This weeks burning question

Will fears of a worsening economy affect your travel plans?

• Yes - I've decided not to travel this year

• Maybe - It depends on if the right deal comes along

• No - I'm going on vacation!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
We purchased DVC so that we wouldn't need to worry about rising costs. Airfares are still reasonable and being able to get two and sometimes three trips out of our annual passes also helps. We won't be changing our travel plans (Disney World and Disney Cruise) in 2008.

we have had this DL/DCL vacation booked for over a year now, so things would have to get really bad for us to cancel. We skipped a big vacation this past year and have the cruise portion partly paid. If at all possible we are going!!!!!:wizard:

After that , who knows!!!! :confused3 We will have to see how things turn out.

You forgot the 'Yes-I'm going on vacation' option. I especially like it when the parks and resorts are less crowded.

We are hitting WDW in May but moving to Orlando so our vacations will be to visit family. Since we will not miss out on seeing family we will still travel. May just do it for 1 long trip rather then many short ones.

I have been to WDW twice in the past 4 months - I love celebrating other people's birthdays! For the rest of the year & have 4 more weeks of vacation & plan to be travelling for 3 of them. Not WDW likely...the one week that really isn't confirmed is July and I was planning to head north, not south. ;)

Then again we still have AP's valid until the fall... :goodvibes you never know!

If we do find ourselves cutting back on vacation, that just means we become local tourists instead - finding a Holiday Inn a few hours from home. If we vacation at home DH doesn't get away from work. I would look for wirecutters to separate DH from work, but Blackberries are wireless - sigh (see my photo under theme parks for the contest)

Although I will be taking a holiday(vacation) this year it won't be to Disney as we cannot afford a Disney holiday every year, we will stay in the UK this year and have to save to go back to WDW.

I go when we get a wind fall of money. Saving $3300.00 out of our month budget just is not do-able. I juggle the bill for Directv and the internet to fit the money left to pay them. It may get a Little easier if Dd gets a full time job then she has agreed to pay one of these bills.

I'm able to get some extra jobs for income that goes in the vacation fund. So I'm 90% sure we'll be going on vacation. However, what we do on that vacation, and how much we do may depend on the budget and the economy.

While we will still be vacationing this year, upcoming WDW trip in April and possibly August, the recent economic issues have deterred us from making a final decision on our DVC purchase. Not that DVC, or Disney for that matter, is an overly expensive vacation, however our fear of rising travel costs, i.e. the airlines, scares the heck out of me. In a nutshell, I'm afraid of not actually being able to GET to our DVC "home" in a few years.

Going to wait that one out and see what happens. :)

I will not give up my Disney vacation. Now any other vacations maybe....but not Disney.....
Good time to buy stock....LOL

We are all booked up and ready to go and with the £ so strong against the $ it gets us so much more for our money :confused:

I wanted to use a different software package to do the polls, but it doesn't work, so we'll just post them here from now on :)

This weeks Burning Question is : Citigroup recently downgraded Disney's stock on the basis that a worsening economy will impact DIsney's theme park business. Will fears (or the reality) of a worsening economy cause you to change your travel plans this year?

Pretty much my plans for this year are set and budgeted for so I'm going through with them. I will probably cut back on extra stuff at home (dining out, starbucks etc.etc) but vacations are so important to me. I need them for mental health. :laughing: Even if I don't do Disney as often I'll take a vacation some where.

We have 2 trips planned for WDW this year and hope more will surprisingly pop up for us:thumbsup2

We are still going this year but will most likely not go for awhile after due to the econmy. But we are doing 3 weeks this year so I guess if we stay home for two or three years we will still average one week a year. I can see where if the country does not turn around that it will effect many businesses and families.

This poll will be very skewed in favor of going to WDW anyway. Look at the audience these boards and podcast attract...mostly Disney obsessives, who would sell their firstborn in order to get their trip to the Mouse. I know...I'm one of them.
But I wonder about how this economy will affect the ORDINARY middle-class vacationing family. I guess we'll only know when Disney starts dropping prices again (or doesn't).

Oh, by the way, I'm skipping WDW this year. Saving for my airfare/transfers for my CRUISE in 2009!

3 trips planned this year totalling 7 weeks. I am in retail here in UK and last 2 years trade is just getting worse and worse after 18 years of great sales. Spend about $40,000 a year visiting Florida (and odd trip to Disneyland, CA) luckily enough money saved to carry on travelling for a few years but I will have to cutback, probably not doing our trips to Europe this year.

Our vacation schedule is WDW every other year and a week in Myrtle Beach every summer. It will take something drastic for us to change that.

Most people (especially people on the DIS) have already made their plans for 2008. If the economy doesn't get any better I think 2009 may suffer. However I have been waiting to take my cruise that I booked in 2006 on board and I am definitely going on the 2009 Tortola cruise.

I voted no we are going but not as much as usual. LAst year we were there 5 times. I have an AP good til Sept but I know we wont be going as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter