The UK Government is imploding

... And can the Conservatives even find anyone willing to stick their head up and try for it? It's such a diseased atmosphere I'm not sure many/any would be willing to risk a promising political career in that environment. I suspect many would rather wait for a more promising time.
Oh, I think there will be at least 4 who will decide it's worth the gamble to go for it. Power is a very attractive (and addictive) thing.

The Cabinet is gathering now at #10, looks like a resignation demand is in the works. It's interesting that there is a not an obvious successor waiting in the wings; it's going to require much jostling in the proverbial smoke-filled room to determine who will replace him if he goes.

As to the rules/terminology being different than in the US, it's rather the other way 'round: the American system is the one that is unusual. The UK uses the standard Parliamentary system, wherein members of the public vote for their local member of Parliament, and the major government positions are then meted out by jockeying within the majority party, or with the formation of party coalitions.
I love watching British Parliament.

As an American I feel I have no excuse to look down on other countries' political problems, particularly other democracies. We have enough of our own! (Flying into London Sunday, not expecting this to affect our trip)
That won't affect your trip. They are having the same inflation issues we are having so I'm expecting food to be expensive, but that's about it. Thankfully I was able to use points for our hotel.

As an American I feel I have no excuse to look down on other countries' political problems, particularly other democracies. We have enough of our own! (Flying into London Sunday, not expecting this to affect our trip)
I don't see it as "looking down" so much as a mutual empathy between the US and UK over the current state of things.

Maggie's gone now to that great debate in the sky, but there are 2 plausible female candidates among Tory leaders.
Minister of State for Trade Penny Mordaunt:1657294168727.jpeg

and Foreign Minister Liz Truss:1657294271009.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter