The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Adventive with your planning and the trip. We went with another family last summer and are looking forward to going just ourselves next spring. We had such different interests that after the second day we just split up. It was more of a challenge. I'd definitely suggest coordinating by interests and let them know up front what you are planning to do by park, rides, restaurants, going back to the resort to relax, etc.

Yah, I know that we will be splitting up a bit. They don't want to go to Epcot with the 3yo, but they do want to take her out to Busch Gardens, which we are not interested in. They might want to do other Orlando stuff too, ie Sea World, and I think we want to stick to just Disney. They were just at Disney last year, but this will be our first time with the kids.

Good luck Adventive with your planning and the trip. We went with another family last summer and are looking forward to going just ourselves next spring. We had such different interests that after the second day we just split up. It was more of a challenge. I'd definitely suggest coordinating by interests and let them know up front what you are planning to do by park, rides, restaurants, going back to the resort to relax, etc.

I posted accidently in Part 2. We just booked a 2 br at WBC through RCI. I'm super excited. I was so upset that I couldn't book on property at Disney because even though my timeshare is in CO, the HQ of Legacy Vacation is Orlando and that is what is listed on my RCI account. Disney won't let you book through RCI if your timeshare is within 30 miles. So messed up.

I'm hoping WBC will provide the same or close to, convenience as on-property. Traffic can be a nightmare getting to Disney. Hopefully late-April will be off-season enough to help as well.

You'll love the location of WBC. It's actually more centrally located in the Disney resort area than some of the outlying DVC properties, and drive times, even mid-day, are as good as getting back to any of the onsite hotels. (and possibly quicker if you factor in waiting for the Disney buses)

does anyone know if BC sells Disney tickets, and if they are cheaper than say buying them from Undercover Tourist through the MouseSavers link? I was talking to a friend and she said her timeshare offered tickets at a price cheaper than disney! Just wondered if any of you have any information on this! thanks!

You'll love the location of WBC. It's actually more centrally located in the Disney resort area than some of the outlying DVC properties, and drive times, even mid-day, are as good as getting back to any of the onsite hotels. (and possibly quicker if you factor in waiting for the Disney buses)

Totally agree! It was so easy driving to any park or to DTD with ease. I was amazed at how quickly we were able to get places.

does anyone know if BC sells Disney tickets, and if they are cheaper than say buying them from Undercover Tourist through the MouseSavers link? I was talking to a friend and she said her timeshare offered tickets at a price cheaper than disney! Just wondered if any of you have any information on this! thanks!

I believe that the tickets sold at the Disney desk at Bonnet Creek are full price. They might offer you a discount at check-in, when they try to get you to go to the sales presentation. You can decide if the discount is worth 3 hours of being hit over the head.

I believe that the tickets sold at the Disney desk at Bonnet Creek are full price. They might offer you a discount at check-in, when they try to get you to go to the sales presentation. You can decide if the discount is worth 3 hours of being hit over the head.

ahh,NOPE! I think I'll stick with Undercover Tourist than! :)

Okay, well I convinced everyone to go for the 4 bedroom! I got 3 quotes, which were quite variant.

4 bedroom for 7 night check in Sept 21, 2013:
VacationStrategy: $1179 ($168 per night)
Farrells: $1463 ($209 per night)
VacationUpgrades: $1680 ($240 per night)

So it looks like we are going to go with VacationStrategy, which will make it only $84 per night per family. Not bad!

Question: With the presidential, can we choose our unit up front? It seems like most people are getting assigned rooms at check-in and can make requests up to 2 weeks prior, but I didn't know if there was any difference with the presidential vs deluxe. The reason I ask is that Ken's email specified that there were 3 of these units still available and that he would recommend the one with the inside view vs the conservation views. I just didn't know we had a choice at this point yet. Or does he just have a special something that lets him choose, but not everyone could?

There is an official Disney Ticket desk in the main lobby of the building. It's staffed by Disney CM's and they sell the tickets at the same price as what you would pay at the gate. IMHO, the only advantage of this desk is that if you don't already have your Disney tickets, it gives you a way to get them and avoid the lines at the booths at the park entrances.

Your best bet.....Undercover Tourist.

Okay, well I convinced everyone to go for the 4 bedroom! I got 3 quotes, which were quite variant.

4 bedroom for 7 night check in Sept 21, 2013:
VacationStrategy: $1179 ($168 per night)
Farrells: $1463 ($209 per night)
VacationUpgrades: $1680 ($240 per night)

So it looks like we are going to go with VacationStrategy, which will make it only $84 per night per family. Not bad!

Question: With the presidential, can we choose our unit up front? It seems like most people are getting assigned rooms at check-in and can make requests up to 2 weeks prior, but I didn't know if there was any difference with the presidential vs deluxe. The reason I ask is that Ken's email specified that there were 3 of these units still available and that he would recommend the one with the inside view vs the conservation views. I just didn't know we had a choice at this point yet. Or does he just have a special something that lets him choose, but not everyone could?

Congrats on the convincing. :goodvibes:goodvibes

It can depend on several factors. There are some Presidential units (Such as the 'Presidential Reserve' units) that are booked as specific units up front. Initially those units are only available to Presidential Reserve owners (1,000,000 Wyndham points from the Developer and are deeded differently). They then open up to other Wyndham owners after certain criteria are met (xxx number of days until travel dates or meeting a certain reservation percentage threshhold).

some owners also use tricks to try and get their costs lower.... such as reserving a room now to keep it from being snagged.... but then once the discount periods open up trying to drop the reservation and then rebooking at the discount or getting free upgrades. If they use these tricks to lower their cost (and the cost to you), there is no guarantee that they will manage to get the same room as what they initially booked.... so they may not inform you of specific room booking at first since it could be subject to change when they do their rebooking closer to your travel dates.

We got an email from WBC about tickets and it was about $25 a person ($75 total for three of us) cheaper than UCT and all we have to do is buy them 10 days before check in and we pick them up from will call. I do believe the tickets they are offering us is the 5 day park hopper + water parks and fun.

Anyone know of a good website to buy Universal Studio Tickets?

Looking to get some sort of deal on 2 tickets, 2 day passes

We got an email from WBC about tickets and it was about $25 a person ($75 total for three of us) cheaper than UCT and all we have to do is buy them 10 days before check in and we pick them up from will call. I do believe the tickets they are offering us is the 5 day park hopper + water parks and fun.

Make sure it doesn't require attendance at a sales presentation!

Hi! We are planning our first disney vacation. Ok well my husband has been when he was 6, but I have never been and we are bringing out 2 children who will be almost 7 and 5.

We are going January 28-Feb 1 (staying with the inlaws at their place in florida before and after disney)

They have a timeshare with WBC, so they got our stay with their points.

I want to know how I go about requesting a certain tower or view? Does this happen at check in or can I request it before hand?

We have a 2 bedroom.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi! We are planning our first disney vacation. Ok well my husband has been when he was 6, but I have never been and we are bringing out 2 children who will be almost 7 and 5.

We are going January 28-Feb 1 (staying with the inlaws at their place in florida before and after disney)

They have a timeshare with WBC, so they got our stay with their points.

I want to know how I go about requesting a certain tower or view? Does this happen at check in or can I request it before hand?

We have a 2 bedroom.

Any help is appreciated.

You can request a tower or view at the front desk, or by calling the resort 2 weeks prior to your checkin and seeing if they'll add the request to your reservation.

Remember that this is a request, and is not guaranteed to be honored or available.

I'm trying to piece together a last minute trip to WBC. VS and other commercial brokers are showing no availability for a few of the nights that I need. There are sellers on ebay that have a few days here and a few days there but I'm not finding anyone that holds current reservations for my whole stay.

Could I purchase the days that I need from two separate sellers and then have WBC combine the reservations? I would rather not have to pack everything up, check out and then check back into another condo if at all possible.

Any guidance from all the experts out there would be fabulous. :)

I'm trying to piece together a last minute trip to WBC. VS and other commercial brokers are showing no availability for a few of the nights that I need. There are sellers on ebay that have a few days here and a few days there but I'm not finding anyone that holds current reservations for my whole stay.

Could I purchase the days that I need from two separate sellers and then have WBC combine the reservations? I would rather not have to pack everything up, check out and then check back into another condo if at all possible.

Any guidance from all the experts out there would be fabulous. :)

I don't know if Wyndham would automatically attach the multiple reservations like they tend to do with the extended stays and cross-week multi-reservation stays currently. Since it would be from 2 different owners, the guest name being the same may not be an automatic "oh! that's the same person" like with the above examples. At the very least, You'll likely need to complete a 2nd check-in process because the way the system wouldn't auto-combine them, even if the actual resort doesn't require a room switch.

The bigger issues might be the fact the ebay sellers may not want to split their existing reservation up to give you just the few days as it would make it much harder to do anything with the scraps. Cost wise would also be a big hit for you since each seperate reservation would result in wyndham charging the owner a guest certificate fee, so you could be looking at $120 or so per reservation on top of what they'd want for the actual nights.

I don't know if Wyndham would automatically attach the multiple reservations like they tend to do with the extended stays and cross-week multi-reservation stays currently. Since it would be from 2 different owners, the guest name being the same may not be an automatic "oh! that's the same person" like with the above examples. At the very least, You'll likely need to complete a 2nd check-in process because the way the system wouldn't auto-combine them, even if the actual resort doesn't require a room switch.

The bigger issues might be the fact the ebay sellers may not want to split their existing reservation up to give you just the few days as it would make it much harder to do anything with the scraps. Cost wise would also be a big hit for you since each seperate reservation would result in wyndham charging the owner a guest certificate fee, so you could be looking at $120 or so per reservation on top of what they'd want for the actual nights.

Those partial weeks are a real bugaroo!! :crazy2::crazy2:

I think that in a lot of cases the certificate fee is already rolled into the listings on ebay, but sometimes not. I'll make sure to be clear on that. If I can get two whole weeks (from two different sellers)for a great deal vs. the 1.5 weeks that I would like in my "perfect" scenario, I may just roll the dice and talk with the people at the front desk and pray :worship: that they won't make us change units. I don't mind at all doing the whole check-in procedure again. That would be so much easier than changing units!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter