Thinking about future trips!!! Fall months???

tinkgrl

Love Johnny Depp & Captain Jack Sparrow! Love bein
Hi,

Since I hope to be working a full time job starting in June. We have begun talking about when to vacation. My dad went to WDW in October & loved it. So which of these months Sept, Oct, or Nov (my birthday month) would/do you love & why? The more info the better. Thanks! BTW, what do you think of my new JD pic??? :lovestruc :lovestruc

tinkgrl said:
BTW, what do you think of my new JD pic??? :lovestruc :lovestruc
[SIZE=+0]Hi tinkgrl... sorry this is sort of an OT reply. But just had to comment that the many faces of JD pic is nice... ;) But where's Willy Wonka? (DBF thinks I'm crazy for thinking that even Johnny w/ pallid skin + bad Prince Valiant hair is hot :p Okay, there's my teenager moment of the day.)

BTW, we prefer Oct + Nov 'cause the F&W festival is going on then.[/SIZE]

disneyberry said:
[SIZE=+0]Hi tinkgrl... sorry this is sort of an OT reply. But just had to comment that the many faces of JD pic is nice... ;) But where's Willy Wonka? (DBF thinks I'm crazy for thinking that even Johnny w/ pallid skin + bad Prince Valiant hair is hot :p Okay, there's my teenager moment of the day.)

BTW, we prefer Oct + Nov 'cause the F&W festival is going on then.[/SIZE]

Hi,

It's okay to be OT. I can't find an adavar with all his characters. I wish I could!!! If you find one plmk. The one I have is the only one I can find @ the moment. I changed my advar for the time being & will wait until closer to the release of the corpse bride (9/23) to put victor back!!!

Thanks for the fall info!!!

DH and I have gone a couple of times the week after Labour Day and the parks are almost deserted. We also love October because of F&W and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Either month gets my vote.

We really like the week September turns to October. I believe this is the end of hurricane season, and no one is at the parks. We have had great luck with the weather. Still plenty warm for swimming but not so hot to be unbearable. Now that our kids are getting older we are going to have to pull them out of more legit classes to go that time of year. :guilty:

Surely they won't mind sitting in the villa doing homework :rolleyes:

We've never done Sept or October, because the dd's are in school. But, we've been there over Thanksgiving week a couple times. We arrive on Saturday before and stay until the following Saturday. The crowds aren't bad until closer to T-day and I love watching the decorations appear. Last year we watched them create the gingerbread carrousel at the BC. It was so cool. The weather last year was also really nice. The best we've had over Thanksgiving.

OT - Like the new JD pic, but I like Jack the best. There's a store in the Annapolis Mall here, Hot Topic, that has a comforter with Capt Jack and one with Willie Wonka. My dd wants one for her b-day.

Have to put in a minor disagreement about that week from end of Sept into Oct. May not be the norm, but we were there that week last year and landed the day after hurricane Jeanne (we were the 2nd plane back into Orlando) and although the sun was out everyday for that week, the weather was so unbearably hot and humid. My husband got heat stroke and we all got a horrible stomach bug, including my 2 yr old. Whole family vowed no more September trips for us! But then again, we're from "the north" so maybe we just don't tolerate the heat as well!

Tracey :wave:

We've been on Halloween weekend, great weather, and to the MNSSHP on Halloween which was fun.

We've been at other various times in September, we were also affected by a hurricane, late '90s perhaps, in November and at the beginning of October. Every year is different, and our beginning of October trip had absolutely perfect weather as well. Our middle of November trips were much cooler.

So, I'd go with October, you have the F&W goings on, MNSSHP, and what I hope will be perfect weather for you! :wizard:

Bobbi :flower:

bobbiwoz said:
We've been on Halloween weekend, great weather, and to the MNSSHP on Halloween which was fun.

We've been at other various times in September, we were also affected by a hurricane, late '90s perhaps, in November and at the beginning of October. Every year is different, and our beginning of October trip had absolutely perfect weather as well. Our middle of November trips were much cooler.

So, I'd go with October, you have the F&W goings on, MNSSHP, and what I hope will be perfect weather for you! :wizard:

Bobbi,

How much cooler is November??? It's my bday month so I might want to give it a go.

Nov is as bad as Dec

some years the high are in the 80' lowest in the 60's - other years the high are in 60' low in the 40's

hard to predict!

I am going this year in Nov for the food/wine festavial.

I would love to go again in Oct - loved MNSSHP!!!

also this year going in Sept! - I haven't been in Sept for years - and yes it is hot and humdity.

the parks are about as empty as they get. but Sept park hours are generally cut. I am hopping this year they won't be because of the celebration.

:wave:

We were at VWL at the last day of F&W last year, and it was lovely weather, I did go swimming the next day. 2 years before that we were at the S&D (the same time of the year), and I couldn't, the air made it not comfortable.

So, if November is your birth month, that alone makes it special enough to plan to go then. You'll have a great time, you'll be on a vacation from work, which will probably feel different than a vacation from school. Vacations from work are more precious, I think!

Where in Illinois are you located? We live just south of Champaign about 35 miles and I work at the University of Illinois. I saw your Chief and couldn't resist asking. Chief Forever!!!!

Binnie

We went in October and absolutely loved it. The crowds were low and the weather was great. Also loved the Food and Wine Festival. Would love to go again in Oct, but my husband is back in the Agriculture business and harvest will keep us from getting there then. I might have to plan a trip with my sisters and Mom. That sounds like a good idea. We have also gone in November right before Thanksgiving and we loved that also, because when we left, the decorations were up and the crowds were small. We went the week before Thanksgiving week. When we were checking out the Saturday before Thansgiving, large crowds were checking in.

Binnie

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. October sounds like the best bet, with Nov coming in 2nd. Next trip will probably be @ VWL. Any thoughts? Any other thoughts on the Fall months??

35 mi south would be about Arcola?

We're in Paris.

Bring on the Zook era...Please!

connorsmom911 - we didn't go in '04, sounds like a good thing. Thanks for the heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter