The "Wheelchairs Are Not Lame" Thread

I see what you mean. If it helps you accept things, then I say more power to you. It's just I have been a paraplegic since I was 6 and it's really hard to remember being newly injured.

For example, when I was 22, I had graduated college and worked for a mental health agency. I would have felt silly and very unprofessional if I decorated my chair in any way, same as I would today. But if I had just been injured and learning to adjust in a wheelchair, I might feel differently.

I do not have to use a chair full time yet, so this is really for social life, (zoo mall, etc) and of course, disney. i am a secretary right now, but i am going back to school soon for my masters, so i feel like i can be a little silly when i am a student.

when i get my "real" chair, one that is going to be an all-day chair, i will get one more sedate that is appropriate in any situation.

Meh, to each his own. I just want people to take me seriously and I don't think a neon, bumper-stickered chair would do it for me.

well i never said i was going to have a neon chair - in fact, i want my chair to be black or dark purple or some other dark color. and i woudlnt have tons of tacky bumper stickers on it, just a white outline of tinkerbell on an otherwise black back... so i want my chair to be "me" but i am not going to go overboard

I was being facetious calling it "neon" and "bumper-stickered."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter