The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I want to stay at WBC for our trip late-Nov through early-Dec this year. I have reservations at Floridays (almost $1600), but looking around it looks like we can get a 2BR at WBC for like $1100... That is a great savings for us. My only problem is that we need to be able to cancel within a reasonable amount of time or buy a good travel insurance (my husband is in the military and his schedule is unpredictable at best). Recommendations for any companies that fit that bill? TIA!

My only problem is that we need to be able to cancel within a reasonable amount of time or buy a good travel insurance (my husband is in the military and his schedule is unpredictable at best). Recommendations for any companies that fit that bill? TIA!
You would have to get trip insurance in my opinion. The reason is this is a timeshare resort. Inside 15-days, there is a non-refund of points to the owner. Secondly, you would need to work with the owner if canceling is even possible through them. Most would do it. I would guess Vacation Strategy and others do.

I want to stay at WBC for our trip late-Nov through early-Dec this year. I have reservations at Floridays (almost $1600), but looking around it looks like we can get a 2BR at WBC for like $1100... That is a great savings for us. My only problem is that we need to be able to cancel within a reasonable amount of time or buy a good travel insurance (my husband is in the military and his schedule is unpredictable at best). Recommendations for any companies that fit that bill? TIA!

Vacation Strategy has the *Best* cancellation policy of the Timeshare Rental Companies

That is why they have been my first choice the past five years for my WBC Rentals.

Their Cancellation Policy and other useful information concerning a WBC Rental are listed in their FAQ's

What is the cancellation policy?
We understand things come up unexpectedly and do not want our customers to risk any financial loss.

If you should need to cancel your reservation more than 20 days before your check in date, you will receive a full refund.

If you cancel within 20 days of your check in date you will receive a full credit towards a future vacation with us.

Of course I have had to book with others when my dates were not available

But I always feel most comfortable when booking with V/S because of their liberal cancellation policy.

We stayed the second week of November (2015) for ten days and the price was very good.

If your dates are available it is best to put a deposit on it otherwise it may be gone later.

Last edited:
Vacation Upgrades allows cancellation up to 20 days too, but it looks like $99 penalty, not sure exactly what the if reservation has already been transferred to the Renter means -
"Should Renter cancel, Owner agrees to return all monies received (less $99 if reservation has already
been transferred to the Renter). However, Renter is not able to cancel this agreement fewer than 20 days
before the arrival date without forfeiting all monies paid."

Vacation Upgrades is my #2 choice for WBC Rentals

My list is based on my past experience with . . and their Cancellation Policy.

1) Vacation Strategy
2) Vacation Upgrades
3) Farrell's
4) ebay with a reputable seller (based on feedback) etc

with ebay I would generally only purchase there if my vacation was *last minute*

or *unavailable* (via V/S ~ V/U) etc . . or I am 90% sure that my dates are firm.

Because (generally) with ebay it is not possible to cancel after the payment has been received.

I have read on DISboards about a few other reputable sellers that use ebay as their store for sales.

IIRC some of those would be . . Shelby . . Winpoint . magicalholidays . . and more

Last edited:
Thank you all for the recommendations, I will contact those companies! We are totally okay with a 20 day cancellation policy (my husband's schedule is crazy, but at a month out we should be 99% sure the trip will or won't happen). I had just looked at unit on VRBO and they said that they would only refund the money to be used on another stay with them at a later date... I'm not okay with that.

So I was booked for 7 days at WBC and then we were going to move over to Universal for 3 nights in August. We've decided to just do the extra 3 nights at WBC and go over to Universal for the day to go to Volcano Bay. As much as I love Universal I can not wait to settle in to one place for 10 nights instead of moving hotels.
I'm already thinking about making room requests. I'd like to have a lagoon view this time if I can. Last time we had parking garage view. I won't be upset either way, but I'm thinking it can't hurt to ask and be willing to wait. We'll be checking in just before noon. We could always go for lunch and wander around downtown Disney or go for a swim if we end up waiting.
I suppose I am getting ahead of myself .. still six months to go for Bonnet Creek and Disney.

So I was booked for 7 days at WBC and then we were going to move over to Universal for 3 nights in August. We've decided to just do the extra 3 nights at WBC and go over to Universal for the day to go to Volcano Bay. As much as I love Universal I can not wait to settle in to one place for 10 nights instead of moving hotels.
I'm already thinking about making room requests. I'd like to have a lagoon view this time if I can. Last time we had parking garage view. I won't be upset either way, but I'm thinking it can't hurt to ask and be willing to wait. We'll be checking in just before noon. We could always go for lunch and wander around downtown Disney or go for a swim if we end up waiting.
I suppose I am getting ahead of myself .. still six months to go for Bonnet Creek and Disney.

Can someone tell me if my plan might work: On check in morning, Saturday, 11/4, our family goes to Animal Kingdom for Rope Drop....at about 11, wife and I leave AK and drive to WBC. We request 2 rooms near each other, hoping for Tower 1 with lagoon view.....we will probably be told we have to wait....we say, OK, call us when ready.....I am thinking it will be at least 2 - 3 hours, so we head back to AK. We leave AK at close, like 5, and go back to WBC and finish checking in.

First question is, will WBC let us wait 2 - 4 hours from the time they call us to tell us our rooms are ready until we show up to claim our rooms????? And has anyone done this before and has it worked for them?

I am afraid if we wait until 5:45 to check in, our room options will be limited.

Thoughts? Suggestions?????

Since no rooms are assigned until the "day of arrival", it will be first come first serve. Since you have 2 rooms you want together, getting there early for check in would be better off. You'd be better off getting there at 7AM, check in with your requirements, and then head to rope drop. Then whenever your rooms are ready, you are good to go back and get the room keys.

I was curious what a good rate for the 4 bedroom Presidential was? Someone on eBay has it listed for 2,900 which I thought was a little much...so curious what I should offer them. It is for 7 nights the end of April.

Can someone fill me in on WBC just in general? I'm hoping to have a party of 12 visit sometime next year and, though I'd love to stay "on property", parties of 12 are $$$ to house! The 4 bedroom at WBC looks very tempting, especially considering it's right in the middle of a bunch of "disney" resorts so it doesn't really feel "off site." Here are my main concerns:

1. no lifeguards at the pools? do they have the free life vests like disney does?

2. how busy is it constantly? the pics i see make it look like it's booked up all the time. is that accurate?

3. how hard is it to book a 4Br? I'm looking at the site and it's not showing me any availability at all!

4. I've stayed at a wyndham elsewhere before and didn't think much of it (near miami) so I'm nervous about the quality, though the pictures look great. How does it compare to a disney moderate?

Any thoughts on this for me? TIA!

I can't help with all of your questions but here are my thoughts on some of them:

2. how busy is it constantly? the pics i see make it look like it's booked up all the time. is that accurate?
I don't think anyone here is privy to how close to capacity the resort is booked at all times, but every time I've been no matter the season the resort is bustling. Bear in mind the resort is all timeshare suites at a minimum of 800 sq ft each, so the occupancy even at 100% doesn't feel as crowded as a standard hotel because you simply don't have as many people per square feet. The pools have been busy when we have visited but we've always been able to get chairs after making a lap or two around the pool area.

I'm looking at the site and it's not showing me any availability at all!
The Wyndham site? I would not book there. Read through the past few pages to see some good discussion about who we've all booked through. Wyndham may not have availability of 4 bedrooms if the owners at the resort have reserved them all. Plus the Wyndham price is going to be exorbitant compared to what you'll get from a third party.

I've stayed at a wyndham elsewhere before and didn't think much of it (near miami) so I'm nervous about the quality, though the pictures look great. How does it compare to a disney moderate?
My opinion of the rooms is really high- we've stayed at WBC 4 or 5 times and I thought the quality was reflected well in the photos. In my personal opinion WBC blows Disney moderates out of the water but I have only stayed at Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside (we normally stay Deluxe or at WBC and I feel WBC is more like a Disney deluxe)

1. no lifeguards at the pools? do they have the free life vests like disney does?

3. how hard is it to book a 4Br? I'm looking at the site and it's not showing me any availability at all!

4. I've stayed at a wyndham elsewhere before and didn't think much of it (near miami) so I'm nervous about the quality, though the pictures look great. How does it compare to a disney moderate?

Any thoughts on this for me? TIA!

When I was there, I do not recall any lifeguards on duty. I do know there was an attendant for the slide. We were there during a Value season.

Busy? That really depends on season. Prime seasons are going to be much more busy than Value. I was there during Value season and it was not busy at all.

Booking a 4BR has a lot to do with Platinum VIP members. They know it is a hot resort. They can book, rent them for a large amount, or cancel/rebook for half. They do it as a business and it pays quite good for them.

I only stayed in a Deluxe but have seen the Pres suites. I would put the Deluxe up there with the quality of any DVC room. I would put Pres above any DVC room except the VIP Concierge rooms at the big resorts. There is nothing lacking at this resort. I ran into only 2 problems. The first was they gave us keys to a room already occupied. The people were nice and knew we didn't do anything wrong. WBC took care of it immediately and met us at our new room. Second, the key cards would demagnetize often. They would run out to the building with new keys to replace them.

Welcome to Part 4 of The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread!

Hat tip to all those who started these threads and kept them going:
Lisa0620, SparKeLLy, vettechick99, donaldduck352, Disfan15, Cdn Gal, and many more!

Here are the links to the old threads (I highly recommend reading at least the first post on each):

Part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2114303

Part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2739937

Part 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

Here are the links to some other useful threads:

Bonnet Creek Photos
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2701195

Bonnet Creek Pay it Forward
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3155751

I've personally stayed at WBC twice and will be staying there again in July 2015. My family and I love it!

Here is some general information about the resort (copied from the previous threads - thanks again!):

Address:
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
9560 Via Encinas, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Map View
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46103273&postcount=3524

What/Where is Bonnet Creek?
Bonnet Creek Resort is a 70-acre area located in the southeast corner of Walt Disney World. It is not owned by Disney, but is bordered on three sides by Disney-owned land. The entrance is located just east of the entrance to Disney’s Caribbean Beach resort. The concept was to set up a cluster of luxury hotels. There is currently a Wyndham timeshare resort: Wyndham Bonnet Creek (the focus of this thread), the Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Bonnet Creek complex, and an 18 hole golf course.

How do I make a reservation at Bonnet Creek?
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is a timeshare resort. You can rent units from Wyndham timeshare owners. People on this thread have had luck with rentals from ebay, through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, through Vacation Strategy www.vacationstrategy.com, Farrell's Vacations, and others.

The best price is available when you book within 60 days of your trip. If you make a reservation through Ken Price at www.vacationupgrades.com, he will automatically check at the 60-day point if there is still availability and rebook you at the lower rate.

Vacation Strategy has an excellent cancellation policy (which is why I've used them personally).

You can also reserve online through Wyndham, but if you reserve through Wyndham, you will be paying much more than what you would pay renting from an owner.
wyndhambonnetcreek.com or call: 800-610-9558

Is there a parking fee at the resort?
Parking is free at Bonnet Creek but you will have to pay to park at the theme parks.

Is there a shuttle from the airport to the resort?
No, a rental car is recommended.

Can we walk to the Caribbean Beach Resort and use their transportation?
No, although the resorts are next to each other, there is no safe walking path between them.

Does Bonnet Creek provide transportation to the parks and Downtown Disney?
Yes, there is a shuttle. It used to be free, but now there is a charge for it. There is one bus for both MK and Epcot and another for DHS and Animal Kingdom. If you use the ‘Search This Thread’ feature there are several shuttle schedules posted on this thread and the old ones. Some people report good experience with the shuttles, but the majority recommend renting a car.

What is included with the units?
A kitchen with full sized appliances, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, TV and DVD in the living room, TV’s in each bedroom (flat screens only in the newer buildings.)

The closet of the master bedroom contains a wall safe, which might fit a smaller laptop.

The kitchens come fully stocked with dishes, flatware, knives, basic pots and pans, colander, hand mixer, blender, toaster, coffee maker (takes cone style filters), standard gadgets: corkscrew, can opener, cheese grater, pizza cutter, ice cream scoop. The units come stocked with a few days worth of coffee, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and laundry soap. The bathrooms have trial sized toiletries and a wall mount hair dryer. Refills of all supplies are available at the front desk for free.

Is there daily maid service?
No. You can request a cleaning during your stay for a fee, but it is not otherwise provided. You are expected to wash your own towels during your stay. (There are towels provided at the pool for swimming.) There will be instructions in the unit for check out day: you are asked to strip the beds, put all the linens in the bathroom and empty your trash into the hallway chute.

Are the pools heated?
Yes, except the kiddie pools near the main building have been reported as not being heated.

Are there towels at the pool?
Yes. Pick up and drop off right at the poolside.

Is there Internet and what is the cost?
There is now free wifi available in the rooms.

How to get wifi at the resort
After you check-in you will recieve a small booklet. In there will provide you with the wifi password.

Will you have to attend a timeshare tour?
No. After you check in, you will be asked to visit another desk to pick up your parking pass. They will ask you some questions which you can choose to answer or not. You will be asked to sign up for a tour. I have declined each trip and never been asked again.

How can I buy into Bonnet Creek/Wyndham properties?
Check out the tug groups at www.tug2.com. Also, there has been some chatter on this thread about points and fees. Read throughout or check out the random posts on pages 13-16.

How to avoid timeshare people
I skipped the "Parking Desk" on both trips and never had any problems. Alternatively, go to the timeshare desk they will ask you some questions. Just tell them that your spouse isn't with you and/or mark the lowest income box on their form.

Activities
There are activities going on everyday at the resort. There should be an activity schedule posted in each building. Also there are kid activities at the Grand's pool at around 12 pm. They get a special treat after the activity at the Grand hotel.

Shops/Restaurants/Bars on the resort
Starbucks coffee brewers in the main building Deep Blu seafood restaurant in the Grand hotel Bar at the Grand pool Gift shop in the main building and more!

Requesting rooms, views, etc.
You can request a lot of things at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. You can request tower, view, floor(low, middle, high), etc. They are under no obligation to honor your requests, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Hi! I am booking a 4 bedroom with someone and this was in disclosure. Is this normal?? Should I be worried about loosing the room?

"However, since it is in a holding account, it will undergo re-processing approx. 60 days prior to check-in. There is a remote chance that we could lose the unit during the re-processing. Since it is not a prime holiday or during a prime season, those chances are extremely remote, but we need to disclose that to you."

Hi! I am booking a 4 bedroom with someone and this was in disclosure. Is this normal?? Should I be worried about loosing the room?

"However, since it is in a holding account, it will undergo re-processing approx. 60 days prior to check-in. There is a remote chance that we could lose the unit during the re-processing. Since it is not a prime holiday or during a prime season, those chances are extremely remote, but we need to disclose that to you."

Yes, it is possible to lose the reservation. This person is booking to hold the room out of inventory, cancel it at the 60-day mark, then rebook the canceled room with significantly less points. It is possible that 4BR Pres gets swooped up by someone else online at the same time. Odds of it happening? Very low, but there is a possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter