Thinking of trying Universal? Read this first timer’s impressions (kinda long)

Perfect!! Thanks, I loved it!!!

No problem. I've had a post or two misinterpreted and been flamed for it. As soon as one person decides to flame you, the vultures who circle the boards love to dive in and pick at your flaming carcass. It's not pretty. But, you'll note, as soon as someone steps in and redirects the focus (and maybe even makes the flamers look a little foolish), the flaming stops.

No problem. I've had a post or two misinterpreted and been flamed for it. As soon as one person decides to flame you, the vultures who circle the boards love to dive in and pick at your flaming carcass. It's not pretty. But, you'll note, as soon as someone steps in and redirects the focus (and maybe even makes the flamers look a little foolish), the flaming stops.

The UO homies stick together and help each other defend the darkside to those blinded w/ pixiedust :thumbsup2

The Disney addicts scare the heck out of me too! I know people who work 3 jobs so that they can go 5 times per year (we live in NJ), have their homes totally decorated Disney, and even have the icons on their computer arranged in the shape of a Mickey head!

In fact, the entire town I live in is Disney obsessed..they even thank WDW at their graduation every year (does Disney sponsor it or something???). The schools has Disney paintings all over the walls (we're talking a HS here people) and the senior trip is to WDW every year (they have classes of 700 kids, only have spots for 300 to go...does that sound like a "class trip"?). My daughter actually got pulled down to the main office and yelled at because she pulled out of the trip after I gave them my $100 deposit because we were going that summer, staying in the Beach Club for 7 days with MYW park hoppers and the 2006 dining plan...and it was going to cost me MORE for her to go with her class than for her to go with me (the HS stays at ASM for 4 days, gets a breakfast/lunch only cs plan , no park hoppers, and the kids have to go to one designated park and stay the entire day. The cost was $500 more than for her portion f our 7 day trip.). When I didn't even sign my son up to go they called him down and demanded to know why he wasn't going...he was going to Japan for his graduation present and again we were going to WDW for a week afterwards.

I'm planning on opening a Disney-themed business to take advantage of some of the (as I call them) prisoners of WDW that live in my town!

I'm not anti Disney at all. In fact it's the only place I've never been on vacation...and I feel a little deprived that I've been anywhere else. My dad worked for a corporate sponsor of the 70s and 80s (the company who made Disney's movie film)and he got some amazing deals and perks so WDW was the cheapest place for us to go (he got things like 1/2 price rooms and tickets, discounts on meals and souvenirs, etc). I also worked for RCA when their sponsorship of Space Mountain was winding down and I know the hard line WDW gave the company about continuing sponsorship and why they pulled out. That was before MCI bought them. Maybe that's why I'm more jaded and know the true line of WDW...the BOTTOM line is the only one that matters. All the pixie dust and magic is only the PR they use to pull you into their "trap' lol. In fact, I've known several Dis corporate types who think that the Disneyphiles have a screw lose...and they actually LAUGH about it.

To them it's just a product like anything else. It actually used to be cheaper to stay at WDW for a week than to get a room for a week at our local NJ shore boardwalk...not anymore...

This year, I'm skipping WDW and going to US and IOA...and some of the smaller attractions in Orlando.I've missed out on so much being stuck as a captive in the WDW compound.lol.

I hear ya. You'll love universal, its a great change of pace, but I would put them on a pretty equal plain in theme parks, universal just has different things and different themes, equally as great, maybe even better than WDW.

I think most people get into it because of escapism. They want to get away from the mundane grind of work work work 24/7. Being at WDW or Universal is a great escape into a fantasy world where you don't have to worry about all the BS that comes with every day life. At least I know that's why I"m into it basically. That and at U, the rides are incredibly unique as well as the themeing of the overall environment on the whole property.

Another thing U does better IMO is the whole property is themed including the Hotels which are on site and within walking distance of the parks, that adds a lot in and of itself.

bullet, hope you have a great time at UO this year.

if you have questions, there are many UO homies that could try to help you.

i bet bullet monograms mouse ears.
i think i would become thin if i had to chase down mice and catch them to work on them.

jk
no flaming necessary

I found a hidden Mickey....

191773.jpg

The UO homies stick together and help each other defend the darkside to those blinded w/ pixiedust :thumbsup2
If Universal does ONE more commercial knocking Disney, I'm going to turn in my PAP and NEVER set foot on Universal property again! NOT! :rotfl2:

Just out of curiosity, what business are you opening?

I don't exactly know ...I have a lot of research to do on this one. In this town, I could put my dog's waste in a box and mark it Disney and people would buy it...lol. I did once try to buy a monorail car that I was going to make into a fast food restaurant, but darned if the price got a little too high for my liking.

macraven

i bet bullet monograms mouse ears.
How do you know my secret? lol BTW, I only use live mouses' ears!

I love Disney as much as the next person (lots of awesome memories with my Dad) - but seriously those people are like an evil Religious Cult :sad2:

You're welcome huskie...that's what homies are for ;) ....here's hoping I killed it :rolleyes1

Sometimes those threads just take a lot of torturing before they die.

sorry, that's party my fault too. I just get so fired up when people think Disney can do no wrong, ever. :rolleyes1 They discuss the alcoholic milkshake incident as if the CM saved the kid from running into the street in front of a truck.
Ugh! I can't take it! Time to take a Disbreak. :upsidedow

sorry, that's party my fault too. I just get so fired up when people think Disney can do no wrong, ever. :rolleyes1

And yet, you will find those same people engaged in other threads about "Most disgusting thing you ever saw at WDW", "what rides need rehabbing", "i wish they'd get rid of xx and put xx in", and threads of that sort.... I don't get it? :confused3 They 'bash' other people, but yet, discuss the same thing amongst themselves?

And yet, you will find those same people engaged in other threads about "Most disgusting thing you ever saw at WDW", "what rides need rehabbing", "i wish they'd get rid of xx and put xx in", and threads of that sort.... I don't get it? :confused3 They 'bash' other people, but yet, discuss the same thing amongst themselves?
hee, hee! It's like when 2 siblings complain about their mom but say to anyone else, "Don't you talk about my mother!"
:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter