The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrived today at WBC - Nothing 2 br deluxe in Tower 6, so we are in 3, but that's definitely OK. It is a really nice suite. I love the property layout and how there is a pool on each side of the tower. Looking forward to hitting up the pirate pool and the mini golf tomorrow!

Are there taxis readily available to use to get to the parks, or do you need to call ahead? Do they pick up by each individual tower?

There is not a taxi stand at the resort, but if you call Mears, they will send one out and it will pick you up at your tower - usually takes about 10 minutes. We used cabs every day to and from the parks and it was so great not to have to wait for a shuttle. You can go at your own schedule. The average price with 15% tip to each park is as follows:

MK: $21
EP: $14
HS: $15
AK: $23
DTD: $15

Does WBC rent or sell the tubes for lazy river? We had to buy 4 of them last month at HBC so I wondered how WBC does it

Does WBC rent or sell the tubes for lazy river? We had to buy 4 of them last month at HBC so I wondered how WBC does it

No they are free....but they don't have tons of them. If you still have the ones from HBC bring them with you.

The WBC lazy rivers are very small in comparison to HBC.

Are the bedrooms dark at wbc? My little guy sleeps in a totally dark room and light wakes him up. Is there something I need to bring to make the room dark?

Thanks!

No they are free....but they don't have tons of them. If you still have the ones from HBC bring them with you. The WBC lazy rivers are very small in comparison to HBC.
Thanks for the info, I didn't realize it was much aller! We will bring them. We are only at WBC for 3 nights then a few days at HBC again (points.) I wonder if they will inflate them for is because I don't want to have to blow up 4 lol.

There is not a taxi stand at the resort, but if you call Mears, they will send one out and it will pick you up at your tower - usually takes about 10 minutes. We used cabs every day to and from the parks and it was so great not to have to wait for a shuttle. You can go at your own schedule. The average price with 15% tip to each park is as follows:

MK: $21
EP: $14
HS: $15
AK: $23
DTD: $15

Awesome! Thank you so much!:flower3:

Hi everyone!:)

I will be staying at Bonnet Creek in a 1 bedroom unit but I am having trouble deciding on a deluxe or presidential.

I would be really grateful if people could share their photos to help me make a decision. I haven't seen any 1 bedroom presidentials at all so those would be really helpful.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!:)

I will be staying at Bonnet Creek in a 1 bedroom unit but I am having trouble deciding on a deluxe or presidential.

I would be really grateful if people could share their photos to help me make a decision. I haven't seen any 1 bedroom presidentials at all so those would be really helpful.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I did a google search *Bonnet Creek Resort pictures of a one bedroom*

and this is one of the results http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels/wyndham-bonnet-creek-resort/photos/one-bedroom-suite/

I knew there were pictures on the internet ... so I used Google.

To me the one bedroom looks like a master bedroom plus a dining table with 4 chairs.

The layout seems much like a 2 bedroom (minus the second bedroom).

I did a google search *Bonnet Creek Resort pictures of a one bedroom*

and this is one of the results http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels/wyndham-bonnet-creek-resort/photos/one-bedroom-suite/

I knew there were pictures on the internet ... so I used Google.

To me the one bedroom looks like a master bedroom plus a dining table with 4 chairs.

The layout seems much like a 2 bedroom (minus the second bedroom).

Great, thanks for that! :thumbsup2

Haven't seen that site before, I live in the UK so Google returns completely different search results.

Just need to see the presidential units now! :goodvibes

We are going over NYE week and I am wondering, other than building 6, where can i request for a view of the HS fireworks? We will be going on the 30th to see the MK ones, but I'd like to see the HS ones on actual NYE from my room because the kids will be asleep. Any room requests I should make?

Thanks in advance!

We were just in a 2-bed deluxe, tower 4, 13th floor, room 1368. We had a perfect view of 3 parks and downtown disney. I told my Dh, "this must be a really hard to get room". We moved though. It was too high up and felt disconnected from the resort.

We are arriving in about a week ! :wizard:

Curious about current recommendations for nearby groceries >> How far is CrossRoads Center? Target? Looking at maps, but with traffic etc. I am not sure what option would be ideal.... I want to go 1x the first day + not again >>>

Many thanks!*
:goodvibes

When you check in they will give you a sheet on grocery stores. We prefer the Publix that is located at 2925 International & US192. You turn left on Buena Vista Dr. Turn left on Victory Way [2nd light] [This will take you by Pops Century & Art of Animation resorts.] Then turn left at Osceola Parkway [2nd light] Exit Parkway on the right for International Drive south. Before the intersection with 192 you will find Publix on the left and a Walgreens on the right.
This route keeps you out of all the construction in the DTD area and also off of I 4 & 192 traffic. I know the written instructions sound complicated but actually you just kind of make a box to head back toward the east. I also use these instructions to reach Osceola to go to Animal Kingdom. Just turn right at Osceola and it takes you straight to Animal Kingdom.

Super Target - turn right on Buena Vista Drive. Turn right immediately onto SR536, follow signs toward Airport. AT SR535, turn right continue to US192. Turn left on US192 and continue and continue East for 1/4 mile. Super Target is on the left. We often stop here on our way in from the airport before we go to check in at WBC. [Note you change from 536 to 535. The two numbers are very close but it is two different streets]

When you check in they will give you a sheet on grocery stores. We prefer the Publix that is located at 2925 International & US192. You turn left on Buena Vista Dr. Turn left on Victory Way [2nd light] [This will take you by Pops Century & Art of Animation resorts.] Then turn left at Osceola Parkway [2nd light] Exit Parkway on the right for International Drive south. Before the intersection with 192 you will find Publix on the left and a Walgreens on the right.
This route keeps you out of all the construction in the DTD area and also off of I 4 & 192 traffic. I know the written instructions sound complicated but actually you just kind of make a box to head back toward the east. I also use these instructions to reach Osceola to go to Animal Kingdom. Just turn right at Osceola and it takes you straight to Animal Kingdom.

Thank you so much..... this + your comment on the Target are both super helpful + I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!* :goodvibes

We are so excited.... about to burst lol.... pixiedust:

We are here now. In Tower 6 on the 11th floor. We are really disappointed. I didn't realize these condos were so poorly insulated.

We can hear the tv from the neighbors on both sides of us. But the worse part is the extreme noise we hear from the unit ABOVE us. Every time they move a chair or close a door or walk around, we hear it. It is loud & annoyingly awful!

We are travelling with 2 small kids and they crashed at 8PM last night after a long day at Disney. Well, at 8:30PM, they woke up (every parent's nightmare!) because it literally sounded like a herd of elephants above us. After listening to the upstairs neighbors for 2 hours, we called the front desk to complain. They said that "quiet hours" don't begin until 11PM. Outrageous!

If you are sensitive to neighborly noise, think twice before booking here!!!!

I believe that Publix has moved over into the entrance of Celebration just down a bit from that intersection of 192 to the west. Not to far. It is now an awesome Super Publix with a larger store and hot food bar. It is our favorite stop. I'm pretty sure the Publix on International Drive (across from Walgreen's) was closed when the new on opened a year ago last fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter