There's a squirrel in my head! My first PTR for WDW and beyond...

We were lucky DD needed a plate - only $600 once off and all future checks every few months were inclusive in the initial price. Compared to the bills our friends were getting with kids with braces it was great! Took her a while to get used to sleeping with it though. Worked a treat.

Fingers crossed for lots of OT for DH and tix soon in your hot little hands.

I lost my plate after my braces came off as a kid. It didn't seem to be a problem then but over the years some of my teeth have moved :( I'll be in to DD in case she loses hers.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have had two out of three kids have braces - ouch!! DD also had a plate as well as a couple of teeth removed under general anaesthetic (before we were covered) .

The orthodontist said the third one could also do with them, depending on whether we wanted a Mercedes or were happy with the Ford! - we'll take the ford, thanks LOL!

:) We went with the steel Ford instead of the clear Mercedes!

Tomorrow's thing to do - check out the Hyatt MCO for 18/12. We have a full day at universal then fly out to NYC the next morning. Admittedly I'd forgotten about this 'missing' day...

I lost my plate after my braces came off as a kid. It didn't seem to be a problem then but over the years some of my teeth have moved :( I'll be in to DD in case she loses hers.

My DH had the same problem.
Solution?...braces back on at 50 years old
They're looking good again now - braces might come off later this year :-D

My DH had the same problem.
Solution?...braces back on at 50 years old
They're looking good again now - braces might come off later this year :-D

I have been thinking about getting something done about mine but I think it'll have to wait after DS gets his off and we recover financially a bit :)

I feel like this trip planning business is going so slow because I've had no work for so long which means that the spending business has dried up.

But there was enough money saved up in the holiday account to pay for our 5 day WDW park hoppers, so keeping in mind the possible soon-to-be price rises announced through MouseSavers, I ordered the hoppers today through UT using the discount link through MS. Another thing to tick off the list of things to do :goodvibes

I've been reading lots online about NYC and trying to work out what we can fit in in our 4 nights there. I've waitlisted through RCI for three properties through our timeshare, so I won't book a back up hotel until later on in the year. I will make sure that whatever I do book has no cancellation fees in case one of the RCI properties come available. I want to stay Midtown close to Times Square. I want to be close to everything and make the most of the whole NYC experience. I considered further out to save money but I'd rather be part of the whole vibe :goodvibes

I have managed to type up my list of things to do, as well as leaving space for future additions as they come to mind. I like little check lists so there is a column for ticking off each thing as I do it. I'm very pleased with myself - at least making a proper typed check list makes me feel like I'm being productive and organised.

I bought some more packing cubes last week from Kathmandu that were 50% off. I'd bought some a few weeks earlier from Anaconda and experimented with them but I wasn't completely happy with the Anaconda ones. I like the Kathmandu ones better. Last week I pulled out a representative sample of the clothes that I plan on packing for our trip, folded them into the suitcase and took a photo. Then I took all of those clothes and put them into the packing cubes and I was so impressed with the extra space I gained. Because we will be travelling through two completely different climates the intention is to pack all of the winter stuff into the cubes to keep them separate from the summer stuff so that we are not rummaging through winter stuff to get to the summer stuff as we travel. Then when we get to NYC I will be able to pull out the winter stuff we will need for the next 5 or so weeks and not have to touch the summer stuff until we arrive in Anaheim (assuming the weather will be warm enough for us to go back to shorts and t-shirts). pixiedust: to the wonderful Dis-ers who sing the praises of their packing cubes :goodvibes

Oh I like your thinking and will order DH to investigate Kathmandu packing cubes in his lunchhour as we also have colder clothes for UK/Scotland and warm ones for Spain!

Oh I like your thinking and will order DH to investigate Kathmandu packing cubes in his lunchhour as we also have colder clothes for UK/Scotland and warm ones for Spain!

Oh do. There are more expensive ones on the market that are supposed to be heaps better but these will do for us.

Jobs for the day -

buy new multi currency cash passport and call to arrange the balance from our old single currency one transferred over

take in last four months of receipts from orthodontist and chiropractor to health care insurer and get some money back :) - more money for our holiday fund :)

I recently bought the Kathmandu packing cubes and they were great on our central America trip, although I kept all my nice going out clothes in them, kept them clean:rotfl2:
In regards to the cash passport, check out the new multi currency card from Australia post, I have never used a travel card before, but took it just in case, had no issues whatsoever when getting money in Guatemala:thumbsup2

I recently bought the Kathmandu packing cubes and they were great on our central America trip, although I kept all my nice going out clothes in them, kept them clean:rotfl2:
In regards to the cash passport, check out the new multi currency card from Australia post, I have never used a travel card before, but took it just in case, had no issues whatsoever when getting money in Guatemala:thumbsup2

Thanks.

I ended up getting the multi currency one yesterday at the post office then struggled with registering the darn thing as I wanted to talk to someone on the phone first as I had money left on the older style one (that you can only recharge via bpay now). I ended up calling the number for lost/stolen cards and it was eventually sorted out. I did have to add money to it at (the multi currency one) the post office first though.

We used our old single currency one a lot last time and didn't have a problem with it. We'd get asked for ID at times but that wasn't a big deal.

Well, work has slowly started to return but not enough to get excited about. All I can say is thank goodness for tax return time. Sigh.

My UT WDW have arrived and I am going to have to suck up this week's ticket price rise for UO and DLR as I can't afford right now to buy them. Oh well.

On a bright note I've got a heap of sample sized clothes powder sachets put away for the trip. It saves me buying a full sized box or bottle over there and lugging it around :) And I've started collecting free things that showcase where we live to go in our FE gifts :)

YAY for getting the WDW tickets before the price rise. Shame about having to wait a while to get the DLR and UO tickets. :sad1:

Where did you get the sample sized powder satchets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter