• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thought I would post a simple room report for VB

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Room/Trip report at VB

Stayed in a 2BR at VB recently - room #1511

#1511 is a ground floor dedicated 2BR in the SouthWest corner of building number 15 - the patio is surronded by trees, plants, bushes etc and was secluded and very private (only potential privay issues were from the walkway from A1A to the ocean that is on the South side of the DVC property)

The room was in very good shape - not excellent as some of the chairs needed a good cleaning on the "wooden top" part and th bathroom grout had taken a hit in a couple of places and needed to be touched up on a spot basis

Excellent CM's as always - Linda, Dave, Mike and others made the trip a lot fun with activities (tot fish find/chalk art etc., Discovery Club stuff, mini-golf ball colours for DS#1 etc. The staff at Bleachers is always in a good mood, very engaged and a lot of fun - kept calling me sweetheart
:blush:

DS#1 loves this resort and so does DW - I love taking the family there since it affirms our DVC decision and is a great companion trip to WDW

The beach berm has been completed, the water was about 72 degrees in the ocean and was fine once you got it. The pool was at a resonable tempeature, the slide was a lot of fun and dinner at Shutters a good choice as always with excellent attentive service.

At the Discovery Club, DS#1 was the only attendee so he had personal attention from the two staff on duty and had great time with lifeguard "Dave".

Had a good outing to Tanger Outlet Mall at US60 and I-95 - nice discount/outlet mall

All in all, an excellent trip to VB

thanks
jaysue

Thanks for the report, jaysue. We head there next week for our 16th wedding anniversary!

jodifla - excellent news and congratulations

What kind of accomodations do you have booked?

thanks
jaysue

Thanks for the info, and I'm glad you had a good time at VB! 72 degrees ocean temp sounds like the warmest that it ever gets in NJ. I can hardly wait!!!

Are there lifeguards on the beach?

Bobbi:D

bobbiwoz, no lifeguards at VB - there is a sign that warns people that this is the case as well

FYI: the drop off is relatively fast and the waves break close to the beach, the water is somewhat murky so if there are kids, they need to stay in close to shore

Seems like the area has potential for rip tides as well

Cheers
jaysue

Thanks for the info about lifeguards. We're empty nesters, and I'm the one who likes the waves and the ocean, DH is going for the rest and the pool.

Bobbi:D

Jaysue - We have an ocean view inn room. We only live about 2 hours away, so a one-night trip is feasible (don't want to be away too long from DS, 2) We normally take at least one short trip up there a year, normally in the summer.

We actually decided to buy DVC after our first trip to Vero in '96. We stayed on one of their $99 specials (Vero was newly opened that year, I believe). DH made the mistake of letting me talk him into going through the presentation. Once he saw those one bedroom accommodations, he was intrigued, and by the time he saw the beach cottage, he was sold!

I am so glad you had a nice time! Thank you for taking the time to give us a trip report! ::yes::

jodifla: Hope you have a wonderful time as well and Congratulations on your Anniversary!

Hi,

Thanks for the report!! Glad you had a good time!!

Allison an associate

Thanks All

jodifla, excellent choice - DS#1 wants to be in the Inn next time - I asked him why and he said it would be fun (he is 4yrs 4 mos old - not sure where he gets ideas from...)

lenshanem, lifeguards at the pool during posted hours - 164' slide too!!!!

:Pinkbounc

We are heading to Vero Beach this June. Your report makes me even more ready to go! This will be our first trip to VB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter