The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A week later, and the deed (literally) is fully done. As we were not financing, it took a few days to get all of the necessary wire transfer information collated, but I’m now a member with a reservation and a (temporary) card. Dec 18-23, home resort first stay, splurged for the TP resort studio view. The original DVC Villas had no openings across those dates, but we are looking forward to two queen Beds. Thinking about adding a SAT night on the 17th (either borrowing from 2023 points or hoping for a single night at the 7 month window with 1 time annual point purchase).

Thanks again to everyone for the advice and perspective during this. No buyers remorse, feel pretty good (even with my many current Disney practices gripes) about the decision. Which is good, since we debated it for the past four years, and I’ve been on-off-on-off about a dozen times since 2018. It’ll be our first stay at the Floridian, too, which will be nice.

Anyone who bought receive a DVC water bottle and cooling towel? I still haven’t received luggage yet, but was surprised to get a welcome gift since I’m not a new member.
Just got back from a week at PVB and the box with the water bottle and towel arrived today, didn't know this was coming but cool nonetheless.
Also wanted to add that we went over and checked out the new resort studios and I'm so glad we added on.
Really beautiful room in person, so much attention to detail and they'll work so well for our needs on vacations.

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet on purchasing VGF (first time member). Since there’s no incentive for 150 pts and we don’t need points until a stay we’re doing December 2023, is there any reason to rush to buy? There will be advance warning of a per point cost increase, correct? I just want to be sure to buy before the per point goes up.

I haven’t pulled the trigger yet on purchasing VGF (first time member). Since there’s no incentive for 150 pts and we don’t need points until a stay we’re doing December 2023, is there any reason to rush to buy? There will be advance warning of a per point cost increase, correct? I just want to be sure to buy before the per point goes up.
The current pricing is good through June 1. At that point, they can reduce incentives, increase the base price, or whatever. It is anybody’s guess. With the first round of sales at the Grand FLoridian, they increased the base price several times.

The current pricing is good through June 1. At that point, they can reduce incentives, increase the base price, or whatever. It is anybody’s guess. With the first round of sales at the Grand FLoridian, they increased the base price several times.
Thanks, I totally get that the price increases all the time. My question which I probably didn’t phrase well is: doesn’t Disney always give about a week’s notice when base price will go up? Incentives don’t come into play here because there aren’t any for the number of points I’m buying right now (150). I haven’t been following the prices trends for a long time, but it seems like for the past several months if base price was increasing (like they did recently with sold out resorts), there is some advance notice so you have time to buy before the increase.

Thanks, I totally get that the price increases all the time. My question which I probably didn’t phrase well is: doesn’t Disney always give about a week’s notice when base price will go up? Incentives don’t come into play here because there aren’t any for the number of points I’m buying right now (150). I haven’t been following the prices trends for a long time, but it seems like for the past several months if base price was increasing (like they did recently with sold out resorts), there is some advance notice so you have time to buy before the increase.
I've noticed that DVC doesn't always give advanced notice. I think if you bought now you would just back the 2022 points and use them for your December 2023 trip.
Not sure if you are only considering VGF, but Riviera is an awesome resort and they may be offering a discount on 150 points for new members, not sure though. Only thing is with Riviera are the resale restrictions if you ever sell it may affect your sale price. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if you like the resort. I'm actually considering adding on a small Riviera contract. Trying to fight it though.

Usually. But even if there is some advance notice, you can't count on finding out about it in time to make a purchase, so there's that. (Not everyone checks in to the DIS DVC Forums or other internet DVC news sources on a daily basis, LOL).

IMO, the current $207 pp is almost certainly the lowest price that will be offered for purchases of smaller contracts prior to sell out.

Good luck with your decision.

I've noticed that DVC doesn't always give advanced notice. I think if you bought now you would just back the 2022 points and use them for your December 2023 trip.
Not sure if you are only considering VGF, but Riviera is an awesome resort and they may be offering a discount on 150 points for new members, not sure though. Only thing is with Riviera are the resale restrictions if you ever sell it may affect your sale price. Personally, it wouldn't bother me if you like the resort. I'm actually considering adding on a small Riviera contract. Trying to fight it though.
I think Riviera is a beautiful resort but I want the proximity to Magic Kingdom/ability to walk to at least one park. If Riviera was walking distance to HS and Epcot, I’d be much more interested. I do think it’s very nice.

There was one day advance warning (or maybe more like a rumour) that base price for AKL, OKW and SSR was going up to $200/pt. If you know what you want to buy and where, I’d do it. Especially since you can bank Dec UY 2022 points to use for your Dec 2023 trip.

@SusieQ93
One strategy you might consider would be to purchase your points in late May. You will need a 10% down payment, which can be a credit card. They will send you documents to sign electronically. You can stall on this a few days. Then, once you sign them, you have an additional 10 days to rescind your purchase. By this time, you will know what the new pricing is. Further, if you are paying cash, you can schedule your payments in a few chunks on your credit card. So the money comes out of your bank account over several months. Discuss this with your guide. You will not be able to close until you pay in full, but this will be OK because you will not get your points until December anyway. (If you are financing, you can just go ahead and close right away - probably in late June.)

Another thing to consider would be to raise your purchase amount to 175 points. You would save a few $ per point, and most people wish they had more points.

Overall, I have been an owner at VGF since 2015, and have recently added on 125 points. We have never regretted it. It has been a great experience for our family.

Good luck!

@SusieQ93
One strategy you might consider would be to purchase your points in late May. You will need a 10% down payment, which can be a credit card. They will send you documents to sign electronically. You can stall on this a few days. Then, once you sign them, you have an additional 10 days to rescind your purchase. By this time, you will know what the new pricing is. Further, if you are paying cash, you can schedule your payments in a few chunks on your credit card. So the money comes out of your bank account over several months. Discuss this with your guide. You will not be able to close until you pay in full, but this will be OK because you will not get your points until December anyway. (If you are financing, you can just go ahead and close right away - probably in late June.)

Another thing to consider would be to raise your purchase amount to 175 points. You would save a few $ per point, and most people wish they had more points.

Overall, I have been an owner at VGF since 2015, and have recently added on 125 points. We have never regretted it. It has been a great experience for our family.

Good luck!
Thank you! Good tips. We are paying cash/any remaining will go on the Disney visa and be paid off in the 6 month window so I’m just trying to stretch that out more than anything if there’s no rush.

I’m only buying the 150 because I really want to buy another 100 or so at the Disneyland tower when it opens as we enjoy regular trips on both coasts. So I need to save up for that next purchase :)

Thanks! It sounds like best bet is to go ahead and buy by June 1st.

I would. And if you have the Disney Visa you can ask them to spread out the payments so you get the extra months interest free.

This way tot don’t have to pay in full until close to December anyway.

Im trying to figure out use year. My guide said that they are marketing February use year. We were thinking of getting an august use year since we will mostly try to travel oct to end of nov and sometimes in March April. He was recommending the February use year so we would get one set of points now and one set in February.
Not sure if this makes sense. We may or may not do a trip this fall depending on pregnancy status.
Should I take feb or push for august use year? Especially since oct-dec 2022 is almost completely booked already!

Im trying to figure out use year. My guide said that they are marketing February use year. We were thinking of getting an august use year since we will mostly try to travel oct to end of nov and sometimes in March April. He was recommending the February use year so we would get one set of points now and one set in February.
Not sure if this makes sense. We may or may not do a trip this fall depending on pregnancy status.
Should I take feb or push for august use year? Especially since oct-dec 2022 is almost completely booked already!
You should be able to get any use year you want, we went with June for our purchase based on travel times. August means you have to bank points by March 31, so if you plan to travel in March/April you may want to consider September to get the April 30 deadline in the event of an issue resulting in having to postpone/cancel an April trip.

I would politely but firmly ask for an August UY because that would fit your likely travel times best. A February UY with October and November trips would mean if you had to cancel a trip, you'd be too close to the end of your UY to use or bank the points. It sounds like you're already familiar with the Understanding Use Year thread, but if not, you might want to read it to know why August is better for you (and maybe you could educate your guide, too).

BTW, if you buy an August UY now, you'll get 2021 points now and 2022 points on August 1 of this year. If you buy a February UY, you'll get 2022 points now and have to wait until February 1, 2023 to get more!

BTW, if you buy an August UY now, you'll get 2021 points now and 2022 points on August 1 of this year. If you buy a February UY, you'll get 2022 points now and have to wait until February 1, 2023 to get more!
I probably misunderstood but I thought they weren’t giving VGF2 2021 points. I know they are for other direct purchases.

I probably misunderstood but I thought they weren’t giving VGF2 2021 points. I know they are for other direct purchases.
Sorry, I forgot I was on the VGF thread. OTOH, having a February UY when most DVC visits will be in October and November is probably worth passing up the 2021 points and starting with August 2022. At least it would be for me, for peace of mind knowing how life can throw curve balls into reservations booked 11 months out!

I agree with the others.

Since you plan to travel October, November, March, or April, go with a Use Year that works for your dates. I know you mentioned August but if you don't see yourself ever going in August, then maybe even consider September?

We went with a September Use Year for our VGF contract since this allows us to book September (cheapest month) to December without any issue, even to as far as May. (We have to bank April 30 but since we have to cancel a reservation 31 days before, it means we have to commit to a May trip before our banking date anyway.) Historically, August is the easiest DVC month to book, so if we have to cancel a May trip at the last-minute, we can try for the summer months and settle for August if we have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter