The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Ironically, I ended up having to install a sewer clean out at our current home not long after we moved in. It's been quite handy in cleaning out (aka dumping) our TT when we bring it home. THe only problem, is that it's just a bit too far for comfort from where the TT sits. I have 3 hoses and it barely makes it (It ends up being a 2 person job too).

Now I am in the process of busting up some concrete and the sewer line runs under it (at a different spot then where the clean out was.) I have to replace the concrete because it was all cracked. Anyway, before I re-pour the concrete, I am going to dig up the sewer line to inspect (and likely replace) it as I fear it's "That old" and needs it. Meanwhile, I will ALSO put a more convenient cleanout for the TT so that it can again be a single person job with not as long of a hose.

Definitely glad I have what I have though.

Anyway, before I re-pour the concrete, I am going to dig up the sewer line to inspect (and likely replace) it as I fear it's "That old" and needs it.

What you should do since you are going to re-pour your pad is put your sewer line in to a bigger pipe, so that is in a sleeve, then if needing replaced later all you would have to do is cut the pipe at both ends of the pad, pull it out and slide the new pipe in. I did this with my water line that is buried 4 ft. below grade with my driveway over top of it. It was easier and less expensive than running new copper line up and around the driveway.

What you should do since you are going to re-pour your pad is put your sewer line in to a bigger pipe, so that is in a sleeve, then if needing replaced later all you would have to do is cut the pipe at both ends of the pad, pull it out and slide the new pipe in. I did this with my water line that is buried 4 ft. below grade with my driveway over top of it. It was easier and less expensive than running new copper line up and around the driveway.
I like the idea, however, the plan is to NOT be at this current residence for more than a couple more years. We really do not like the area we live in. We ended up here as an unfortunate necessity of situation. That situation is no longer an issue, the situation now, is to get a few other bills paid off (and kids moved out) so that we can better afford a location that both DW and I can agree on. The problem here, is that if it's a location/house she likes, I cannot afford it. :( I know there is a compromise out there though... :)

I like the idea, however, the plan is to NOT be at this current residence for more than a couple more years. We really do not like the area we live in. We ended up here as an unfortunate necessity of situation. That situation is no longer an issue, the situation now, is to get a few other bills paid off (and kids moved out) so that we can better afford a location that both DW and I can agree on. The problem here, is that if it's a location/house she likes, I cannot afford it. :( I know there is a compromise out there though... :)

Come on I am sure there is a great house awaiting purchase up there on Montage Mountain.......maybe even at only a million dollars....:cool1:

Oh no..... Montage is FAR from the "Short List". Heck, I don't even think if I COULD afford a house there that I could afford the TAXES. Even if the house was FREE, the taxes would kill me. (I didn't win the powerball yet.... ) :)

I like how you PA people are complaining about house prices, areas, and my favorite... taxes! Please!!! Then again @peg110 If I think I know where you are generally located, I can understand. H ton area? You know some people cough cough me cough cough would love to be able to park their trailers, have a private "dump station", a nice graded or concrete pad. Good luck with the home improvement project.

I like how you PA people are complaining about house prices, areas, and my favorite... taxes! Please!!! Then again @peg110 If I think I know where you are generally located, I can understand. H ton area? You know some people cough cough me cough cough would love to be able to park their trailers, have a private "dump station", a nice graded or concrete pad. Good luck with the home improvement project.
In the WB area of NEPA.

I hear ya though. I am very fortunate to have what I have. I guess I shouldn't complain, but on the other side of things, we all want better, right? I don't think I will ever get over how much taxes we pay though. Funny thing is, is my current house has a value of less then 100K, yet I pay about 3K in taxes annually. Looking for a better house in the 200K range and the taxes (depending on the area) can jump upwards of 5K annually.

Now... I looked further south (North Carolina areas) and found some nice properties. It seems though, down there (mostly Raleigh suburbs) that the houses are more expensive but smaller. So now my housing budget has to go in upwards of 300K, but the taxes tend to be around 1.5K (or so) annually. Just no explaining it. (well other than greedy politicians)

Today the new trailer started to become more real. The hitch has arrived....
20170523_120915.jpeg

And while not quite ready, need to set height and get bolts torqued. She fits. She is tight. And yes for the picture i did not pin it in place.

Chris,

That hitch looks very much like my B&W. The head unit is identical, from what I can see. It should do a good job.

j

Here it is, very early on Thursday. A lot of people are getting ready to camp this weekend. We are getting ready to get our new camper tomorrow. Wish the weather was better, supposed to rain. But what can you do. Well off to bed, to dream of a fiver and adventures to come.

Big day. And don't worry about the rain.

When is your first trip in the new camper? Tomorrow is Friday. It's a long weekend. Go for it! :thumbsup2

j

Big day. And don't worry about the rain.

When is your first trip in the new camper? Tomorrow is Friday. It's a long weekend. Go for it! :thumbsup2

j

Well got out of work at 2 am, slept until 630 hitched up the TT and off we went. We picked up the new rig, drove it home dropped it off in driveway, and off to work until 2am i went. No camping this weekend for me. Need to get all the stuff back in the new rig, maybe in a couple weeks camping weekend locally to shakedown. For now just trying to stay awake and functioning.

Ok, so off to get some sleep. Maybe tomorrow we will get the trailer hooked up and in to it's parking spot. Been a long day on very little sleep. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Countdown is to 115.

And now the dog is sick. Not sure what is wrong with her but she will not put any weight on her back legs. Hope it is not serious, but having my doubts.:sad1:

So today found me and DW getting the trailer parked where the pad will go. Had to trim back the trees as we went. Back up, get on roof, trim branches, and repeat. It is now where we want and now to get it loaded up for a shakedown trip.
Will get some pictures to post of the inside when we get it open here in a bit.

And while opening the slides the door to the bedroom popped open, and well, our first mishap.

20170527_174653.jpeg

20170527_175139.jpeg

Think it may need a bandaid.

Prayers for your pup.

Oh man, I hope it's a quick, easy CHEAP fix.

Prayers for your pup.

Oh man, I hope it's a quick, easy CHEAP fix.

Well, thank you on both counts. The dealer was supposed to fix the door that caused the damage. I had mentioned it to them when we looked at the unit. Looks like the two brackets unbolt and can be replaced and the trim panel that was squished. Have email in to dealer see what they say.

20170526_112529.jpeg
Not the best photo, as I took it with my phone and then sent it to my computer. But this is us hooked up and ready to come home from the dealership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter