This WDW vacation coming in October will truely be a blessing...

So glad to hear everything worked out. Have a great time in WDW!

Thanks for thinking of Julia.

She's doing much better than we she first came home from the hospital on July 16. She was cranky, tired and very pale. And she also got a urinary track infection from the cathedar so she had to be on Cypro (Anthrax antibiotic!) for 7 days.

She's had blood work twice since she left the hospital to continue to monitor her and make sure she's still improving. Although her blood and urine aren't "normal", she's getting better each time they do the blood work.

She'll go again for blood work and blood pressure in about a week and a half, then once a month, then once a year.

She'll need to be monitored once a year for probably the rest of her life as this desease is so new to the medical field that they don't know the long-term affects of it. They cannot guarantee that she won't have kidney problems or high blood pressure in the future. But the doctor at Children's said all indications are that she'll be fine.

As far as how she got this. We'll probably never know for sure.

It was either the petting zoo or the hamburger.

I got a call from the town Health Department yesterday and the day before with lots of questions. They will do an investigation. Whenever someone gets E Coli, they investigate. They are going to give the petting zoo a call as some of the stuff I told them about the zoo seemed gross to them and they are going to notify the zoo to stop. For example, they had this middle section with lounge chairs for the parents, two baby goats, and lots of chickens all running around with kids. Then they also had 2 sprinklers that were shaped like flowers for the kids to cool off in. Kids, including mine, were running through it. Some kids took off their shoes and ALL their clothes! Now this is an area with animals running around too! What about the feces on the ground? Mixed with a sprinkler and kids getting naked? That's disguesting!

And I told them all about the hamburger and where I got it (Stop & Shop) and I'm sure they'll do some investigating there too.

So that's the latest. I thank you all for your concern, kind works, and prayers and pixie dust! It has truely helped Julia, I'm sure. It could have been SO much worse. Most kids who get HUS usually end up in total kidney failure and need dialysis and a transfusion. So we were truely blessed!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter