• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thorpe park crowds compared with Disney

henrydog

Mouseketeer
Visited Thorpe park yesterday and apart from the first 2 hours the queues were horrendous with 75-90 min waits for most things and over 2 hours for the new roller coaster.
We are going to Orlando 28th May til 11th June this year, are the crowds really as bad as this in the Disney & Universal parks ?

Hi,

At times the crowds can be that bad, but make sure you use the Fast Pass and Express Pass systems to thier full advantage to beat the queues.

In my experience the crowds are worse at UK theme parks, but inevitably queues will build up at the biggest rides and attractions wherever you are. Best way to avoid this is to arrive early and take advantage of wahtever virtual queue system is employed.

I think it is particularly bad a Thorpe Park at the moment, with the new coaster, lots of advertising, good Easter weather and heavily discounted tickets through Kelloggs and other promotions.

Regards

Rob

there are lots of queue avoiding strategys - Fast Pass is one, but if you get to the park at opening time you will beat a lot of crowds- have a leisurely lunch while everyone else is queuing and then do more rides when the parade is on, and later on in the evening. We simply won't wait more than 30 minutes for any ride and we managed to do everything that we wanted to.

If you are in the park on a SpectroMagic night, then ride the rides during the first parade (they will be very quiet) and watch the later parade which will also be much less crowded.

In Epcot, we found Future World was deserted after lunch - we spent an afternoon in FutureWorld and we walked onto virtually everything - it seems people start there in the morning and then move to World Showcase for the afternoon.

I've no great tips for MGM or AK, but the same should apply - get there early, and use parade times to get on busy rides.

Bev

I can't edit my post.. but I forgot to say that the Shows are a good choice for the middle of the day when it is really crowded - they have a huge capacity so usually you only need to wait for the start of the next show to get seated.

Bev

Thanks for all the great info.

Perhaps everybody could post here, in their experience what are the best days and times of day for each park (including Universal, Busch, Seaworld & waterparks), and what are the days to avoid certain parks. If we all pool our knowledge together we should all have a better chance of beating the crowds.
I know the end of EE has made it more difficult to predict crowds but perhaps the people who have returned recently could shed more light on this.

Just to say Henrydog we were there last May/June & queued for Nothing more than 30 mins. If the posted time ismuch longer than tthat then come back later . I t definately worked for us

Again use fastpass it works!!!!!!!!!!

:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter