The Vaccine Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more referring to all the rules and restrictions once on board they will be what turns people away.

I agree with this. For me personally, repeating the same lone show throughout cruise would be a dealbreaker because enjoying dinner and a show at the end of each evening was a big part of the cruise experience for us. I had been hoping for a fall 2021 cruise but now I've crossed that off the vacation possibility list.

Likewise while our family would be okay with the limited kids club time, I know families where this would be a HUGE dealbreaker.

I could go on and discuss each restriction, but I guess my point is that the restriction list is so extensive that many, many cruisers are likely to find at least one of their personal dealbreakers to sailing.

I don't doubt DCL will still find people eager to cruise, but it will be a reduced audience while these restrictions last.

I agree with this. For me personally, repeating the same lone show throughout cruise would be a dealbreaker because enjoying dinner and a show at the end of each evening was a big part of the cruise experience for us. I had been hoping for a fall 2021 cruise but now I've crossed that off the vacation possibility list.

Likewise while our family would be okay with the limited kids club time, I know families where this would be a HUGE dealbreaker.

I could go on and discuss each restriction, but I guess my point is that the restriction list is so extensive that many, many cruisers are likely to find at least one of their personal dealbreakers to sailing.

I don't doubt DCL will still find people eager to cruise, but it will be a reduced audience while these restrictions last.

DCL will most likely have to sail at reduced capacity anyway (will it be 25%? 50%? 75%?) ... The lower the percentage, the higher the chances of filling up the ship with people willing to accept a reduced/modified experience.

DCL will most likely have to sail at reduced capacity anyway (will it be 25%? 50%? 75%?) ... The lower the percentage, the higher the chances of filling up the ship with people willing to accept a reduced/modified experience.

While true but for the states based cruises and based on what is going on with international travel they may even struggle filling a reduced capacity especially if they really don't sail till late fall when the vast majority of other vacation spots in the US and possibly other places are fairly back to normal. At this point people have already gone this long with out doing a cruise or heavily planning one and the longer you go the easier for many it is to keep waiting while they enjoy other experiences.

While true but for the states based cruises and based on what is going on with international travel they may even struggle filling a reduced capacity especially if they really don't sail till late fall when the vast majority of other vacation spots in the US and possibly other places are fairly back to normal. At this point people have already gone this long with out doing a cruise or heavily planning one and the longer you go the easier for many it is to keep waiting while they enjoy other experiences.
Presuming that the "vast majority of other vacation spots" will be "back to normal" is quite the presumption. There's no indication that things like mask requirements are disappearing from airlines or amusement parks. Disney isn't bring back FastPasses any time soon either. (Never understood the logic in that decision, but I digress.) I get the mask fatigue; I know that after 4-5 hours, the mask gets tedious... but until this gets under control, masks are going to remain a requirement in many spots.

Presuming that the "vast majority of other vacation spots" will be "back to normal" is quite the presumption. There's no indication that things like mask requirements are disappearing from airlines or amusement parks. Disney isn't bring back FastPasses any time soon either. (Never understood the logic in that decision, but I digress.) I get the mask fatigue; I know that after 4-5 hours, the mask gets tedious... but until this gets under control, masks are going to remain a requirement in many spots.

I have a feeling that airlines might even make the mandatory mask thing permanent!

Last edited:
I am curious if others are seeing anything about the situation in India on their local news. I read about it daily on international news, BBC and DailyMail (fun read sometimes). I am just surprised our local news has nothing on it in the Covid section. I don't read US national news sites, so no clue if they are covering it.

The reason I mention it, is because if some people saw this they may rethink their decision on the vaccine, then again maybe not.

I have a feeling that airlines might even keep the mandatory mask thing permanent!

I am guessing this would never fly in the US. I am guessing the backlash would be awful and I am sure multiple lawsuits post pandemic would be filed if a case could be made for one.

Last edited:
I am curious if others are seeing anything about the situation in India on their local news. I read about it daily on international news, BBC and DailyMail (fun read sometimes). I am just surprised our local news has nothing on it in the Covid section. I don't read US national news sites, so no clue if they are covering it.

The reason I mention it, is because if some people saw this they may rethink their decision on the vaccine, then again maybe not.

I am guessing this would never fly in the US. I am guessing the backlash would be awful and I am sure multiple lawsuits post pandemic would be filed if a case could be made for one.

Really? People would get mad about wearing a mask just for a few hours (for the duration of a flight?) Why?

P.s.: Yes, following the situation in India. Around 350 000 cases per day and 2000 deaths every day. No more oxygen in hospitals... Scary and sad, isn't?

Before COVID hit, we had a major trip to Europe planned (with long distance air flights). I already had masks to wear on the plane, just due to the number of people I was certain who were going to be on that plane with colds/flu/whatever.

I've been flying with masks on for years! (Caugh influenza once... Never again!)

I hope not! I really hope I can at least start ordering a rum and Coke on my flights again this summer.

I love ordering sparkling wine and snacks on flights too. In pre-covid times, I used to remove it just for a few minutes while I eat and put it back the rest of the time.

I wonder if you can still have drinks and snacks on a plane these days? I have no idea as my last flight was in January 2020.

Really? People would get mad about wearing a mask just for a few hours (for the duration of a flight?) Why?

P.s.: Yes, following the situation in India. Around 350 000 cases per day and 2000 deaths every day. No more oxygen in hospitals... Scary and sad, isn't?

India is just scary. I think I read they are asking some to bury family at home following health protocols (BBC or Daily mail). It is the worst case scenario with this pandemic. Dense populations and not a quick vaccine rollout I think is part of the cause. When people have to buy oxygen and medicine off the black market and hospitals are turning people away, they need help in a bad way. No idea how you get it to them safely. Not like you can do an air drop of oxygen cylinders, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hopefully they will get some relief to them somehow.

India is just scary. I think I read they are asking some to bury family at home following health protocols (BBC or Daily mail). It is the worst case scenario with this pandemic. Dense populations and not a quick vaccine rollout I think is part of the cause. When people have to buy oxygen and medicine off the black market and hospitals are turning people away, they need help in a bad way. No idea how you get it to them safely. Not like you can do an air drop of oxygen cylinders, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hopefully they will get some relief to them somehow.

I believe Canada and the USA said they would try to help in some ways (sending PPE, ventilators, etc.) ... As for oxygen, I have no idea how they could do it. Complete nightmare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter