Things that are sad .......

I LOVE ID Discovery Channel.....my husband kids around that I plan on knocking him off and looking for ways to do it LOL!!!

MJ

I know, its so pathetic, you watch these things and you know how everyone will get caught, I am yelling at the tv, dont forget to put the seat back up in the car, and things like that

Weirdest thing, but my friends and I all have what we call “WalMart Moments” where we’ll be in a store shopping and just tear up over some bittersweet memory. My best friend is a bereaved parent and her trigger is buying apples at the grocery store. Where she once bought a dozen at a time for growing boys, she now buys three and still ends up often throwing one away. :sad1:

For me it’s the back-to-school displays. It was always such a busy, happy, exciting time when my DS was little. I just miss those moments so much now that he’s grown. Seeing the crayolas, plastic lunch boxes and little Velcro-strapped running shoes puts a lump in my throat every time.

Weirdest thing, but my friends and I all have what we call “WalMart Moments” where we’ll be in a store shopping and just tear up over some bittersweet memory. My best friend is a bereaved parent and her trigger is buying apples at the grocery store. Where she once bought a dozen at a time for growing boys, she now buys three and still ends up often throwing one away. :sad1:

For me it’s the back-to-school displays. It was always such a busy, happy, exciting time when my DS was little. I just miss those moments so much now that he’s grown. Seeing the crayolas, plastic lunch boxes and little Velcro-strapped running shoes puts a lump in my throat every time.
Well now I’m sad for you! DS is only 17 mos, but I already know it goes so fast!

Old people eating alone in a restaurant. Now I have probably created a story in my head that they have all lost their spouses but it makes me think of my dad who has lost my mom and eats alone at a particular restaurant after church every Sunday where they used to go.:sad:

Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?

(Raises his hand)
(pause)
(Sarcastically) Nobody cried when Old Yeller got shot? I'm sure.
(hands are reluctantly raised)

I cried my eyes out.

When a dad cries

late at night I like to watch them true murder shows on Discovery ID, and its so sad when years later they interview the family and the dad cries

what else do you find sad

I was watching Dateline the other night and the 40 year old brother of the murder victim was crying through his parts of the interviews. You could just see the visible pain. It was so sad.

I mentioned to DH that you can always tell when relatives are in real pain over their loved one's death (aka, not guilty of causing it) because you can see the depth of pain in their eyes. Especially when it's a parent who has lost their child. There's a distinct look of devastation in their eyes that is unlike anything you see any other time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter