"Those Four Blokes" Pre-Trip Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

snuggles79

Earning My Ears
Just been reading other people's pre-trip reports so thought I would do one myself!

There are four of us going:

Me - 29
Friend 1 - 29
Friend 2 - 28
Friend 3 - 40-something-or-other

All of us blokes.

Three of us have never been to any Disneyland and friend 1 has been to Disneyland Paris once before with his young daughter - this time no children allowed!

The trip came about as it's my 30th birthday in July and what better way to spend it than with Disney - something different and unusual!

Friend 1 and 3 live in London but friend 2 and myself live up North (me in Manchester and him in Blackburn). However, I am from London originally and my family are still there so we travel down to London this Saturday (20th June) and our holiday begins!

Our trip is as follows:

Saturday 20th - Travel to London and stay at mum's

Sunday 21st - Stay overnight at Gran's (she is getting a new telly delivered Monday morning so by staying at hers can help her with it!)

Monday 22nd - Meet with two other friends and stay overnight at Travelodge Farringdon

Tuesday 23rd - Go to Champagne Bar at St. Pancras before getting the 9:53 train to Disneyland! Staying at Sequoia Lodge

Wednesday 24th - Early Magic Hours, Breakfast with characters at Cafe Mickey at 9:30, Lunch with Characters at Cafe Mickey at 12:00, Birthday Evening Tea with Characters at 5:00 at Lucky Nugget.

Thursday 25th - Nothing planned really other than dinner at Annette's Diner and come back in the evening :sad: via Eurostar

The only thing I am demanding we do whilst we are there is ride "It's A Small World" .... it's the law of any trip to Disneyland :lmao: Other than that I am not really fussed what we do - will be great just to experience the atmosphere and the experience itself.

Because of Eurodisney's 40% off deal we got an awesome price for the package - Travelodge (with all you can eat breakfast), Eurostar return (booked direct with them) and 2 nights at Sequoia Lodge / 3 days in the park all for £215 per person! I was amazed at how cheap it worked out to be.

We have decided against the Eurostar Express Check-In service - it's not really worth paying the £15 extra per person in our opinion .... would much rather spend it on the character breakfast!

Although it's not my birthday until July 7th we settled on the 23rd to 25th June because French schools break up on July 1st so wanted to go when it would be slightly quieter!

To say I am excited would be an understatement ..... I think I need some anaesthetic to knock me out between now and next Tuesday :rotfl2:

What a fun way to celebrate your birthday! And only 6 more days to wait. I really loved Sequoia Lodge when we stayed there.... and It´S a small world is definitely a must-do!:dance3:

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup2

I agree about Small World - you absolutely must go home with that song in your head!!!:lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I read this and cracked up laughing - all the cafe Mickey meals and Lucky Nugget too - all in two days LOL! Are you going to ride anything ROFL! :lmao:

Sounds like you are going to have a riot whilst there - watch out France the boys are back in town :rotfl2:

Oh and P.S I feel your excitement. My countdown is going so quick that I'm scared I'll miss my trip!! Pass me the anaesthetic after you've used it please :thumbsup2

Wow you will be charactered-out on the Weds! What a fab day you'll have :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip - it's nearly here!!!

Fantastic!!

Cant wait to hear about your trip when you return, try and include some photos for us to have a look at.

Enjoy the magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter