The Silent KillJoy--heat rash!

firecracker

never been tagged, but that's OK...I'm secure abou
OK....if you're part of the .0012% of the world's population who's thighs don't rub together when you walk long distances, then ignore this message.

If you like me and a significant amount of flesh on each thigh are continually in contact, read on! My hubby suffers from heat rash in the summer, but we've both experienced it after walking all day and night at WDW.

This trip we took some baby diaper rash ointment (the zinc oxide kind) and applied it at least once a day....it did the trick! No problems at all!

Hope this helps someone else stop suffering needlessly from this once-silent killjoy!!

:D

firecracker!

Thanks for the suggestion! My husband and I were just discussing this last night and wondering if there were any "magic" cures out there. We both suffer from heat rash and we're not looking forward to the misery we will feel if it develops on our future trip. :)

That's funny-- I opened this thread just so I could post that tip! It really does work.

This is a great tip. DH got heat rash bad last time we were at WDW so this will be a great help. Thanks!

I was amazed that I suffered in December when it was cool but it's just too humid to help evaporate moisture away

This Feb, I am definitely taking some heat rash remedies!

Do you think your remedy would work on other parts of the body? My hands become inflamed as well as the back of my calves when we're in Florida, even in November when temperatures are mild. It takes about a week back in Central New York before the heat rash finally clears up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter