The Villas at Disneyland Tower DVC

Grand Floridian debuted with $207 base and member discounts of $8 off 125, $10 off 150, etc. VDH will probably be similar, albeit with $217 base.

Great for west coasters but we're probably a little too far away to buy. Adding 300 more villas--mostly studios--will undoubtedly make it easier to book at 7 months.

I think it is an irresistible opportunity, unless there are RIV-style resale restrictions, in which case I am not interested.

I am on the West Coast, so very interested. I am currently purchasing AKL and AUL resale so still need a California property to complete the holy trinity.

In ROFR for a small OKW Ext contract, hoping everything is finalized by the time they release the details for VDH! Hoping to buy a small direct contract 🤞

Last edited:
In ROFR for a small OKW Ext contract, hoping everything is finalized by the time they release the details for VDH! Hoping to buy a small direct contract 🤞
I am in the same boat. I have 2 contracts in ROFR and hoping to have one finalized before VDH goes on sale.

We don't own any DVC yet but really want to buy resale for VGC. But not going to completely rule out VDH either, I guess.

Does anyone know if it's EVER possible to book VGC at the 7 month mark or is that pretty much a rarity?

We don't own any DVC yet but really want to buy resale for VGC. But not going to completely rule out VDH either, I guess.

Does anyone know if it's EVER possible to book VGC at the 7 month mark or is that pretty much a rarity?
I just checked and for a studio there is one single night available in the next 7 months (Monday April 3). After that there is one night available in September (Friday September 15) and then two nights available in October (the 17th and the 30th). One and two bedrooms have much better availability though, if you would be open to that.

Sept/Oct and Feb tend to be hard months even at 11months, let alone 7months. 'low' points with lowish crowds and special events make it very popular for home owners.

If we were younger ;) and lived closer, we would consider it. But we’re on the East Coast and pretty close to hitting the retirement button (at least one of us anyway). We enjoy California, have family there, and travel there every year or so. And we love Disneyland (my first visit was in 1984 and I think it cost $15!o_O). For those who plan to buy - enjoy!

I think it will likely have restrictions.
Honestly I do not think that restrictions would have a major impact on resale. WDW and DL are entirely different worlds. Even with this, there will still only be two DVC properties at DL (one with very few rooms).

Throw in that the majority of DL visitors have little to no interest in WDW. Now where it could impact is WDW regulars wanting points at a DL location. But I have no doubt that there is plenty of pent up west coast demand for DVC at DL.

That said, as someone who fully intends to buy here, I would certainly prefer to see it without restrictions :)

I’m on the west coast and intend to buy. If the point charts and cost aren’t great I may just add more points at VGC.
Good luck - Disney has no VGC points left to sell. The price of resale points is too high for them to be willing to buy back. They aren't even keeping a waiting list of people who want VGC points.

Sept/Oct and Feb tend to be hard months even at 11months, let alone 7months. 'low' points with lowish crowds and special events make it very popular for home owners.

I'm surprised about February. Though I guess I shouldn't be since we like to go then too. Ha!

Good luck - Disney has no VGC points left to sell. The price of resale points is too high for them to be willing to buy back. They aren't even keeping a waiting list of people who want VGC points.

Yeah...I wondered if they ever bought them back. Such a bummer. I was on a chat with a person from DVC today asking about VGC even though I already knew what he'd say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter