Think there still may be a 'room only code' to use for July?

donnamerry

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone out there knows of 'any' code coming soon (not Fairty Tale Pkg) but just a 'room only code discount'? Thanks for replies!:smooth:

I spoke to CRO this morning about the possibility of a room only discount for the GF in August.

I think my specific question was 'are there any room only specials or managers specials for 13 - 16 August?' and his reply was 'not at the Grand Floridian'. Could mean that there are specials at other resorts or could just be Disney answering exactly what they're asked.

When I asked was anything likely to come up as I had already booked FT package and was looking for something so that my mother (travelling alone) could join us, he had no record of anything on his system. He reiterated what a great deal the FT package was and said it's selling out fast (there are no gardenview rooms left in the package for our dates, even though they're showing on the system for room only).

Oh well, it was worth asking.....

What the CM was probably referring to were "upsell" rates. What they are is someone calls CRO and asks for a room only rate at CBR. Well with POFQ and parts of POR being close moderate rooms are at a premium. What CRO will do SOMETIMES is offer an "upsell" rate to a deluxe resort. They are usually a discounted rate off rack rate, but not as good as AP and code rates. They also are only offered at some deluxes, especially those that need rooms filled, hence why you got the answer, "Not at the GF."

Thanks for that explanation Lori- just goes to show it doesn't hurt to ask occasionally!

I would say that there won't be any room only codes for July. It appears the FTP was a big success for Disney and they won't need to offer any other discounts other than what is out now. But, again, that is just a guess.

I don't know how long you are staying at WDW, but I would definitely look into an AP. The cost of buying one AP over PHP passes might easily be made up in the savings on the room with an AP discount.

The AP discounts are currently out for visits through the third week of August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter