• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those who stayed in both Concierge categories on Fantasy/Dream (1-Bedroom 00T & Family Oceanview 00V)

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
Looking for feedback from those who have traveled in both concierge stateroom categories. We have always stayed in the 1-Bedroom 00T and are contemplating staying in the smaller 00V during a 7-Night Fantasy cruise during the summer since the pricing is so high that time of year. Would lover to hear from those who have stayed in both categories if the smaller cabin is a big adjustment or not (coming from being used to a 1-Bedroom) and if doing so leaves you wishing you had booked the larger room or if satisfied with the smaller one.

We are a Family of four and children will be 4 & 5 years old at time of sailing.

Thank you!!!

00V have the same size as Family deluxe rooms. We stay in both 1BR and regular family deluxe based on where our cruise is going. In the Caribbean, we spend a lot of time in the room and thoroughly use Concierge services. We love the extra space, especially the table to play games, have a bite to eat, etc. In Europe, we are ashore most days so we have quite enough space in a Family deluxe, without Concierge services. Of course, the second bathroom is wonderful. You have less privacy in the smaller room since all that separates your bed from the kids is a curtain. That being said, we are just happy to be on the ship, whatever stateroom we are in. It depends on how flexible you are.

00V have the same size as Family deluxe rooms. We stay in both 1BR and regular family deluxe based on where our cruise is going. In the Caribbean, we spend a lot of time in the room and thoroughly use Concierge services. We love the extra space, especially the table to play games, have a bite to eat, etc. In Europe, we are ashore most days so we have quite enough space in a Family deluxe, without Concierge services. Of course, the second bathroom is wonderful. You have less privacy in the smaller room since all that separates your bed from the kids is a curtain. That being said, we are just happy to be on the ship, whatever stateroom we are in. It depends on how flexible you are.
This was pretty well said. We are only a family of 3 so we can get along just fine in a Cat V but if the price is right, we always go for the T room so our DD has kind of her own space to sleep, play, color, watch TV, etc.

We've cruised multiple times in both categories and have never missed the extra room in the Category T suites. For us, it's a nice luxury if the price is right but not a necessity. Our last cruise was in a T and our next is in a V. Having access to the lounge and sundeck is more important for us than the size of the room.

We went the other way (V to T,) and we really enjoyed the extra space, but we've gone back to smaller rooms and are just fine. The reality is, now that DD is older, we aren't in room a ton and she no longer really naps. Eating in the room was also really nice when she was small, but again, since she's older, we just don't feel the need for that space and would rather save the money and spend it on excursions etc.

As someone who has stayed in neither, but always stays in the family size regular rooms with our family of five, I can say we always had more than enough room. The family rooms really are quite large.

We've done both with a family of 5 (now 15, 13, and 9). The biggest thing we miss is the second bathroom, so much so that we're going to do two non-concierge rooms next summer for our cruise. It really helps for getting everyone ready for dinner to be able to run two showers. A couple of times, my wife or I even showered in the spa instead of the room.

As far as space, the Cat V has more usable drawer and cabinet space. So while there's slightly less closet, you actually have about as much room to store everything else. Other than shoes, we had plenty of space for everything. And the shoes were okay as long as we kept them organized. Given the price difference, I'm not sure we'll ever do Cat T again. We'd rather do more cruises than have the nicer room now. I'm hoping we'll decide that non-concierge works for us too, but that experiment will have to wait until next year.

For us the 2 deciding factors are the 2nd bathroom in the one bedroom and the ability to eat meals in the room. Having that option of dining in is huge for us as we find the main dining room too loud and hectic and having been to the all of the dining shows we can now pick and choose if we want to dine there or quietly in our room.

For us the 2 deciding factors are the 2nd bathroom in the one bedroom and the ability to eat meals in the room. Having that option of dining in is huge for us as we find the main dining room too loud and hectic and having been to the all of the dining shows we can now pick and choose if we want to dine there or quietly in our room.
Also - one more thing that pushes us towards the Cat T is we don’t really like showering in the round tub with the curtain that always seems to cling to you. Gives me the willies! So nice to have comfortable, curtain free showers!

Also - one more thing that pushes us towards the Cat T is we don’t really like showering in the round tub with the curtain that always seems to cling to you. Gives me the willies! So nice to have comfortable, curtain free showers!
Agreed. We like the glass door shower as well. Also, you get the big jetted tub.

For me one of the biggest perks to sailing concierge is the nicer bigger room of the one-bedroom suite. I wouldn't stay in the Cat V because it's basically like a normal room with nicer decorations. I would stay in a normal room and save the money. I haven't traveled with kids, but with kids that age it shouldn't be a problem with space, it will just be less privacy than the one-bedroom.

Looking for feedback from those who have traveled in both concierge stateroom categories. We have always stayed in the 1-Bedroom 00T and are contemplating staying in the smaller 00V during a 7-Night Fantasy cruise during the summer since the pricing is so high that time of year. Would lover to hear from those who have stayed in both categories if the smaller cabin is a big adjustment or not (coming from being used to a 1-Bedroom) and if doing so leaves you wishing you had booked the larger room or if satisfied with the smaller one.

We are a Family of four and children will be 4 & 5 years old at time of sailing.

Thank you!!!
The hardest thing to give up from the V to the T for me are the bathrooms. The size of the master bath, and just having the 2nd bathroom. However, I don't know about your 4 and 5 year old, but when ours were that age, its seems they were always in our bathroom anyway, so going down to the split bath in the T shouldn't be that bad. We are a family of 4 as well with DD-13 and DS-8. On our last cruise, we did a B2B on the Dream and did V for the 4 might then T for the 3 night (the V was not available for both legs) and going down to the T was not that big of a deal. In fact, our kids actually liked the beds in the T better because it felt like they were in bunk beds.

The hardest thing to give up from the V to the T for me are the bathrooms. The size of the master bath, and just having the 2nd bathroom. However, I don't know about your 4 and 5 year old, but when ours were that age, its seems they were always in our bathroom anyway, so going down to the split bath in the T shouldn't be that bad. We are a family of 4 as well with DD-13 and DS-8. On our last cruise, we did a B2B on the Dream and did V for the 4 might then T for the 3 night (the V was not available for both legs) and going down to the T was not that big of a deal. In fact, our kids actually liked the beds in the T better because it felt like they were in bunk beds.

You have the V & T switched. :)

I agree with the above posts. We have stayed in both several times. We often travel by ourselves and the 1-bedroom is a luxury, but the V is just fine, especially if the price is right. Don't worry about moving "down" to a V. (Although we do love that in-room dining!)

We are a family of 3 and we've stayed in both categories. They both work perfectly fine for us. We love the concierge level service and are happy to save some money by doing the family oceanview stateroom. There is a curtain between the bed and the pull-out, so we always felt we could create a separate space if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter