Things that are unnecessarily expensive

Tell me about it. I'm used to seeing a dozen eggs under $2. With Easter next weekend they should be on sale for under $1. They were $3.84 yesterday at the store. The price of milk has skyrocketed this year too.
That's crazy. I bought an 18-ct of eggs for $1.47 yesterday at Kroger.

For no reason

I would say
Food at cinemas and service stations
What information are you basing it as "unnecessary" on?

Do you understand where the profit margins come from at these businesses or where they make their money?

Yeah the whole concept of needing to lock up baby food because it gets stolen a lot is next-level dystopian to me. The idea that there are parents out there who desperately need to feed their babies but are too poor to do so is heartbreaking. We have a lot of social safety nets -- I believe we have WIC programs and such to address this situation. I wonder why some people aren't able to get what they need from those programs and need to steal it instead?

(also, why do you have what looks like Davy Jones dancing to a post about over-priced baby formula??)
They don’t steal it because they can’t afford it. They steal because A. They can and B. So they can sell it to others.

I second the car rentals and hotels. Travel is pretty much getting back to normal again and I feel like this is bordering on price gouging.

Planning getting college kids from/to this year (one we drive, one we fly, both need hotels), and the prices are double what they normally are. From just two years ago.

Medical items, parts and accessories, and certain equipment. You can buy some of the same things on the consumer market cheap, but the price sky rockets in the medical world. Even a small pulse ox finger probe you can find at CVS will cost so much more from vendors who sell to hospitals. The list is endless!

Even screws! A certain massive corporation who will go nameless can offer you a single T10 torque screw for $6. When a vendor offers to charge you that much, “Screw” is right!

ETA: A tiny piece of plastic with absolutely no electronics whatsoever, a power button for a jaundice meter, over $100.

Meat and sodas. It seems like as people consume less and less of these that the prices go up more and more and that seemed true before shortages were a thing.

Playing golf. It's always been expensive but the recent price increases during COVID lockdowns here soared substantially. Used to be able to play with a cart for about $40 in 2019 and its now like $70-$80 or more.

Handyman services
Medical care
Ticketmaster fees
Concessions at theaters and stadiums
I can go on and on.

Yeah the whole concept of needing to lock up baby food because it gets stolen a lot is next-level dystopian to me. The idea that there are parents out there who desperately need to feed their babies but are too poor to do so is heartbreaking. We have a lot of social safety nets -- I believe we have WIC programs and such to address this situation. I wonder why some people aren't able to get what they need from those programs and need to steal it instead?

(also, why do you have what looks like Davy Jones dancing to a post about over-priced baby formula??)
Those are not the people stealing them. It is lowlifes that then resell them to those who are desperate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter