Thinking of booking GF Club. Main Building or Outer Building?

jlb

Mouseketeer
The only resort we have not stayed at is Grand Floridian. Considering booking club, but confused by the 2 choices. Any input will help.

If you can afford it, book the main building! My husband and I have stayed there twice, on our honeymoon and 15th anniversary. Both experiences were amazing. There is something about sitting in the lounge and hearing the band while snacking on appetizers that was a perfect. We haven’t stayed in Sugerloaf, so cant compare the two.

We also love the YC CL for the food and friendly CMs (my kids loved the 24 hr candy jars and to go bags).

Main building for sure! It was one of my best trips staying there. It is really convenient when you get off the monorail to get to your room. The lounge over looks the lobby and you can listen to the band play and people watch. I'm also not a fan of having to go outside to get to your room so I really like being underneath one roof. It's great if there's bad weather outside.

The outer building will be quieter if you're going during the Christmas season when everyone wants to visit the Grand Floridian to see its gingerbread house. It will also be less expensive. But the main building does have the advantage of not requiring you to walk outside after arriving at the Grand Floridian, and there is sometimes a band playing music. Each building, Main and Sugar Loaf (the outer building), have their own lounges, so you wouldn't have to walk to a different building to get to the lounge, in any case.

You really can’t go wrong at the GF. The main building is lovely, has great views and is convenient to the lobby, shopping and most of the restaurants, if you don’t mind spending for it. But, an outer building will still be lovely and may put you closer to pretty views of the marina or the pool. Either way, you’ll want to spend some time just sitting and taking in that beautiful lobby. If you want club level, Sugarloaf is a slightly less expensive option, yet still very nice. The GF has fewer rooms than many other WDW resorts, so just because you’re in an outer building does not mean it is a long walk or interior bus ride to the main building as it is at,say, the Coronado Springs. I’ve stayed in some of the GF’s cheapest rooms—-next to the loading dock in one case, but for under $300 in 2011, I wasn’t complaining—-and at the RPC. The level of hospitality, cleanliness and attention to detail was equal.

We have only stayed at Sugarloaf ( outter budilding club) as we go in Feb. and from a price point my family of 4 can usually stay in that room for an additional $130 vs $200 to $300 for the main building. That being said we love Sugarloaf... not just for the food and drinks but the onsite concierge is amazing. We have been 5 years now and every year Jordan is there to greet us. He knows my family and our needs and just makes everything better! No need to go into the main lobby and wait on line for anything! If you are a newbie having a onsite concierge ( with a bit of Disney Magic) will make your trip. He is your personal Disney expert, he has fixed up my messed up room reservations, made dining changes, and calmed my mother in law! All amazing skills!
THe location of this Sugarloaf works for us as my kids spend a ton of time in the pool. So its easy to run one building over and get food, wine and snacks.

I have stayed in main building, and enjoyed it very much. That being said, prices for main can be outrageous. In that case, book outer building and you can enjoy the main building lobby at your convenience.

Main building if the budget works for it! Although we also really like SL as well. Access to the pool and boat are both really convenient from SL. The lounge is more a quick breakfast location in SL, the lounge in the main building is a relaxing enjoyable place to stay for a while. Food is the same in both.

I would stay in the main building for sure. Although I did not stay CL, I would have loved to stay in the main building. It's so convenient to get off the monorail and you do not have to walk outside to your room.

We had a lovely view of fireworks, the monorail & the electrical water pageant from an outer building (Conch Key) thme park view room. If going again I'd either repeat that or do outer building club level. Main building is too expensive imo. The outer buildings are just fine.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you stay in one club level(within GF) can you visit the other? It never occured to me to stop into the other club to check it out for a drink so I understand the difference?

Does anyone know if you stay in one club level(within GF) can you visit the other? It never occured to me to stop into the other club to check it out for a drink so I understand the difference?

Generally speaking, no. You can only access the lounge in the building you are staying in. However, I believe if you book a suite, you can access either lounge. I have never booked a suite, but I think that is what I have read. You will probably get more answers in the club level thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/unread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter