The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Just taking a minute to say that we’re here now for the first time and the resort is amazing! Easy to get to parks etc via Uber/Lyft and the apartments are great. We’re in tower 5, which I’m told has recently been updated.

We have a booking at Pop Century for 2 weeks over Christmas, however seriously considering staying here again if we can get a booking.

Where do you catch the uber/lyft? I've only used these services from an onsite hotel, so wasn't sure if you walk to the lobby to catch one or outside your building

I have an RCI timeshare with an ongoing search for a Disney resort. If I’m unable to get that I’d be very interested in this one. A few questions, what is the cheapest way to get from MCO for 2 people, and any idea how much? Also, I see there is some park shuttle availability, is there any way to walk over to Disney Springs? Or anywhere for that matter? If not does the Minnie Van work here?

Last edited:
1. Probably Uber or Lyft
2. No, you cannot walk to DS. There aren't any sidewalks on the main streets to safely do so; it's about 2.5 miles from WBC driving distance. There's only sidewalk to Hilton BC and partially up the entrance road for a running route in the immediate area.
3. Yes, Minnie Van service is available at WBC.

Found a summer rate of $850 for 5 days at BC and I'm leaning towards booking it, then splurging for 2-3 days on property to fill out our week (unfortunately for FPs has to be after BC). The "Pros" I've identified are the attractive BC rate and getting 60-day FPs before the Disney resort date vs 30-days prior to BC -- oh, and of course "Disney Magic" 24 hrs/day for 2 days. The "Cons" are having to pack up (family of 4) mid-vacay, and downsizing (likely losing the kitchen).

Thoughts on other considerations I'm missing? Would you do it? We'll likely choose a monorail resort or possibly AKL. Also, this will be our first BC stay.

Thanks in advance.

Found a summer rate of $850 for 5 days at BC and I'm leaning towards booking it, then splurging for 2-3 days on property to fill out our week (unfortunately for FPs has to be after BC). The "Pros" I've identified are the attractive BC rate and getting 60-day FPs before the Disney resort date vs 30-days prior to BC -- oh, and of course "Disney Magic" 24 hrs/day for 2 days. The "Cons" are having to pack up (family of 4) mid-vacay, and downsizing (likely losing the kitchen).

Thoughts on other considerations I'm missing? Would you do it? We'll likely choose a monorail resort or possibly AKL. Also, this will be our first BC stay.

Thanks in advance.
As you pointed out, the main factors are space and cost. To get the same room size at Disney that you do at WBC would be extremely costly.

What are the considerations?

For only a 2-night stay on property, you may get any of the coveted FPs you can't get at 30 days, so don't be disappointed.

Moving resorts can sometimes not go over well with the rest of your party, who may prefer the extra space and amenities at WBC after living there for five nights. Kids often don't have the same pixie dust in their eyes adults do about staying at a Disney resort. They are just mad they've been torn away from the lazy river.

Then there is the risk of a spouse or someone else asking, "why are staying here when the last place was better and cost way less?" That could leave a sour taste.

Hi there,
Long time lurker, first time poster. My fiancé’s family has stayed at bonnet creek due to have timeshare points. We are interested in staying there but renting through VBRO or Air BnB. If we book through them, would we still get the “Disney perks” 60 day out fast pass, etc?

Hi there,
Long time lurker, first time poster. My fiancé’s family has stayed at bonnet creek due to have timeshare points. We are interested in staying there but renting through VBRO or Air BnB. If we book through them, would we still get the “Disney perks” 60 day out fast pass, etc?
No, and neither would your fiance’s family. The advantage of WBC is proximity and space for the price - but there are no Disney perks (such as 60 day fastpass, extra magic hours, free magic bands, room charging at the parks, magical express, free bus transportation, etc) when you stay at the Wyndham Vacation Ownership Resort (timeshare). The properties at Bonnet Creek that are eligible for some (but not all) of the Disney perks are the Hilton and the Waldorf Astoria.

Edited to add: WELCOME! We all love WBC here and think the lack of “perks” is worth it. If you have other questions please feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Your WBC quote averages out to $170 a night, which I’m guessing includes taxes. That’s the equivalent of a room rate of $151 per night plus 12.5 % tax, to say nothing of the parking fees Disney charges now (as I’m not sure whether you’d have a car if you were staying onsite the whole time). If we had a budget concern and doing a split stay with WBC would allow us to stay longer and stay Deluxe for the Disney part, I’d absolutely do it. I find WBC similar in amenities and room condition/features as Saratoga Springs, for example.

I guess I’m thinking you can spend $135ish per night plus tax and parking on a Disney value resort, or pay the same money for Bonnet Creek. I would take Bonnet Creek if I was staying a whole week - but then again I wouldn’t want to stay in a value resort with a family of 4. If your choice is a moderate the whole week or a BC/deluxe split, I’d find that a harder choice.

Your WBC quote averages out to $170 a night, which I’m guessing includes taxes. That’s the equivalent of a room rate of $151 per night plus 12.5 % tax, to say nothing of the parking fees Disney charges now (as I’m not sure whether you’d have a car if you were staying onsite the whole time). If we had a budget concern and doing a split stay with WBC would allow us to stay longer and stay Deluxe for the Disney part, I’d absolutely do it. I find WBC similar in amenities and room condition/features as Saratoga Springs, for example.

I guess I’m thinking you can spend $135ish per night plus tax and parking on a Disney value resort, or pay the same money for Bonnet Creek. I would take Bonnet Creek if I was staying a whole week - but then again I wouldn’t want to stay in a value resort with a family of 4. If your choice is a moderate the whole week or a BC/deluxe split, I’d find that a harder choice.
Thank you for the reply. My choice is whether to take advantage of this attractive BC rate now and use the savings toward a deluxe resort for the remaining 2 nights, or wait for an attractive 7-day rate at BC for our mid-July stay.

I wouldn't put my family through the pain of a mid-vacay hotel change unless I knew they would think it's worth it, and only the deluxe resorts give me that confidence. I have my eyes on Poly bungalows which are ~$500/night with the current 25% off offer. The savings on this BC rate over my next best rate nearly pay for 1 Poly night. I think BC & Poly make a nice combination for the family, just hoping I'm taking everything into consideration...

I have my eyes on Poly bungalows which are ~$500/night with the current 25% off offer. The savings on this BC rate over my next best rate nearly pay for 1 Poly night.
Uh, those would not be the bungalows, but the DVC studios at the Poly.

Also, please use "WBC" as "BC" is generally the abbreviation for the Beach Club, and it can get confusing. Also, if you use BC for "Bonnet Creek" that can theoretically mean any of the hotels in the Bonnet Creek area, not just WBC. :confused::crazy:o_O

Uh, those would not be the bungalows, but the DVC studios at the Poly.

Also, please use "WBC" as "BC" is generally the abbreviation for the Beach Club, and it can get confusing. Also, if you use BC for "Bonnet Creek" that can theoretically mean any of the hotels in the Bonnet Creek area, not just WBC. :confused::crazy:o_O

Uh, thanks Ed - I wish you were as focused on responding to my actual question as you are at correcting me. I tell my kids all the time, if all you do is correct people, no one will want to be around you.

Thank you for the reply. My choice is whether to take advantage of this attractive BC rate now and use the savings toward a deluxe resort for the remaining 2 nights, or wait for an attractive 7-day rate at BC for our mid-July stay.

I wouldn't put my family through the pain of a mid-vacay hotel change unless I knew they would think it's worth it, and only the deluxe resorts give me that confidence. I have my eyes on Poly bungalows which are ~$500/night with the current 25% off offer. The savings on this BC rate over my next best rate nearly pay for 1 Poly night. I think BC & Poly make a nice combination for the family, just hoping I'm taking everything into consideration...
What about staying at WBC for the 7 nights and using the money saved from not booking the deluxe disney resort towards one of the after hours events? (Assuming some are running during your trip).

Uh, thanks Ed - I wish you were as focused on responding to my actual question as you are at correcting me. I tell my kids all the time, if all you do is correct people, no one will want to be around you.

Agree about the correcting, but it's actually good info, I was confused. It is confusing in general to everyone that there are many properties with "Bonnet Creek" attached!

I've actually been thinking about doing exactly what you're suggesting with the Poly in December for a significant birthday trip, since the Poly was where we stayed when I was little, but I am having a super hard time spending more on two nights than I would on the other five...so my plan is to stay at WBC for $759 for seven nights, and then go spend some time at the Poly on the bars and the beach! At first I wanted to use this trip sans kids to stay at a Disney hotel, but I like WBC and the price so much, I can't bring myself to do it! Instead I'm putting money toward doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, maybe the Christmas party, and other special experiences in the parks and restaurants that we've never done before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter