Theater Banning Men From Two Showings of Wonder Woman

boys are good at science & math" sorting definitely kicks in. And outspoken, confident girls definitely get the bossy/witch-with-a-b label and have a harder time socially.
Both my daughters excel at math and science-oldest was one of 3 (2 female, one male) on her NASA research team last year. However she had a science teacher who took the best/brightest/most enthused of any gender to be handpicked for his team. That year it just happened to be 2/3 female :) The teams project took 5th (I think? might have been 4th) place overall (HS and college teams competed equally, and most teams had many more members than hers did).

DH took DS and his friend to see Wonder Woman last night and they all LOVED it. I am waiting for a Black Widow movie :P

Both my daughters excel at math and science-oldest was one of 3 (2 female, one male) on her NASA research team last year. However she had a science teacher who took the best/brightest/most enthused of any gender to be handpicked for his team. That year it just happened to be 2/3 female :) The teams project took 5th (I think? might have been 4th) place overall (HS and college teams competed equally, and most teams had many more members than hers did).

DH took DS and his friend to see Wonder Woman last night and they all LOVED it. I am waiting for a Black Widow movie :P

My mother had to get special permission to take Calculus and then had her teacher tell her she was in the wrong room, and even try to protest her assignment with the principal. Then, forced to actually teach the girl, he spent the entire year successfully convincing her that she had no future in math.

Me, I was never good at math, so I never experienced any sense that there were any gender barriers in my way. I just avoided the subject whenever possible!

So by the time my daughter was born, I really believed that the whole, "Boys are good at math, girls are good at reading," was a thing of the distant past. But, when my daughter was in 8th grade, the math teacher decided to have the students work in groups. As it happened she ended up in a group with four boys, and when she spotted something they were doing wrong, and tried to tell them, she was told to, "Go sit at the end of the table and stay quiet. Girls can't do math!" My daughter got irritated and decided she'd just do ALL the assigned work, by herself. Fortunately, her teacher was sympathetic, and didn't try to force her to work with them. And in the end, she was very pleased to earn a higher grade than they did, all of them working together.

She was especially proud, later in the year, when she earned the top grade in a maths competition. But she complained after, "They still say girls can't do math!" Her father's response was, "Don't worry about it, honey. You can't fix stupid." :laughing: Me, I'm just grateful that my girl has enough self confidence and grit to be able to stand up for herself when she's told she can't do something because she's a girl.

And I can't wait to see Wonder Woman!

I disagree with your interpretation that anybody is being banned (negative connotation) from working a certain shift. I see it as some people being scheduled for a particular shift while they and others are scheduled for a multitude of other available shifts throughout the work week.

I honk this depends largely on whether or not they have a set roster. If John normally works Mondays and is being told he can't work Monday that week because he is a man that isnt acceptable.
I maintain my belief that if roles were reversed people would be calling it sexist.

I honk this depends largely on whether or not they have a set roster. If John normally works Mondays and is being told he can't work Monday that week because he is a man that isnt acceptable.
I maintain my belief that if roles were reversed people would be calling it sexist.

Sure, but usually, movie theaters have no set roster. If there are managers, their hours would be set. But the other people, no.

And even if their usual shifts are mixed up, no explanation would be made. I guess John might know why he's working a different day, but the schedule maker wouldn't explain I t. Changes are made based on who is out sick or on vacation too.

The only person I could even see this effecting is someone who can only work that day of week. But even then, a guy probably would keep that shift because Wonder Woman is only on a few screens right? Not the whole theater. Even if it was on all screens, no employer guarantees any hourly worker hours.

What bigger picture? And how am I hurting women's progress by failing to give an antiwomen group legitimacy? I am genuinely curious. These people want to undo a century or more of woman's rights and contributions to society.
The men interviewed where not anti women. As for extremists you do know there are feminists who claim all sex is rape. What the men in the red pill want is for Domestic abuse stopped for the victims both male and female. They want paternity fraud stopping, parental alienation to be prevented. They want help for the boys falling behind in schools for the high level of male work place death and the higher suicide rate in men. She is that so aweful? Beyounce's sister attacked her husband why was she not arrested? That female footballer arrested for domestic abuse was allowed to continue to play why?

The men interviewed where not anti women. As for extremists you do know there are feminists who claim all sex is rape. What the men in the red pill want is for Domestic abuse stopped for the victims both male and female. They want paternity fraud stopping, parental alienation to be prevented. They want help for the boys falling behind in schools for the high level of male work place death and the higher suicide rate in men. She is that so aweful? Beyounce's sister attacked her husband why was she not arrested? That female footballer arrested for domestic abuse was allowed to continue to play why?

I have little patience with extremists on either side. But the red pill isn't about "equal rights". They talk about how being verbally and emotionally abusive is "real" masculinity and the key to healthy relationships, make fun of men who express emotions or engage in egalitarian relationships with women, and otherwise focus on ways to restore male dominance and patriarchy that they see as threatened by feminism. And your examples... That happens all the time, with both genders. American football is loaded with unpunished domestic batterers whose skill and wealth shield them from consequences. So is pop culture as a whole - movies, music, celebrity culture tends to be overly tolerant of inappropriate behaviour.

I've known a handful of these guys personally. They talk about "paternity fraud" but what they really want is sex without consequences; they want to be absolved of their own unwillingness to use protection in the event that the woman doesn't use protection of her own or that protection fails. But they don't want "parental alienation" either - they want the perks of being a weekend dad, but not the child support payments or any actual responsibility. Sure, they use coded language. They aren't out there saying "Deadbeats have rights too!". But that doesn't change the message - women are manipulators who seek to exploit men and as such don't deserve decent treatment, men should be able to get their sexual needs met without responsibility or obligation, women are the reason men are falling behind economically, etc. Even the description on their Reddit makes this pretty clear: they exist to "discuss sexual strategy for the benefit of men" (bolding theirs) in a world "lacking a positive male identity".

On Saturday, we lost a very special woman to terrorism in London. Her name was Christine Archibald, and before moving from BC to London to be with her fiance, she worked in a homeless shelter. She'd begun volunteering there while attending university, and once she'd graduated, became a full time staff member. She was loving and generous, and worked hard to make the world a better place for all people. Her family has issued this statement: "Volunteer your time and labour or donate to a homeless shelter. Tell them Chrissy sent you.”

I know the topic has drifted, but I was a bit behind and just caught up, and I have to say what a wonderful family this sounds like! To still be thinking of others in their time of grief is remarkable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter