This will be our first trip to Universal and we're looking for the best places to eat.

The 3 broomsticks offer the best value for a family size dinner with The Great Feast you can feed 4 to 5 people for around $50

The Great Feast is now $60, but it's still a fantastic deal for the quality and quantity of food you get. Easily feeds 4 large appetites.

Mythos is one of our favorite places to eat, anyplace. Bring a lightweight sweater, as it can be very chilly.

Finnegans is a must do as well. (we are usually there for 3 days so have more time).

We don't care much for the food at Leaky Cauldron and 3 Broomsticks, but like a snack.

The kids fell in love with Margaritaville when they WERE kids. Not that they are legal, they have noticed the food is not that good, but still want to go for apps and drinks and fun.

We were surprised that the food at Antojitos was much better than expected.

We stay at the HRH and have enjoyed the Kitchen for a quieter dinner with good food.

The Great Feast is now $60, but it's still a fantastic deal for the quality and quantity of food you get. Easily feeds 4 large appetites.
It hasn't a huge favorite in our family, and we've tried it a few times. I think part of why we didn't love it has to do with the pile of refuse at the end of the meal.

We often like eating on the back patio, but well, staff isn't always immediate to clear the empty tables. Any trays of Great Feast refuse quickly draws flies. It reminds me of eating a NE clambake or Maryland Crab Feast. Looks great when it arrives, then the pile of refuse kills my appetite, but I feel bad wasting any of it.

I think I found my answer on another thread, one month out. My family of 9 will be at Hard Rock hotel in May for 5 nights, will have plenty of time to decide.

Here now at Universal - excellent places for lunch would be Mythos (a must!) and Finnigans, we went to Toothsome (another must!) for dinner and also loved Cowfish and Antijitos.

At Disney we love (going tomorrow) California Grill and places like Teppan Edo and Be our Guest has a fantastic steak dinner ... to give you an idea of our taste buds.

zeb, I was half joking, but to be honest we find much of the food "edible" at WDW and not "very good". Just my opinion.:sunny:
I hear you.

I will admit, at Universal there's easier access to better food at a more reasonable price.

You're not getting a Rise and Swine burger, like the one I had at CowFish for $16 at Disney, ... and you're not getting the $17 Risotto like the one I had at Mythos at Disney ... certainly not at those prices.

And I love Disney. :-)

Last edited:
I hear you.

I will admit, at Universal there's easier access to better food at a more reasonable price.

You're not getting a Rise and Swine burger, like the one I had at CowFish for $16, at Disney ... and you're not getting the $17 Risotto like the one I had at Mythos at Disney.

And I love Disney. :-)

zeb, we are such Disney lovers that my oldest daughter moved to Florida last year and now works for the Mouse. She was raised as are all of our kids, at WDW.

The OP stated that there were "many very good" places to eat at WDW and that's where I disagree. I'm not saying the food is bad, but just average, more times than not.

how far in advance can you make reservations?

Universal is not like WDW in this regard. First of all, most places at US take walk-ups, usually with minimal wait. For Mythos at lunch, we make a reservation. It is also common to see folks waiting for dinner tables at Finnegan's. I'd also reserve the luau. Often you can get same day reservations, but if a certain time is a priority, consider making one a few days in advance.

The only other exception would be a special event or a holiday meal like New Year's Eve, especially if you want to book a special holiday event meal.

If I only had one day in Universal, I would eat at the two Harry Potter restaurants. Both have incredible theming - you'll feel like you are in the Three Broomsticks and the Leaky Cauldron from the movies. Our favorite table service options are Mythos and Cowfish, but I would want to maximize park time in your case. For snacks, consider a giant donut and a Duff beer in the Simpsons area or Florean Fortescue's ice cream (the lavender green tea flavor is my favorite) in Diagon Alley.

Our favorites are the Harry Potter restaurants in the park and Cowfish at Citywalk. Breadbox has great sandwiches to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter