• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things that are sad .......

I'm sad that spaceship earth will be closed during our trip. I have a lot of nostalgia with that ride. It was one of my Dad's favorites and this will be our first trip without him since he passed away.
Actually, this next trip will be somewhat sad because of that same reason. I wish my Mom could go with us but her health won's allow it. So, we will be reaching out to her on ******* or skype while touring.

Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end?

(Raises his hand)
(pause)
(Sarcastically) Nobody cried when Old Yeller got shot? I'm sure.
(hands are reluctantly raised)

I cried my eyes out.

View attachment 439267

They used to show Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at my elementary school every year. One year they decided to show Old Yeller, and after dealing with an auditorium full of sobbing kids ( including me, I was really traumatized) they went back to Willy Wonka the next year.

I LOVE ID Discovery Channel.....my husband kids around that I plan on knocking him off and looking for ways to do it LOL!!!

MJ

My sister told me she read that InvestigativeDiscovery ID is the most watched cable program viewed by females in a certain age group. Can't remember but I doubt it's the Kardashian crowd. Anyway, It makes sense since I watch that program channel more than all others added together. I do have to turn it off sometimes when young person and children are involved because it's unbearable, the horror but on the otherhand it's so fascinating( the solving of the crime)

that people believe carrying a gun to settle their beef is the answer. and I do not mean persons who carry to honestly defend themselves.

My husband and I occasionally go to garage/yard sales, flea markets, etc. I sometimes find estate sales incredibly sad—especially if family members are there—watching a lifetime of memories being sifted through, bargained over and then being carried out the door.

My husband and I occasionally go to garage/yard sales, flea markets, etc. I sometimes find estate sales incredibly sad—especially if family members are there—watching a lifetime of memories being sifted through, bargained over and then being carried out the door.

I only went to one estate sale, and one was enough. Not only because I felt a bit like I was a vulture picking over carrion, but because several family members were there having to buy back possessions they had known their whole lives and associated with the deceased loved one. I stick to flea markets now.

It really depends on who is running it. My brother and SIL do them occasionally for family friends. they don't make much, and they spend far more time going through stuff than they do actually doing the sale. By the time of the sale itself the emotional part is done. It's an incredible thing to do for someone else - help when they need it most.

Then there are the paid guys who do it for a living - YEESH! They don't care about the family, the neighbors...anything. Get the sale going, get paid and get out. An especially bad group did the Estate sale for the house next door. People were parking on our lawn, the police were called, and the end result is an unwritten, but heavily enforced rule against yard sales of any kind on our block. Not ashamed to admit I helped the other neighbors with, let's just say, items that could easily be handed over a fence :ssst:.

I only went to one estate sale, and one was enough. Not only because I felt a bit like I was a vulture picking over carrion, but because several family members were there having to buy back possessions they had known their whole lives and associated with the deceased loved one. I stick to flea markets now.
We just had and estate sale at my grandfather's house in July and it was difficult for the reasons you mentioned. It was so hard to see my mom have to buy her parents stuff and to have strangers rummaging around and haggling over prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter