The Wish is probably a one and done for us.

Did any of you have problems with your fridge? Mine did not get very cold.

For a little background we did a b2b on the Wish's February 3rd and 6th cruises and these were our 25th and 26th on DCL and first time on the Wish. Just my wife amd myself. We tried to go on this trip with an open mind but every day was a new challenge. To start we didn’t like having to walk around the building coming from the resort buss. Pre covid you would always use the side entrance so I’m not sure what that change was about. We were underwhelmed with the Wish’s Grand Hall. Reminded me of hotel in Las Vegas and not a cruise ship. Headed to Marceline Market where most stations are not self serve and it can’t be for health safety because no servers behind the counter were wearing gloves and you have to hand them your already germ infested plate. Portion control maybe? Didn’t like that either particularly when I wanted some of the shrimp and they were doling 2 at a time. It seemed like you had to walk a third of the ship to get to all the stations. They also weren't very diligent on getting people to wash their hands, we saw many families just walking straight through. Got to the stateroom 8118 about 2PM and found storage for 2 adults adequate but any more people in the stateroom could be a challenge to find places to fit your things. Split bathroom and the shower room is so much nicer however the toilet room seems smaller than the other ships. The biggest issue we had is the layout and size of most venues. Too choppy and no flow. Adult venues are all over so we didn’t find that convenient. If you go to Cove Café and its rainy out you will get wet. Hyperspace lounge seems unfinished and no draft beer. I guess they don’t have that in space. The food in the MDRs was OK and just a weird thing with Worlds of Marvel dinner show where Antman and the Wasp were replaced by Spiderman for the live portion at the end. The head server said Antman and Wasp were too adult whatever that meant. Went to Palo’s for dinner one cruise and brunch the other. We dislike the dinner prefix menu and the absence of the buffet portion of the brunch. We get it free since we are Platinum otherwise wouldn’t pay for it. Not a fan of the this version of the Little Mermaid show. Theater seats are not comfortable if your over 5’10. Movie theater venues are super small. Castaway Cay seemed too small for this ship especially with the 2nd cruise when we had better weather. The line for food at the Serenity Bay BBQ was wrapped around to where the bathrooms are. On the Wish they never contacted us on either cruise to ask what Platinum gift we wanted. When I called they said they sent a notification through the app which was a lie because other Platinum members have had the same issue. We really wanted to like the ship but unless they can change thing that is probably it for us.
So you are saying there's a chance.

Hardly a ringing endorsement. I kind of expect the ship to be clean (top 20 while nice, isn't important to me). Better adult pools, adult night spaces, and all of the other design issues with Wish are much more relevant to me.
Well, I find it odd that the Fantasy, Dream and Wonder didn't make the list, but the newest and oldest Disney ships did.
I did find the rat infestations on some ships to be distrubing. With Norovirus, covid, and Legionnaires continuing to be a problem for cruise lines, I kind of find a clean ship a bigger priority.

Last edited:
Well, I find it odd that the Fantasy, Dream and Wonder didn't make the list, but the newest and oldest Disney ships did.
I did find the rat infestations on some ships to be distrubing. With Norovirus, covid, and Legionnaires continuing to be a problem for cruise lines, I kind of find a clean ship a bigger priority.
Does that mean you wouldn't book a cruise on Fantasy, Dream or Wonder, because they weren't in the top 20?

Personally, I'd go on any of the three, or Magic, because I've been on them and I know they're plenty clean. The Wish I wouldn't go on unless and until they made substantial modifications to it to improve the areas I find are not desirable in a cruise ship. Even if was ranked #1 cleanest ship on record ever.

Does that mean you wouldn't book a cruise on Fantasy, Dream or Wonder, because they weren't in the top 20?

Personally, I'd go on any of the three, or Magic, because I've been on them and I know they're plenty clean. The Wish I wouldn't go on unless and until they made substantial modifications to it to improve the areas I find are not desirable in a cruise ship. Even if was ranked #1 cleanest ship on record ever.
Not booking any cruises on any line right now. Waiting for things to settle down.

For a little background we did a b2b on the Wish's February 3rd and 6th cruises and these were our 25th and 26th on DCL and first time on the Wish. Just my wife amd myself. We tried to go on this trip with an open mind but every day was a new challenge. To start we didn’t like having to walk around the building coming from the resort buss. Pre covid you would always use the side entrance so I’m not sure what that change was about. We were underwhelmed with the Wish’s Grand Hall. Reminded me of hotel in Las Vegas and not a cruise ship. Headed to Marceline Market where most stations are not self serve and it can’t be for health safety because no servers behind the counter were wearing gloves and you have to hand them your already germ infested plate. Portion control maybe? Didn’t like that either particularly when I wanted some of the shrimp and they were doling 2 at a time. It seemed like you had to walk a third of the ship to get to all the stations. They also weren't very diligent on getting people to wash their hands, we saw many families just walking straight through. Got to the stateroom 8118 about 2PM and found storage for 2 adults adequate but any more people in the stateroom could be a challenge to find places to fit your things. Split bathroom and the shower room is so much nicer however the toilet room seems smaller than the other ships. The biggest issue we had is the layout and size of most venues. Too choppy and no flow. Adult venues are all over so we didn’t find that convenient. If you go to Cove Café and its rainy out you will get wet. Hyperspace lounge seems unfinished and no draft beer. I guess they don’t have that in space. The food in the MDRs was OK and just a weird thing with Worlds of Marvel dinner show where Antman and the Wasp were replaced by Spiderman for the live portion at the end. The head server said Antman and Wasp were too adult whatever that meant. Went to Palo’s for dinner one cruise and brunch the other. We dislike the dinner prefix menu and the absence of the buffet portion of the brunch. We get it free since we are Platinum otherwise wouldn’t pay for it. Not a fan of the this version of the Little Mermaid show. Theater seats are not comfortable if your over 5’10. Movie theater venues are super small. Castaway Cay seemed too small for this ship especially with the 2nd cruise when we had better weather. The line for food at the Serenity Bay BBQ was wrapped around to where the bathrooms are. On the Wish they never contacted us on either cruise to ask what Platinum gift we wanted. When I called they said they sent a notification through the app which was a lie because other Platinum members have had the same issue. We really wanted to like the ship but unless they can change things that is probably it for us.
We totally agree, and more problems. Never again.

Did any of you have problems with your fridge? Mine did not get very cold.
Do not remember what was on the Wish when we sailed in November. We did not use the "fridge". I do remember on the other Disney ships it is not a fridge. It is more of a wine cooler which does not get as cold as a refrigerator.

For a little background we did a b2b on the Wish's February 3rd and 6th cruises and these were our 25th and 26th on DCL and first time on the Wish. Just my wife amd myself. We tried to go on this trip with an open mind but every day was a new challenge. To start we didn’t like having to walk around the building coming from the resort buss. Pre covid you would always use the side entrance so I’m not sure what that change was about. We were underwhelmed with the Wish’s Grand Hall. Reminded me of hotel in Las Vegas and not a cruise ship. Headed to Marceline Market where most stations are not self serve and it can’t be for health safety because no servers behind the counter were wearing gloves and you have to hand them your already germ infested plate. Portion control maybe? Didn’t like that either particularly when I wanted some of the shrimp and they were doling 2 at a time. It seemed like you had to walk a third of the ship to get to all the stations. They also weren't very diligent on getting people to wash their hands, we saw many families just walking straight through. Got to the stateroom 8118 about 2PM and found storage for 2 adults adequate but any more people in the stateroom could be a challenge to find places to fit your things. Split bathroom and the shower room is so much nicer however the toilet room seems smaller than the other ships. The biggest issue we had is the layout and size of most venues. Too choppy and no flow. Adult venues are all over so we didn’t find that convenient. If you go to Cove Café and its rainy out you will get wet. Hyperspace lounge seems unfinished and no draft beer. I guess they don’t have that in space. The food in the MDRs was OK and just a weird thing with Worlds of Marvel dinner show where Antman and the Wasp were replaced by Spiderman for the live portion at the end. The head server said Antman and Wasp were too adult whatever that meant. Went to Palo’s for dinner one cruise and brunch the other. We dislike the dinner prefix menu and the absence of the buffet portion of the brunch. We get it free since we are Platinum otherwise wouldn’t pay for it. Not a fan of the this version of the Little Mermaid show. Theater seats are not comfortable if your over 5’10. Movie theater venues are super small. Castaway Cay seemed too small for this ship especially with the 2nd cruise when we had better weather. The line for food at the Serenity Bay BBQ was wrapped around to where the bathrooms are. On the Wish they never contacted us on either cruise to ask what Platinum gift we wanted. When I called they said they sent a notification through the app which was a lie because other Platinum members have had the same issue. We really wanted to like the ship but unless they can change things that is probably it for us.
Thank you for your commentary. We cancelled our Wish cruise based on these same comments. Your observations just solidified our decision.

It looks like the standard inside on the Wish is approximately 15 sq feet smaller than the standard inside on the Wonder. The Wish does not offer a deluxe or split bathroom version of inside staterooms on the Wish.

I could feel the difference, and it was definitely smaller. I know there are a few different layouts, so some might feel bigger than others. Also, the bathroom is gorgeous but seemed smaller due to the layout. And the storage was very limited.

I was in the Navy, so I have zero issues with staying in an inside and usually do to allow me to cruise more often. However, I think it would be tough to have a family of four in an inside for a longer cruise. Three or Four nights would be cramped but doable.
I agree with you on this. My daughter and I just got back from a 4-night on the Wish, my second cruise on the Wish and 12th with DCL. I guess I just wasn't paying attention when booking the cruise and assumed our inside stateroom (6195) would have the split-bath configuration, but it didn't, and thank goodness it was just the two of us and not an additional adult. It felt way smaller than our 7-night inside on the Fantasy nearly 8 years ago which did have the split bath. I think after this cruise whenever we book the 3 or 4 nights on the Wish we will only book veranda staterooms from now on.

Not a fan of the Wish either. I thought I would like the atrium from seeing photos, but in person I didn't care for it. Also thought the ship was dark and venues small and chopped up. Booked an 11A without a split bath for two based upon cost. Very narrow stateroom and bath. And the elevators are very narrow and poorly designed. Someone almost always backs up against the buttons and we end up stopping on every floor. One and done for me too. Too pricey for what you get. Prefer the classics. Also been enjoying Carnival and Princess at a much better price.

Not a fan of the Wish either. I thought I would like the atrium from seeing photos, but in person I didn't care for it. Also thought the ship was dark and venues small and chopped up. Booked an 11A without a split bath for two based upon cost. Very narrow stateroom and bath. And the elevators are very narrow and poorly designed. Someone almost always backs up against the buttons and we end up stopping on every floor. One and done for me too. Too pricey for what you get. Prefer the classics. Also been enjoying Carnival and Princess at a much better price.
The Wish looks beautiful but given most of the reviews and the prices for just 3 or 4 nights, I'm either going to pass or wait a couple of years. Just not for me. The Wonder is my favorite but she is no longer sailing the Atlantic. The other three ships are still fantastic.

I know Carnival isn't for everyone, but their new ships are very nice. The Vista is coming to PC next year and I have heard great things about that class and the prices are good. As much as I'd love to do Disney every single time, that's not always realistic.

We sailed on the 2/20, 4 night Wish but I just read this post now. I find it interesting as we too were a party of 2 adults on our 25th Disney Cruise (29th cruise overall). From the early days of reviews of the Wish I felt it was great for families with young kids, or first time cruisers, not seasoned cruisers or parties of adults only. After actually experiencing it I can confirm that is my opinion.

To touch on some of your points, while I thought the Grand Hall was pretty, my biggest surprise was no one cheering as we boarded. We got our name announced but then that was it...right on to the next party. No line of CMs happy to see us. :( I know it is a very little thing but it really got you pumped up upon boarding and I immediately noticed it missing. Also, the costume of the announcer was not the Cruise look, but more of a Fairy Tale look. It gave a different vibe.

I too prefer the self serve buffet so that was sort of annoying, especially when some portions, like the breads were self serve. While I missed my old favorite foods, overall I felt the food quality was maybe a step up, however the 2 days we did lunch at MM I felt it lacking. The Festival of Foods was a wonderful addition!

I went in knowing I would not like the dinner shows. Honestly, Arendelle was not too bothersome. I think the performers "read the room" and just waved at us as they visited other tables. Marvel, again I will start by saying I have 0 interest in Marvel and actually dislike all that stuff. I felt I would be able to avoid the videos. Unfortunately they were very loud (we were right next to one), and something else I hadn't heard of and I'm surprised, the huge bugs on the screens while eating my appetizer. Who thought that was a good idea? Maybe the same person who designed the jogging track? But yeah, looking at bugs at dinner...absolutely gross!

I can't comment on the room as we booked a 9D GTY and got an accessible room...TONS of space! As much as I loved it I almost wished I had a regular room so I could have experienced it.

We often see reports here of the layout being bad. I didn't think that would be an issue...just learn the ship. No biggie! I have to say, after 4 days I was still confused. I didn't like having the adult activities just thrown in wherever. Not only was it harder to figure out where I had to go and then find the way, but it made it easier for kids to pop in, which we had happen quite a few times over just 4 nights. In one instance we were at an event at Luna and everyone heard kids voices from the balcony. The host stopped and nicely told them they had to leave. They looked at her. She said it again, very sweetly. The Dad then leaned over and said "Oh its ok, they are just listening, not participating". :sad2: You could tell the host did not know what to do. Obviously she couldn't fight with the guy in front of a packed lounge, but, by right.... She just sort of said "Oooo-K" and went on. I feel if all the adult bars were secluded like the other ships, that would not have happened.

The adult pool/bar/deck area...UGH! No lounge chairs to lay in the sun unless you go out to the sides. From there not only was the sun blocked by the Aqua Mouse but I could hear the movie from the Dumbotron, the life guards whistle, and occasional kids screaming. I missed that nice soft music I usually listen to on the side decks near Satellite Falls. No seats at the Cove Bar! Most afternoons we spend sitting at the bar having a cocktail, where we have met some wonderful bartenders and had some fun with guests over the years. That is not an option here. In the end I found deck 14 forward, while not adult only, was more enjoyable, quieter, with more loungers in the sun. We also were able to sit at Currents Bar and chat with the bartenders and other guests too. I feel that area should adult only too.

We too did not get offered a Platinum Gift. We asked our stateroom host who said to call. We did and were told they don't just give them out now you have to ask. Is it really a gift if you have to ask??? :rolleyes: Between that and losing automatic Boarding Group 1, I really feel they are forgetting about their loyal guests.

We didn't see a movie but felt the WD Theater seats were OK. We are 5 4 and 5 10 though, not very tall.

Cast Members were all top notch! I can't say enough good there. Some even were able to work some magic for us which helped me enjoy the cruise more.

Overall we had a good time, it was a cruise, how can it be bad, but we didn't love the Wish like the other ships. It definitely would not be my choice in the future, unless I had a reason (like family all sailing on it and wanting to go along). Also if the Treasure ends up being the same, I don't feel the need to try that one. I really hope they keep at least 1 of the Dream Class ships going out of FL.

Last edited:
We sailed on the 2/20, 4 night Wish but I just read this post now. I find it interesting as we too were a party of 2 adults on our 25th Disney Cruise (29th cruise overall). From the early days of reviews of the Wish I felt it was great for families with young kids, or first time cruisers, not seasoned cruisers or parties of adults only. After actually experiencing it I can confirm that is my opinion.

To touch on some of your points, while I thought the Grand Hall was pretty, my biggest surprise was no one cheering as we boarded. We got our name announced but then that was it...right on to the next party. No line of CMs happy to see us. :( I know it is a very little thing but it really got you pumped up upon boarding and I immediately noticed it missing. Also, the costume of the announcer was not the Cruise look, but more of a Fairy Tale look. It gave a different vibe.

I too prefer the self serve buffet so that was sort of annoying, especially when some portions, like the breads were self serve. While I missed my old favorite foods, overall I felt the food quality was maybe a step up, however the 2 days we did lunch at MM I felt it lacking. The Festival of Foods was a wonderful addition!

I went in knowing I would not like the dinner shows. Honestly, Arendelle was not too bothersome. I think the performers "read the room" and just waved at us as they visited other tables. Marvel, again I will start by saying I have 0 interest in Marvel and actually dislike all that stuff. I felt I would be able to avoid the videos. Unfortunately they were very loud (we were right next to one), and something else I hadn't heard of and I'm surprised, the huge bugs on the screens while eating my appetizer. Who thought that was a good idea? Maybe the same person who designed the jogging track? But yeah, looking at bugs at dinner...absolutely gross!

I can't comment on the room as we booked a 9D GTY and got an accessible room...TONS of space! As much as I loved it I almost wished I had a regular room so I could have experienced it.

We often see reports here of the layout being bad. I didn't think that would be an issue...just learn the ship. No biggie! I have to say, after 4 days I was still confused. I didn't like having the adult activities just thrown in wherever. Not only was it harder to figure out where I had to go and then find the way, but it made it easier for kids to pop in, which we had happen quite a few times over just 4 nights. In one instance we were at an event at Luna and everyone heard kids voices from the balcony. The host stopped and nicely told them they had to leave. They looked at her. She said it again, very sweetly. The Dad then leaned over and said "Oh its ok, they are just listening, not participating". :sad2: You could tell the host did not know what to do. Obviously she couldn't fight with the guy in front of a packed lounge, but, by right.... She just sort of said "Oooo-K" and went on. I feel if all the adult bars were secluded like the other ships, that would not have happened.

The adult pool/bar/deck area...UGH! No lounge chairs to lay in the sun unless you go out to the sides. From there not only was the sun blocked by the Aqua Mouse but I could hear the movie from the Dumbotron, the life guards whistle, and occasional kids screaming. I missed that nice soft music I usually listen to on the side decks near Satellite Falls. No seats at the Cove Bar! Most afternoons we spend sitting at the bar having a cocktail, where we have met some wonderful bartenders and had some fun with guests over the years. That is not an option here. In the end I found deck 14 forward, while not adult only, was more enjoyable, quieter, with more loungers in the sun. We also were able to sit at Currents Bar and chat with the bartenders and other guests too. I feel that area should adult only too.

We too did not get offered a Platinum Gift. We asked our stateroom host who said to call. We did and were told they don't just give them out now you have to ask. Is it really a gift if you have to ask??? :rolleyes: Between that and losing automatic Boarding Group 1, I really feel they are forgetting about their loyal guests.

We didn't see a movie but felt the WD Theater seats were OK. We are 5 4 and 5 10 though, not very tall.

Cast Members were all top notch! I can't say enough good there. Some even were able to work some magic for us which helped me enjoy the cruise more.

Overall we had a good time, it was a cruise, how can it be bad, but we didn't love the Wish like the other ships. It definitely would not be my choice in the future, unless I had a reason (like family all sailing on it and wanting to go along). Also if the Treasure ends up being the same, I don't feel the need to try that one. I really hope they keep at least 1 of the Dream Class ships going out of FL.
Thank you for your comments. You have solidified most of my concerns and pointed out some I had not thought of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter