closing at 7PM 4 nights per week for MVMCP. a lot less ADRs because of the early closings.
Did I read or see somewhere that mk is closing at 6 on mvmcp days this year?

The only ADR I am searching for at MK is BOG Lunch on a non-MVMCP day. The only time that came up was 10:20am. I grabbed it for now & figured worse comes to worse, maybe we could go in for a mid morning cupcake, just so my kids can experience eating in Belle's castle

A lot of people book on non-MVMCP days, since they skip MK on early close days (even though crowds are lower those days); others are booking earlier meals since dinner is a no fly zone.

Today was my 180 day mark. Was online at 6am and had problems even getting the plaza! Something isn't right. I called disney dining and the CM tells me that the people who have trips within 10 days before mine probably filled them up already. This can't be right.

Today was my 180 day mark. Was online at 6am and had problems even getting the plaza! Something isn't right. I called disney dining and the CM tells me that the people who have trips within 10 days before mine probably filled them up already. This can't be right.

I have trouble believing what that CM said. 180+10 has been in place for a long time & I've never had so many issues booking ADR's on the first day of my window. I've been reading lately that others are saying the same thing.

I really think it has been coming in waves, just not sure why. I booked for a 11/25 arrival (plus I have a longer trip) and had no issues. People who booked a few days later had a lot of trouble, and then it seemed like for a few days so many things were open! I really do think people are either canceling already or they are releasing in waves. People who booked a few days after me had a lot of issues getting ADR's that I saw open in the following days. Likely people grabbed those up quickly.

Definitely keep checking and sign up for the touring plans reservation finder - it's extremely helpful!

My 180 days is coming up on Tuesday. I hope all this is worked out! The only one I'm worried about really is Akershus. My 3 year old loves the princesses! Also I'd like to get tusker house. I can be flexible on other things.

I wasn't able to get many of mine for 11/25-12/7...I am offsite so trying one day at a time and not 180+10 AND I have a party of 11. I've never seen booking this bad. My last trip I didn't decide until 120 days and was able to get everything, just not exactly my ideal times. I am not trying to get dinner at MK, that's a lost cause and only one at Epcot.

Got up at 5am.
Laptop & phone ready.

I have trouble believing what that CM said. 180+10 has been in place for a long time & I've never had so many issues booking ADR's on the first day of my window. I've been reading lately that others are saying the same thing.

Late November/early December will probably be packed at the parks this year. There have been many threads like yours in the past couple of weeks, complaining about difficulty making ADRs of all kinds for this time period. The bulk of the problem probably is competition from other vacationers, as the CM suggested.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter