• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Hi fellow VGC owners. I haven’t been following the board for quite sometime, as I ended up booking Grand Floridian after Disney cancelled my VGC reservation 3 times. I am now trying to book a December reservation. It says reservations are suspended at this time. How long has it been suspended and is there any thought when reservations will open up again? Thanks so much

Hi fellow VGC owners. I haven’t been following the board for quite sometime, as I ended up booking Grand Floridian after Disney cancelled my VGC reservation 3 times. I am now trying to book a December reservation. It says reservations are suspended at this time. How long has it been suspended and is there any thought when reservations will open up again? Thanks so much
It's only been paused for about day. I can only imagine the "oh sh*t, oh sh*t - what do we do now?" that someone is going through right now to rectify the mayhem that likely ensued in that like one day of accidental availability.

I had reservations for a studio in August. I upgraded to a one-bedroom. If they decide it was all a mistake, I hope they restore my studio reservation.

As a former IT professional, if they totally messed up, I hope that get the back-up (let's hope they have one), restore the way things were on March 31, and give us some leeway for banking, etc.

Could someone post when they see it up and working again please? I was just going on this morning to juggle some reservations around. We've been trying to celebrate our daughter's 18th birthday there since August! We aren't CA residents, so trying to find something that might actually work to celebrate at Disney. We are all fully vaccinated . . . sigh. Anyway, I'll post if I see it working.

I have a reservation that I made right at the 7 month window for a short stay for this coming summer using banked points. If it gets cancelled because of a DVC technical glitch, they better allow me to bank those points (again) because I won't be able to use them before they expire.

LAX

I think it’s been suspended for at least 3 days. I’ve been trying to book and the button has been greyed out for that long.

I tried to post on here yesterday, but apparently something was wrong with disboards.
New info: I called member services Saturday and couldn't even get through to a live person. It just said all representatives were busy, call back and later, and hung up on me.
Yesterday (Easter Sunday--apparently most people assumed they were closed, because I was told that the call volume had been quite light all day), I called and got right through. I was told that even though the VGC online booking tool was down for members, that member services could cancel, modify and make VGC reservations. I got a bunch of info on my points from her, hung up to make some decisions, and called back. The 2nd rep I talked to checked with a supervisor and said, no, VGC was down for even them. I called back a 3rd time, rep said no. I waited a while and called back right before they closed . . . #4 rep said YES they could cancel/modify/book. He cancelled 2 reservations for me, modified another one and booked a new reservation (all VGC).

This explains why the availability has changed despite the "system being down." I had seen 3 consecutive days in August that I wanted to book, then it changed to 5, then to just 1 available in that week.

So, it is possible, if you get the right representative, to cancel/modify/make reservations. And there had not been any changes to my previously existing reservations during this April glitch.

Hope that helps someone!

I think my only concern with that is that one CM said they closed the reservation because they are not sure how many units are actually available on each day.

So they are being told not to book/modify to avoid overbooking any unit. And you may arrive at the resort without any availability even with a reservation.

Again I’m only passing on what she told me.

I think my only concern with that is that one CM said they closed the reservation because they are not sure how many units are actually available on each day.

So they are being told not to book/modify to avoid overbooking any unit. And you may arrive at the resort without any availability even with a reservation.

Again I’m only passing on what she told me.
Interesting. That would definitely be a nightmare.

Uh oh. We are getting in pretty late. We booked at 11 months so I’ll be pretty skeeved if we get bumped. Well, if we get a regular room, I'm ok with that, we have a studio booked. But if we are told too bad, so sad here’s your points back.....

Uh oh. We are getting in pretty late. We booked at 11 months so I’ll be pretty skeeved if we get bumped. Well, if we get a regular room, I'm ok with that, we have a studio booked. But if we are told too bad, so sad here’s your points back.....
I would hope they would have this all sorted out before they open up in May.

If there is a problem, I would hope that they would sort it out in the coming few days. Pay someone to go through the last 11 months of reservations that land on the dates in question, tally the availability as you go along, and, if at some point you discover an over allocation, contact the members with the newest bookings, apologize for the error, cancel the reservation, and compensate them with tickets or resort points or ...?

above all, if you need to cancel anyone, do it now, or over the next day or two, so that people have a chance to make alternate plans.

that’s just basic customer service and courtesy when a company makes a mistake, right?

I would hope they would have this all sorted out before they open up in May.

Sometimes double-booking isn't so obvious until the parties involved find out. How many times have you seen two people getting the same seat assignment on a plane?

LAX

Anyone know when dining reservations can be made for Grand Californian restaurants? We have a room reservation for late May (fingers crossed we can get tickets!). Would it be wise to make a dinner reservation for Downtown Disney just in case? How far in advance can we make Downtown Disney reservations?
Thanks!

Well they're doing something on the backend - Pre-April1 when they updated the accessible rooms, they opened APril 29-May 1st dates - and I booked two rooms -- those are canceled :(

Still have May 2 and May 4th dates :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter